Woohoo - 5/5 at last !

Comments

• ashp wrote: »
    Congrats! Not that this means much,

The number went up in line with adverse credit information dropping off my file. Every time a defaulted credit card was no longer listed up went the number.

The last item - a fully satisfied CCJ - is no longer listed and now my score is 5/5.

So, it means a lot to me - it is an indication of my success at getting rid of a small fortune of debt.

Regards,

Sue
  • sheff6107 wrote: »
    I'm on 1/5.

Perfect repayment history on credit cards, no CCjs, everything up to date.

Might be because I have £7k on credit cards, but it was 4/5 when I was on 4k.

It's all utterly meaningless!

Strange - but in my case it followed my dealing with the debt I had. I was at a 2 a few years ago. Now a 5 as the last CCJ dropped off the file.

It encouraged me - I wanted to boast a little and to encourage others who were in my position.

To be honest, with all the "its meaningless" replies I've had, I wish I hadn't bothered.

Regards,

Sue
  • MABLE
    MABLE Posts: 4,080 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post
    Strange - but in my case it followed my dealing with the debt I had. I was at a 2 a few years ago. Now a 5 as the last CCJ dropped off the file.

It encouraged me - I wanted to boast a little and to encourage others who were in my position.

To be honest, with all the "its meaningless" replies I've had, I wish I hadn't bothered.

Regards,

Sue

Don't take IT to heart. Some posters are probably envious.
  • nic_c
    nic_c Posts: 2,928 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary
    The number went up in line with adverse credit information dropping off my file. Every time a defaulted credit card was no longer listed up went the number.

The last item - a fully satisfied CCJ - is no longer listed and now my score is 5/5.

So, it means a lot to me - it is an indication of my success at getting rid of a small fortune of debt.

Regards,

Sue
    Congratulations, I can understand how this can be your own small reward and why you want to shout about it. Just remember if it goes down in future when you are maintaining a good credit behaviour going forward remember its a meaningless number.
  • meer53
    meer53 Posts: 10,217 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    I've never felt the need to check my credit file. I don't get it.
  • MrsTinks
    MrsTinks Posts: 15,241 Forumite
    First Post Combo Breaker Name Dropper First Anniversary
    meer53 wrote: »
    I've never felt the need to check my credit file. I don't get it.

I guess that will come down to if you have no issue with the thought of someone potentially committing credit fraud using your details, or that you don't want any credit products ever including a mortgage.

Knowing that information is correct on your files is a little bit important - unlike the score which is not.

Also a good early warning if someone has naughtily applied a debt to YOU that isn't yours (similar name) and it's heading for a CCJ. If you don't catch those then you risk having a lot of hassle and paying fees to have something set aside (you would probably have the fees refunded eventually but you'd still need to pay them initially) - knowing what is on your file is considered fairly prudent.
    DFW Nerd #025
    DFW no more! Officially debt free 2017 - now joining the MFW's! :)

My DFW Diary - blah- mildly funny stuff about my journey
  • sourcrates
    sourcrates Posts: 28,876 Ambassador
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post Photogenic
    I have lived At the same address for 10 years, never missed a utility payment, been on the electoral role, my IVA ended in 2013, and all trace has left my file.

Always been a 1/5 on Noddle.
    I’m a Forum Ambassador and I support the Forum Team on the Debt free wannabe, Credit file and ratings, and Bankruptcy and living with it boards. If you need any help on these boards, do let me know. Please note that Ambassadors are not moderators. Any posts you spot in breach of the Forum Rules should be reported via the report button, or by emailing forumteam@moneysavingexpert.com. All views are my own and not the official line of MoneySavingExpert.For free non-judgemental debt advice, contact either Stepchange, National Debtline, or CitizensAdviceBureaux.Link to SOA Calculator- https://www.stoozing.com/soa.php The "provit letter" is here-https://forums.moneysavingexpert.com/discussion/2607247/letter-when-you-know-nothing-about-about-the-debt-aka-prove-it-letter
  • nic_c
    nic_c Posts: 2,928 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary
    sourcrates wrote: »
    I have lived At the same address for 10 years, never missed a utility payment, been on the electoral role, my IVA ended in 2013, and all trace has left my file.

Always been a 1/5 on Noddle.
    Well, I've never had a CCJ, never had a default, never needed an IVA or anything, never even missed payment on any credit I have had.
    Oh and never had 5/5 on Noddle.

I'm 3/5, yet been offered 25 month 0% by an existing card and a credit limit increase on another. I've had platinum/gold cashback cards and an amex cards in the past, closed most down now though kept one that was opened over 10 years ago that I use with Android pay.

Mind you I now look at the change in a score rather than the score, since a change means something on my file has changed.
  • meer53
    meer53 Posts: 10,217 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    MrsTinks wrote: »
    I guess that will come down to if you have no issue with the thought of someone potentially committing credit fraud using your details, or that you don't want any credit products ever including a mortgage.

Knowing that information is correct on your files is a little bit important - unlike the score which is not.

Also a good early warning if someone has naughtily applied a debt to YOU that isn't yours (similar name) and it's heading for a CCJ. If you don't catch those then you risk having a lot of hassle and paying fees to have something set aside (you would probably have the fees refunded eventually but you'd still need to pay them initially) - knowing what is on your file is considered fairly prudent.

I've had credit card fraud on my account, i've also had fraud on my current account, you don't need to check a credit file to find that out. I've never had a problem getting credit, i have a mortgage, 2 current accounts, store cards, a car on PCP and more than one credit card.

As long as you're vigilant, check your statements and bank accounts regularly and don't live beyond your means, i can't really see the need to be checking credit files ?

I've worked for a bank for the last 27 years. The majority of that time was in the Fraud department.
  • Candyapple
    Candyapple Posts: 3,384 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker Intrepid Forum Explorer
    edited 1 June 2017 at 11:21AM
    So from this thread we have gleaned (out of the max score of 710):

627 - 710 = 5
    684 = 5/5
    636 = 5/5
    635 = 5/5
    632 = 5/5
    628 = 5/5

609 - 626 = 4
    626 = 4/5
    625 = 4/5
    620 = 4/5
    612 = 4/5
    610 = 4/5

565 - 608 = 3
    608 = 3/5
    597 = 3/5
    596 = 3/5
    588 = 3/5
    589 = 3/5
    587 = 3/5
    584 = 3/5
    580 = 3/5
    572 = 3/5
    565 = 3/5

551 - 565 = 2
    559 = 2/5
    554 = 2/5

0 - 550 = 1
    550 = 1/5
    541 = 1/5
    486 = 1/5

Anyone else have anymore? It's interesting to see the rough guideline of how many points needed before you go up a band (even if it is meaningless :rotfl:)
    I'm a Board Guide on the Credit Cards, Loans, Credit Files & Ratings boards. I'm a volunteer to help the boards run smoothly, and I can move and merge threads there. Any views are mine and not the official line of moneysavingexpert.com
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 247.9K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure