Ryanair sits hen party in FIFTEEN separate rows as outrage over seating policy grows

Comments

• unforeseen
    unforeseen Posts: 7,280 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post
    As my only other options are BA or easyJet from Gatwick then Ryanair from Stansted is the best option.
  • jpsartre
    jpsartre Posts: 4,085 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post
    esuhl wrote: »
    What?! Of course going to a restaurant is a means to an end! The end being that you are no longer hungry!

If that was the endpoint you could eat at home or pick up a sandwich from your local supermarket. Going to a restaurant is a social event for most people, the fact that you're together is part of WHY you're going. That doesn't apply to air travel for most people, they are on a plane for no other purpose than reaching their destination.
    It's laughable that anyone is willing to be treated like this. There's one born every minute, I guess

No argument there, all the people whining about being split up should vote with their wallet and fly another airline if they think it's such a terrible policy.
    What if staff were employed on trains to ensure that boarding passengers are forcibly split up until they pay £3 extra to sit together? You'd be happy with that too?!

I think you're misunderstanding the point people are making (at least you're misunderstanding my point). I'm not happy about the current Ryanair policy in the slightest. It doesn't affect me personally since I pay for seating anyway but I think it's a poor policy and not one I would implement if I ran an airline. But Ryanair can make whatever rules they want and the people who are not happy with it can fly another airline. Nobody's forced to fly with Ryanair.
  • jpsartre
    eDicky wrote: »
    The main point here is that Ryanair is the first airline to deliberately allocate seats that are far apart to passengers who check in together, in an attempt to force them to pay extra for adjacent seats.

Nope, Jet2 has been doing it for years.
  • shaun_from_Africa
    shaun_from_Africa Posts: 12,858 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary
    If Ryanair are such an evil/conspiring/money grabbing company that are treating their customers like mugs, why did they make post tax profits in excess of £1 billion last year?

The only reason that I can think of is that despite some of their businesses practices, many people still consider that the service they provide is well worth it for the money paid.
  • Just beat them at their own game. Book the seats and pay for them. When you return home, email and say there was choas in the cabin and you gave up your seats for 2 or 3 passengers and volunteered to move. They refund the seat charges.
  • unforeseen
    unforeseen Posts: 7,280 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post
    Of course they don't do any checks before paying out do they?

Oh, of course they do. It's in the flight report that gets filed.
  • Well I get refunded no problem twice since they started making passengers jump through hoops.
  • jpsartre
    IamBACK wrote: »
    Just beat them at their own game. Book the seats and pay for them. When you return home, email and say there was choas in the cabin and you gave up your seats for 2 or 3 passengers and volunteered to move. They refund the seat charges.

Imagine coming up with such a story just so you can beg for a refund of a few quid. So sad...
  • jpsartre wrote: »
    Imagine coming up with such a story just so you can beg for a refund of a few quid. So sad...
    It's along the same lines of an airline coming up with such a story that nothing has changed on the policy with regard to seating. It's so sad.
  • buglawton
    buglawton Posts: 9,235 Forumite
    If Ryanair are such an evil/conspiring/money grabbing company that are treating their customers like mugs, why did they make post tax profits in excess of £1 billion last year?

The only reason that I can think of is that despite some of their businesses practices, many people still consider that the service they provide is well worth it for the money paid.
    Because last years profits were based on a previous policy of sensible seat placing.
    Let's see what profits look like next year after this bad publicity sh!tstorm.
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 247.9K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure