Elite 11+ shopping and chat thread part 2½

Comments

• davemorton wrote: »

...........AND I just got an email for 5000 points when I spend £40 :D

So.... large alcohol...

If we take 2 cars we can get 100 litres - so £10.

Then the 5000 points - so £5
  • Clipstrip_Bargains
    Clipstrip_Bargains Posts: 1,429 Forumite
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    edited 22 November 2017 at 10:41PM
    bubbs wrote: »
    UNTESTED too big apg for me,
    Fusion and mac3 they are £15 each 3 4 2 but in t and m /w 2 for £20
    mac are £8 each 3 4 2 and 2 for 12.50 t and m

Gillette Fusion ProGlide Power Blades
    (4) 3 reviews
    ASDA £15.00
    £3.75 / Blade
    Tesco
    £15.00 any 2 for £20.00 Offer
    Morrisons
    £15.27 2 for £20.00 Offer
    Waitrose
    £15.50 any 2 for £20.00

20171122_141030.jpg

20171122_140955.jpg

Hope this helps
    If you want a big APG - need to buy in 6's to get both offers £ for 4 pk & 342 in A & 2 4 £15 in T's work out about £6.96 a pack - I need to get these - does it sound a good price?

MYS Says 34% below average

Could be good if i won one of these

https://www.mrhyde.com/grooming/grooming-competitions/claim-1-of-1000-gillette-razors-with-movember/22200
    I say "THANKS" to posts that make me smile - Oh and really good glitches.:j
    Good things come to those who wait:A Bad things come on express delivery:(
  • If you want a big APG - need to buy in 6's to get both offers £ for 4 pk & 342 in A & 2 4 £15 in T's work out about £6.96 a pack - I need to get these - does it sound a good price?

Thanks for posting the pics bubbs :).

I’m looking at the fusion manual blades for £11. By buying 6 packs v T would give you a £25.50 APG and work out at £3.08 a pack.

DH is out at the moment, if he’s up for spending the APG I’m sending him in :rotfl:
    :happylove Nanny to 2 Cherubs :happylove
  • gocat
    gocat Posts: 5,905 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary Mortgage-free Glee!
    davemorton wrote: »
    :( no email for me, what was it?

...........AND I just got an email for 5000 points when I spend £40 :D

Checked Loccar, and im not with BG. I keep getting offers sent from them but its due to my house insurance, but the code isnt on there.
    I usually get them and typically this week havent got one yet :mad:
  • I used a £24.16 apg yesterday in a store I will not be at again - SA was lovely & just said its worth doing.. Supervisor had to overide but no worries there either:beer::j
    I say "THANKS" to posts that make me smile - Oh and really good glitches.:j
    Good things come to those who wait:A Bad things come on express delivery:(
  • mrs_lds
    mrs_lds Posts: 4,103 Forumite
    First Post Combo Breaker First Anniversary I won, I won, I won!
    Which journeys do i send the kids on? Expires tonight,tia
  • bubbs
    bubbs Posts: 66,910 Forumite
    Name Dropper Photogenic First Post First Anniversary
    If you want a big APG - need to buy in 6's to get both offers £ for 4 pk & 342 in A & 2 4 £15 in T's work out about £6.96 a pack - I need to get these - does it sound a good price?

MYS Says 34% below average

Could be good if i won one of these

https://www.mrhyde.com/grooming/grooming-competitions/claim-1-of-1000-gillette-razors-with-movember/22200

Yes thats why i said too big for me, did post previously needed to buy in 6's
    Sealed pot challenge number 003 £350 for 2015, 2016 £400 Actual£345, £400 for 2017 Actual £500:T:T £770 for 2018 £1295 for 2019:j:j spc number 22 £1,457Stopped Smoking 22/01/15:D:D::dance::dance:- 5 st 1 1/2lb :dance::dance:
  • bubbs
    gocat wrote: »
    Is it still ok to buy these in 3's , just in case there is only 3 there :)

Cant see why not if its straight comparison
    Sealed pot challenge number 003 £350 for 2015, 2016 £400 Actual£345, £400 for 2017 Actual £500:T:T £770 for 2018 £1295 for 2019:j:j spc number 22 £1,457Stopped Smoking 22/01/15:D:D::dance::dance:- 5 st 1 1/2lb :dance::dance:
  • Savvybuyer
    Savvybuyer Posts: 22,332 Forumite
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker First Post
    edited 22 November 2017 at 10:55PM
    3Dogs wrote: »
    Well I'm back after my lie down in that dark room (i.e. eating my tea and doing dishes) and there's more :eek: I hope I've got them all OK as it's been quite confusing, and then Savvy will come along with a few M ones :eek: :rotfl:

