Options

Comments

• beanielou
    beanielou Posts: 90,270 Ambassador
    Academoney Grad I'm a Volunteer Ambassador Mortgage-free Glee! Name Dropper
    Options
    Hurrah on being out :j :j
    Enjoy the curry :)
    I am a Forum Ambassador and I support the Forum Team on Mortgage Free Wannabe & Local Money Saving Scotland & Disability Money Matters. If you need any help on those boards, do let me know.Please note that Ambassadors are not moderators. Any post you spot in breach of the Forum Rules should be reported via the report button , or by emailing forumteam@moneysavingexpert.com. All views are my own & not the official line of Money Saving Expert.

Lou~ Debt free Wanabe No 55 DF 03/14.**Credit card debt free 30/06/10~** MFW. Finally mortgage free O2/ 2021****
    "A large income is the best recipe for happiness I ever heard of" Jane Austen in Mansfield Park.

***Fall down seven times,stand up eight*** ~~Japanese proverb.
    ***Keep plodding*** Out of debt, out of danger. ***Be the difference.***
    One debt remaining. Home improvement loan.
  • Sun_Addict
    Sun_Addict Posts: 21,284 Forumite
    First Post Name Dropper Photogenic First Anniversary
    Options
    You've got DD well trained there - enjoy :)
    Christmas Savings 2024 £252.38/£600 April NSD:2 April Surveys £
  • mummytogirls
    mummytogirls Posts: 6,578 Forumite
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker First Post
    Options
    Thanks guys the curry was delicious! Both DDs got involved and I've said they can cook 1 meal a month from now on :rotfl:
    Thats one thing I will never stop them from doing is being involved with cooking as so many people claim they can't cook and I won't have that from one of mine!

Haven't done anything this afternoon until tea time. Made yorkshire puddings for tomorrows tea as DH will be cooking and they always seem to go wrong for him. Also sorted out mine and DD's lunch for tomorrow as were at a competition tomorrow.

Happy Saturday xx
    Mummytogirls x

• redofromstart
    redofromstart Posts: 4,165 Forumite
    First Anniversary Photogenic Name Dropper First Post
    Options
    One of mine likes cooking, the other doesn't which is a shame. When I left home I could burn sausages and make braising steak which wasn't very helpful as a student. I didn't actually learn how to cook 'properly' until I was 30 and was on mat leave with DS1.

It doesn't have to be expensive either. What about tinned chick peas - hummus, falfafel, etc? DS1 makes pizza with tedious regularity which is cheap enough.
  • mummytogirls
    Options
    Evening Diary,

Just a fleeting visit, back to work today after the snow last week and the parents have been on one!!! So draining. Anyway I've had quite a good day and been to the gym which is always positive!!

We are having trouble with trying to get DD1 motivated with her school work. We have confiscated her iPad and box controller tonight until she pulls her finger out!! Ive invited her into the living room to watch Corrie with me but she's got her hood up and isn't engaging :rotfl:. Any tips for motivating 11 year olds welcome.

Food:
    Breakfast - porridge with nutella and banana
    Lunch - Nannas magic soup, wholemeal bread, actimel, quavers and apple
    Tea - chicken milanese with roasted new potatoes, carrots and broccoli
    Snacks - kitkat and slice of toast before the gym
    Gym - spinning (hated it but enjoyed it in equal measures ha!)

Positive:
    * NSD2 of 10

Think thats about all. Hope all ok xx
    Mummytogirls x

• Eager_Elephant
    Eager_Elephant Posts: 4,714 Forumite
    Combo Breaker First Post First Anniversary
    Options
    We are having trouble with trying to get DD1 motivated with her school work. We have confiscated her iPad and box controller tonight until she pulls her finger out!! Ive invited her into the living room to watch Corrie with me but she's got her hood up and isn't engaging :rotfl:. Any tips for motivating 11 year olds welcome.

Could you just leave her to it and let her discover the consequences i.e. detention?
    Would getting a detention motivate her more in the future?
  • HairyHandofDartmoor
    Options
    Great news about DD getting into her first choice of school :T. I think you've done the right thing re the homework, and if that doesn't work she'll get into trouble at school as EE says.

I'm glad you're not trapped in your village any more :).
    Finally Debt Free After 34 Years, But Still Need to Live Frugally
    Debt in July 2017 = £58,766 😱 DEBT FREE 31 OCTOBER 2017 :T 🎉
    EMERGENCY FUND 1 = £50/£5,000. EMERGENCY FUND 2 = £10/£5,000.
    CHRISTMAS SAVINGS = £0/£500. SEF = £1,400/£12,000 PREMIUM BONDS ME = £350. PREMIUM BONDS DH = £300.
    HOLIDAY MONEY = £0 TIME LEFT TO PAY OFF MORTGAGE = 5 YEARS 1 MONTHS
  • mummytogirls
    Options
    Evening Diary,

Wow Wednesday already! Had training after work today so didn't get in until 5.15 which is late for me!! Have only just sat down after sorting tonight and tomorrow nights tea.

EE and HHOD, thank you for your replies. The current school doesnt give detentions for things like that but I agree she is going to have to learn the hard way. Like I've told her if she doesnt get up on time the bus isn't going to sit there waiting for her!! The problem we have we her is that she isn't even trying and she is totally capable. If we let her get away with it she would sit infront of a screen all evening.

Food:
    Breakfast - porridge with nutella and banana
    Lunch - jacket potato with cheese, actimel and apple
    Tea - hot beef baguette, chips and peas
    Snacks - biscuit and quavers

Positives:
    * NSD3 of 10
    * DD seems in a better mood :rotfl:

Hope all ok xx
    Mummytogirls x

• Sun_Addict
    Sun_Addict Posts: 21,284 Forumite
    First Post Name Dropper Photogenic First Anniversary
    Options
    Oh the joys of raging hormones which seem to start earlier these days. They grow out of it, DS did, although DD hasn't yet - at 31 :eek:
    Christmas Savings 2024 £252.38/£600 April NSD:2 April Surveys £
  • mummytogirls
    Options
    Afternoon Diary,

OMG what a day! Had another snow day today! Woke up to a light dusting and half an hour later it was like Narnia! The roads round here were totally gridlocked and it took DH over an hour to move half a mile so he turned round and came back. I set off with the girls and was going to be collected by someone from work and they never made it to me. Our Head rung and told me to go back home and send some texts as she was closing our school. Have worked at home today as loads to do and its getting a bit tedious now!
    Did bring my nail appointment forward to earlier in the day since I was at home though :rotfl:. First time I've had them done since January so really enjoyed having them done again. This was budgeted from my own spending money. Other spends today were £3 in the coop on milk and cookies.

Food:
    Breakfast - usual!
    Brunch - crumpets
    Snack - crackers and butter
    Tea - jacket potato topped with chilli and cheese
    Gym - spinning

Not the healthiest of days!! Havent really eaten much to be fair. I did take some curry and rice out of the freezer for my lunch but ended up putting it back!

Hope all ok xx
    Mummytogirls x

Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 247.9K Travel & Transport