Quit..rest ..restart . Diary no.3

Comments

• Hello Anna:)
    Wishing you a great new year . It seems not a bad time to talk to the creditors once again , as January is the month of misery for most when it comes to finances . Hopefully they’ll be more sympathetic and eventually you can move on from that and that will be a great feeling

Lovely day today, unlike yesterday which was miserable.Fair enough it was cloudy all day, but it was 70/30 as to whether it would be a downpour if I went out . So I stayed in. :(

Got some minor jobs one in the flat over the last few days.
    When I had my blinds fitted the fitter removed the curtain rails and for a few months the bedroom and living room had marks where they were and I kept putting it off incase I spilt paint on the furniture. Sorted that out at last.i also finally put a long mirror up in the hallway , taking it out of the bedroom as the spot it was in was not right after moving everything around one more time . Funny really regarding the bedroom . There is clutter in there which will have to be sorted this week which will mean I’m 95% done on everything in the flat.

The bedroom looks much better to walk into. However, sleeping in that arrangement is still taking a while to get used to. I looked at Houzz and Pinterest etc to see about Murphy beds / beds for below bay windows etc but so far am carrying on with the new arrangement
    I have a couple of prints being delivered over the next few days. One is rothko. I also ordered a volcano picture in canvas instead of a framed print . Just fancied doing it . Will finally sort out 5he music room in the next few days . Just trying to Box clever with the boxes.

James will be seeing to the tile problem in bathroom . He said I’m covered for six months . Not sure if I’m passed that, but I did tip,him now and again for the good work and help he provided .
    I’m going to ask him for a quote for kitchen cupboards . I know I have to take things easy, but if I can get something for under a £1,000 then it would be a great move imho. It would mean I’ve ticked all the boxes for the flat . I did incredibly well with the whole flat from top to bottom so this would be the icing on the cake etc.

I’m going through my collection of 7” records and will offload a few onto fleabay. I don’t bother with those. I have a couple of iron maiden pic discs . I bought a Gary glitter one for 20p, but think the bin is now the best place for that. When I was in really hard times less than 2 years ago, I sold iron maidens first ever single ‘the soundhouse tapes’
    I got £380 for it . Seeing as I paid only £1.20 for it ( I think) I did well. What I did sell not when I was in difficulty , was a white label test pressing of Metallica’s first single. Bought it in Camden markrt for £1.20. I met them and got it signed along with a poster. Made over £1200. When the recession hits though you never know what price you may get . Same with my rare fender bass I sold around March 2016 when I was struggling . I have a small box of 4cds that Metallica did of the Black album . I’ll list those as the box looks manky and that I’ve transferred them to MP3 anyway .

Been gym on Monday and personal trainer is happy . Went today. Intend to go Friday also.

Glad you’re imto your candles too worrier Walker . :)
  • Had to get up around 7am ,as Argos sent email telling me they will be sending me the small blender I ordered between 7am & 9pm .
    They came at 1pm .
    My large Rothko framed print came also. This was going to be put into the bedroom . The plan was also to get my finger out and put my Motörhead tour poster into a frame and find a place to put it .
    Bizarrely enough, they are both next to each other in the music room
    Don’t know how, but with the space I have , the pictures look really good there. I have two basses on that wall and thought I’d done the wrong thing by putting them on the wall . However, with a bit of jiggery pokery I made the most of that wall . It does unfortunately mean I have to buy two framed prints for the bedroom .
    That’s the thing with all white walls . Unless you put something colourful up, you can have the feeling of being in a mental institution :)

So , feeling groggy and tired and it’s cloudy out there. I will have to get my finger out and start tidying up the clutter. Maybe later on today. May list things on fleabay later. I’ll see how I feel.
    The music room is looking better, but still have to think things out and tidy .
  • MrsPorridge
    MrsPorridge Posts: 2,906 Forumite
    Name Dropper Photogenic First Post First Anniversary
    January is a horrible month really - I find it hard to get motivated with anything and I hate the dark mornings and dark evenings. Things do seem to be coming together for you though AC.
    Debt free and Keeping on Track
  • Thanks Mrs. P :)
    You’re right about January . I think it was this time last year , I had flu for a few weeks after readjusting. I was just beginning to book some viewings with estate agents, then cancelling a couple of times .
    Motivation can be difficult at times :)
  • So I got myself ready for the gym this morning. As I was walking up the road, there was a bit of sand along on the pavement . Fair enough
    the ground is a little damp . A male dog walker was approaching and I slipped. I remained upright . Got a funny look and carried on walking.
    Carried on walking until I was almost at the traffic lights at branksome roundabout. I then fell spectacularly. The chavvy woman approaching me just gave a dirty look. I managed to get up instantly. A man standing by a wall saw me. I walked up and just said it must be my new trainers. He asked if I was ok.

I was gonna carry onto the gym. I looked down and saw the knee of my track suit bottoms ripped and my right knee and hands has a little gash and some blood,so I returned home. I put some discenfectant on my self . Dettol seems hard to come by around here. It’s either sainsbury or. M&S own brands.
    I’m holding frozen chicken mince ( ugh) in my left hand..
    Not the best start to the day.
    Where are the plasters?
  • Oh dear AC. Sorry you took a tumble and hope it is just a few bumps and scrapes. I am neurotic about icy pavements since my son in laws mum slipped on an icy path this time last year and ended up injuring her shoulder and arm so badly she needed an operation and was out of action for months. Nice of the man to ask if you were ok.
    I’m a Forum Ambassador and I support the Forum Team on the Debt free Wannabe, Budgeting and Banking and Savings and Investment boards. If you need any help on these boards, do let me know. Please note that Ambassadors are not moderators. Any posts you spot in breach of the Forum Rules should be reported via the report button, or by emailing forumteam@moneysavingexpert.com. All views are my own and not the official line of MoneySavingExpert.
  • UncannyScot
    UncannyScot Posts: 2,070 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post Photogenic
    Hi AC... and A Happy New Year to you

Sorry to hear you took a tumble mate, hope you're ok.
    I took a header whilst walking down a track the other weekend, thankfully the snow and heather broke my fall and there was no one around to see, well other than my best mate who laughed his head off, as you do... I bought new walking poles pretty soon after that...
    BUGGRITMILLENIUMHANDANDSHRIMP I TOLD EM! - Foul Ole Ron
    It is important that we know where we come from, because if you do not know where you come from, then you do not know where you are, and if you don't know where you are, then you don't know where you are going. If you don't know where you're going, you're probably going wrong.
    R.I.P. T.P.
  • Gigervamp
    Gigervamp Posts: 6,583 Forumite
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker First Post
    Sorry to hear about your fall, hope there's no lasting damage, and I'm glad that someone asked if you were ok. Too many people just walk on by nowadays. God, I sound old!
    Speaking of sounding old, and Dettol, does anyone remember Iglodene? My nan always used that for cuts, scrapes, and gargling if a throat was sore. TCP took over those duties in later years. And mustn't forget good old Germolene, with it's distinctive smell and putty pink colour!
  • another_casualty
    another_casualty Posts: 6,506 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post
    edited 12 January 2018 at 3:11PM
    Thanks for all the well wishes . Something like that :rotfl:
    I’m fine . I’ve done a lot worse. I approached the guy ,and then he asked if I’m ok. I didn’t want to look too odd so to speak.
    I wouldn’t be surprised though if I get a note from the Council for damaging their pavement. The bigger you are etc..:)
    Maybe it was the sand . Maybe it was the new trainers? 2 slips in 5 mins .
    Uncanny Scott , it’s all part of it . Take it on the chin, and get ribbed afterwards:rotfl:

Gigervamp, I remember germolene and liked that . I don’t remember iglodene though. I’ve got an absorbent mind ,so I’m quite surprised by that. Was it for use in the North Pole ?:)

I found the ‘boots emergency kit’ and plastered myself up and used the antiseptic wipes. Palm is bruised above the ball of the thumb, and a slight swelling under little finger on left hand.That and the right knee took all the impact . When you get to a certain age , the tendons are a little sore. I’ve done a lot worse. I’ll live:rotfl:
  • I remember falling in Blackfriars about 2 years ago. I was in my suit as I was working. I was about the same size now, maybe bigger. People avoided me. They probably didn’t know what to do with me:rotfl: this time I got straight up. Probably because my body is more flexible . Something like that :)

Got brekville blender delivered. £15 well spent . It’s one of those that is a bottle that twists onto the main stand . Can’t go too crazy with it .
    Good thing about it being small is that I can’t put it out of sight and out of mind .

Got volcano canvas and put that up in my bedroom . I quite like it .
    Just have to get 2 more framed prints or whatever and that’s it.
    Of course I still have the clutter up in the bedroom to sort. Plus I need to tidy music room and all should be good .
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.1K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.2K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 607.9K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173K Life & Family
  • 247.8K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure