PLEASE READ BEFORE POSTING

Hello Forumites! However well-intentioned, for the safety of other users we ask that you refrain from seeking or offering medical advice. This includes recommendations for medicines, procedures or over-the-counter remedies. Posts or threads found to be in breach of this rule will be removed.

2017 - No Clutter To Be Seen

Options

Comments

• eandjsmum
    Options
    Sorted on the carport. Tidied some stuff found 20 batteries for recycling, binned broken mop bucket and a load of plastic for recycling. Cleaned and cleared kitchen window sill and fridge. pulled out bedside cabinet, hovered cobwebs behind . Also pulled out half finished cross stitch, sorted it thrown out cardboard and plastic bags. Now left with cross stitch itself , chart, threads and scissors. I will complete the cross stitch.
  • oldtractor
    oldtractor Posts: 2,262 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post Combo Breaker Mortgage-free Glee!
    edited 16 February 2017 at 1:00PM
    Options
    this week got rid of caravan, curtains, cushion,s net curtains, cups ,plates, shoes, coat hangers, pillow cases , pj's, storage boxes and a trailer. feels good
  • oldtractor
    oldtractor Posts: 2,262 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post Combo Breaker Mortgage-free Glee!
    Options
    9 sacks of things taken to the charity shop, a sign on the door read "Sorry we cannot take any more donations at the moment" panic ! stopped panicking and took it all to a local animal charity instead the girl there said they'd had loads of stuff this week but took all mine anyway. phew. everyone must be having a good clear out.
  • gemmajenkins0208
    Options
    oldtractor wrote: »
    9 sacks of things taken to the charity shop, a sign on the door read "Sorry we cannot take any more donations at the moment" panic ! stopped panicking and took it all to a local animal charity instead the girl there said they'd had loads of stuff this week but took all mine anyway. phew. everyone must be having a good clear out.

You just made my heart stop there for a moment oldtractor! :rotfl:

We have at least 4 large shopping bags of stuff to take to a charity shop tomorrow morning.

Luckily once you go into the town centre here where i live there are about 4 or 5 charity shops within the immediate vicinity, so if one isn't taking donations right now, I'm sure the other 4 will :D
  • purplevamp
    purplevamp Posts: 10,327 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post Photogenic
    edited 17 February 2017 at 2:56AM
    Options
    purplevamp wrote: »
    It's been a long time since I last posted. I've been really slack :o

37) Scraps of card
    38) Old Xmas card
    39) Hairband that has lost its elasticity
    40) Vouchers exp June 2011!!!
    41) Appointment card from 2011
    42) Ticket stubs
    42) Receipts
    43) Dried up felt tip pen with no lid
    44) Leaflets
    45) Out of date bus timetable mag
    46) Lots and lots of name & addresses torn from envelopes ~ shredded
    47) Black-ish bananas (banana cake x 2 :p)

I have been keeping on top of the post as it comes in each day, which I have found useful.

Only 1,970 more things to go :rotfl:

I've had the whole week off work, back next Weds, I've done hardly any sorting out/clearing up but I have had a really busy week: Musical in London, day trip to Marwell and DS1 birthday lunch. In that time I have got rid of:-

48) Hair root touch-up hairspray sample (I will probably buy it again)
    49-50) ebay sales
    51-52) Amazon sales
    53) Broken and crumbling sock hanger/direr/airer (whatever it's called :rotfl:)

My tumble dryer has also decided to break on me, so a new one is coming on Saturday. That is the 3rd appliance that has broken down since the end of October. :mad: Anyway, there's a lot of crap around it and on top of it so will hopefully find lots of things to get rid of.

One of the ebay items I thought was in a pile of things to sell wasn't. I spent the next hour searching my bedroom, eventually found it next to the computer... Then one of the Amazon sales was a book that also took me nearly an hour to find. I have a system for my Amazon sales but it only works when I know where everything is. I've still got 50 things that are MIA.
    Mortgage: Was: £154,495 Oct 2039
    Now: £92,275.21 Jul 2037
    Swagbucks ~ £100 (2023 ~ £355)
    Surveys ~ £79.56 (2023 ~ £344.20)
    Make £2024 in 2024 #35 ~ £246.61 ~ (2023 ~ £2,224.70)
  • Saver-upper
    Saver-upper Posts: 2,336 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post
    Options
    Had a busy day out with the family today,but am pleased with the little bit of paper decluttering I got done tonight.Some papers put out for recycling,others set aside for filing ( now there is a nightmare job coming my way-sorting out my filing cabinet for the first time in a few years :eek:).Found a few things to donate when I next go to charity shop-will list then.
    But I do think tonight's paper clearout is worth a count,so:

274:papers decluttered
    SPC #36 :staradminx 8.SPC7=£751.10 SPC8=£651.04 SPC9=£843.00 SPC10=£872.76
    Pinecone £301,Valued Opinions £10.50

• Ginmonster
    Options
    Me: What's this lead for?
    Hubby : It's the US lead for the slow-cooker
    Me: Bin!
    Hubby : Well, I was thinking we should keep it...
    Me: Are we moving to the US any time soon? BIN!

62 Useless lead for slow cooker :-)
  • Fruittea
    Options
    Ginmonster wrote: »
    Me: What's this lead for?
    Hubby : It's the US lead for the slow-cooker
    Me: Bin!
    Hubby : Well, I was thinking we should keep it...
    Me: Are we moving to the US any time soon? BIN!

62 Useless lead for slow cooker :-)

Oh dear Ginmaster - you got a good one there! Made me laugh though.
    Well I'm just about to embark on a three room re-carpeting. Two bedrooms and a double lounge. So by Tuesday I need to have completely cleared one of the bedrooms and removed the old carpet. Wish me luck! I do not want to put everything back for I should be in for some serious decluttering over the weekend and then I'll be on a rolling programme to clear the other rooms.
    I need to take a lie down!
  • Saver-upper
    Saver-upper Posts: 2,336 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post
    Options
    Took a bag of stuff to charity shop this morning:

275:doll's bath
    276:doll's potty
    277:kid's jeans
    278-279:kid's jumpers
    280:spinning top toy thingy
    281:maze toy
    282:tiny playing cards
    283-284:kids t-shirt
    285:winnie the pooh card game

When I was at the shop,it was nice to see alot of the books I had donated last week,on the shelves.Sometimmes I do worry that shops just ditch the stuff that gets donated,so nice to see it being used.

Need to go to work for a couple of hours now,but hopefully get more decluttering done tonight,and definitely over the weekend.
    SPC #36 :staradminx 8.SPC7=£751.10 SPC8=£651.04 SPC9=£843.00 SPC10=£872.76
    Pinecone £301,Valued Opinions £10.50

• Fruittea
    Fruittea Posts: 956 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post
    Options
    Took a bag of stuff to charity shop this morning:

When I was at the shop,it was nice to see alot of the books I had donated last week,on the shelves.Sometimmes I do worry

that shops just ditch the stuff that gets donated,so nice to see it being used.

Need to go to work for a couple of hours now,but hopefully get more decluttering done tonight,and definitely over the weekend.

I know what you mean Saver-Upper. I got a bit of a thrill when I saw a model in the shop window wearing one of my dresses. It was a classic black velvet cocktail dress. I loved wearing it the few times I did and I kept it in tissue paper - sadly I'm three sizes bigger now. But it was a lovely thought that someone would get a real bargain.
    Here's my update:

417 – Candle holder CS
    418 – Top CS
    419 – Vintage shoes – Ebay
    422 – 3 books Ebay
    425 – 3 make-up items CS
    427 – 2 LPs
    429 – 2 Trousers CS
    431 – 2 Tops CS
    432 – Puzzle CS
    435 – 3 old medicines
    436 – Old gilet – bin