True, yes that one has changed. I will have to take that up with Andy (of my great friends Steve & Andy) as he told me gift sets were ok till Christmas :rotfl: :rotfl:

Added Q10 in this evening, thanks for confirmation

You are right there, as I have just been writing my previous post whilst you posted this and I'm now coming in to this thread - it's a big changeover in M today, I can mention almost nothing as there is a lot to sort out - but much of what I expected to have ended by today in M has it seems done so - PEK Pork tin may be rolling over (we shall see in a moment whether online agrees with this:rotfl:) and I have settled on £1 continuing on a Super Yummies pouch that I thought was to have expired today but apparently it is now until 12th December according to online - it's just about still on there but saying OOS online. I had it in one store, that had put all the other items to full price but left this showing £1, wanted to check the SELs elsewhere but my, in the end, further two stores both didn't have it:( - as it's the only item I had outstanding (from the ranges I am going to get in my stores today and others I am happy with/offers online still ongoing etc.), I am not visiting another store today as not worth it for one item that I have returned (I was back by 4.30 this afternoon - busy day since) and found online.

I think the medium Selection Boxes have now gone to full price in M. I think they are probably over if we are on Monday as there was confusion over their price from SELs for me on Monday. One that I tried scanned (elsewhere) at £1 on Monday but the same one scanned at full price today. I am also pulling the rug from under people on some Organix baby food products (4x100g and 4x95g) that were supposed to have ended on Monday, apparently got extended to December but I have full price SELs today and online is saying full price now. (I just follow M - if they perhaps "pull the rug", then I pull it too:cool:!) These items are now (believed to be) off in M - and the Weetabix Crispy Minis - I had as expiring tomorrow, maybe that was an error, whatever the situation - I have full price SELs now so they should be currently M offer price on the APG but about to end soon and change most likely to M's full price.

Meanwhile, if you waited to this part of the post, well done as it's the actual significant part of the post - it seems the 4 pack Baking Potatoes, which are not on my list, are now 60p in M. (Really, you can delete the "it seems" there - I only put that as I am going from the label I saw instore and online also says the same as well now but technically I can't say they are 60p as I have not had them scanned to show that they are - but, really, with my SEL and online in agreement, they are!) This didn't make my list as, normally, 50p is a steep price for just four potatoes - bags that contain a lot more would normally work out cheaper (excluding perhaps times when CB was available on 4 pack) - so the fact that, ordinarily, with no CB, 50p is an expensive price per unit means they didn't make my list but if they are on the 3 for 2 fillers list, then they should probably be removed soon - unless it's considered that, somehow, comparing against an increased M price - as it's still cheaper than the price that a.com has for A's version - is still worthwhile.

(I was going to say "A's shelf price" for those; however I cannot say that as my A, in one place, had a price of 50p when I suspect they were really 80p. However, for me, it was so confused - it had both prices side-by-side - that I didn't try it for a GC as I had doubt about whether I would get one in that situation.)

Anyway, besides telling you about the Baking Potatoes at M, there is a lot from M today to sort out. Therefore, I will most probably just do it on the list over the next few days as nothing particularly stands out to mention from memory now - there is a lot! I say need to "sort out" but I mean I have got all the information I have and it is "sorted out" in the sense that there aren't any conflicts remaining, my three stores resolved stuff that I need resolving from them, so the information itself is already sorted out but there is a lot of it and it will take time to sort out what I have got, if that makes sense. The "This Water"s in Tvs M are also now apparently full price so, assuming TBG has any of them that M have, they may stop working after they do their price collection on Thursday:question::think:.

:A
  • bubbs
    Arthien wrote: »
    Has anyone been to Bletchley park and the national museum of computing? I'm thinking of buying tickets and a cheap hotel as DH's 'main' present, as he always said he likes having things to do and having weekends away.

I've no idea how long to plan to spend, or if there are any nice hotels nearby that I should look at. It'll be almost a 2 hour drive so I'm also wondering if there is anything else in the area worth visiting on the same weekend.

Never been but i do know with the tickets you can use them again and again within the yr
    Silverstone not far if he is into motor racing?
    BIGGGGGGGGGGGG asda there:rotfl::rotfl::rotfl:
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.1K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.2K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 607.9K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173K Life & Family
  • 247.8K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure