Elite 11+ shopping and chat thread part 2½

Comments

• Picasso7
    Picasso7 Posts: 4,038 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    edited 28 January 2018 at 11:06PM
    Afternoon elite, probably already mentioned but Sadas Christmas cake kit has gone down from $2 to $1 ( you can see despite all your advice, I wasn't able to change $ to pound sign:o)

Oh, thank you! I have been waiting for this. Sadly have a meeting in London tomorrow so won't be able to look until the evening. I bet they have all gone... Oh well...

Edit: TM, thank you for saying it is still £2 in your A. I won't be quite so anxious now but will still go looking.

Edit facility seems to be back as it is well over 30 secs since I wrote this original post. :)
  • zippydooda
    zippydooda Posts: 16,121 Forumite
    First Anniversary Photogenic First Post
    davemorton wrote: »
    A savvy shopper has bagged £41 of shopping for 67p mainly by 'wombling' for Asda receipts others have thrown away.

Stuart Smith, from Tamworth in Staffordshire, spends 30 minutes each week scouring his nearby Asda car park for such litter.

He picks the discarded receipts up to get money off HIS shopping by converting them into vouchers via the 'Asda price guarantee'. Here, you can get money back on your next shop if comparable items from the original purchase on the receipt are not at least 10% cheaper than at Tesco, Sainsbury's, Morrisons or Waitrose. He aims to donate much of his hard-won hauls to a foodbank and homelessness charities.

Stuart used this technique to slash his outlay last week on two successful supermarket trips, getting £41 of food and drink for just 67p - including quiches, chicken, sausages, tomato puree, canned drinks, flowers, flour, cheese and 12 pints of milk. While most of the savings were via 'wombling' he also found a number of reduced items with yellow stickers.

thanks dave, but hes a bloody amature, not a mention of producing an apg :p
  • zippydooda
    zippydooda Posts: 16,121 Forumite
    First Anniversary Photogenic First Post
    your quiet bubbs
  • Picasso7
    Picasso7 Posts: 4,038 Forumite
    Night all.
  • bubbs
    bubbs Posts: 66,908 Forumite
    Name Dropper Photogenic First Post First Anniversary
    zippydooda wrote: »
    your quiet bubbs

Always am :p
    I am just going bed , never been so knackered as i am here:rotfl::rotfl:
    Sealed pot challenge number 003 £350 for 2015, 2016 £400 Actual£345, £400 for 2017 Actual £500:T:T £770 for 2018 £1295 for 2019:j:j spc number 22 £1,457Stopped Smoking 22/01/15:D:D::dance::dance:- 5 st 1 1/2lb :dance::dance:
  • rhosynbach
    rhosynbach Posts: 7,664 Forumite
    bubbs wrote: »
    Always am :p
    I am just going bed , never been so knackered as i am here:rotfl::rotfl:

Bubbs you can stay here next year, I will have the paint, brushes etc ready for your oh. :rotfl:
  • Anon
    Anon Posts: 14,545 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post
    Tax returns complete and submitted :cool:.

I was more organised this year and had most info entered already for Mrs Anon and I - but wanted to double check everything before submitting.

And relax ... a few days before the deadline :A.

Anon
  • shirley999
    shirley999 Posts: 1,937 Forumite
    Clicking on the link to the MSE newsletter. That person's receipt shows they have used 14 APGs in the one shop so that is a month and a half's worth of legitimate claims. Does he only spend £40 on shopping once every 6 weeks.
  • TrulyMadly
    TrulyMadly Posts: 39,754 Forumite
    Cashback Cashier
    zippydooda wrote: »
    well with aau's absence the morecambe and wise duo is out the window

Ooooh

Is that an offer:smileyhea:smileyhea

:D:rotfl:
    To do is to be. Rousseau
    To be is to do. Sartre
    Do be do be do. Sinatra
  • davemorton
    davemorton Posts: 29,066 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary Car Insurance Carver!
    Chrisv wrote: »
    I use a lot of this zippy - exactly the same as Lyles (Partially Inverted Refiners Syrup)
    That reminds me - no problems using apgs in B/don DM.
    Hmm, must have just been that self service machine.

I thought you wanted to keep your Partially Inverted Refiners Syrup fetish secret? :eek:

portrait_in_treacle_by_trouso-d8d9tbw.jpg
    “Quis custodiet ipsos custodes?”
    Juvenal, The Sixteen Satires
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.6K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.1K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 607.8K Mortgages, Homes & Bills