I WILL get there!!

Comments

• :T:T :T to mortgage offer :D
    Mortgage restart June 2018 £119950Re mortgage August 19 £110470, … Mortgage November 22 £85600 final 0% CC 3300Home renovations - £65000, mid 2018 - mid 2022
  • kirtsypoos
    kirtsypoos Posts: 3,824 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post Combo Breaker Cashback Cashier
    Thanks all! So exciting :D

We went to visit the new house yesterday (hard hats at the ready!) which is coming along brilliantly. Bathrooms are all tiled, ceramic tiles are almost finished on the ground floor and the house has had it's main coat of paint (we opted for white as I absolutely HATE magnolia :o)
    Garden wall is complete and just waiting for gate to go in and the garage door is on :D
    Did belt myself in the forehead with a rather large tape measure which has left a delightful bruise, OH says I'm the clumsiest person he has ever met.

Our buyer came to visit again on Friday and all seems well in that regard so I'm cautiously optimistic :o although when she left we did find a rock in the middle of the bathroom floor. OH convinced it's some kind of voodoo :rotfl:
    :j PAID VERY, Barclaycard x3, Vanquis, Natwest, O/D, Tesco & MBNA x2 PAID :j LBM 24/07/15 - Original Debt: £0/31010.23 (100% paid) :eek:
    Mortgage - £151.316.54 :eek:
  • Sorry couldn't help but laugh at you bumping your head with a tape measure. What happened to the hard hat lol.

How the heck did a rock get in your bathroom? Do you think she left it there lol.

Tink xx
    As of 31st December 2018 Total Debt = £15837.59
    DEBT 1 - £41.10 DEBT 2 - £257.41 DEBT 3 - £584.12 DEBT 4 - £700.00
    DEBT 5 - £655.02 DEBT 6 - £669.18 DEBT 7 - £3448.00 DEBT 8 - £2169.12
    DEBT 9 - £2964.25 DEBT 10 - £4349.39
  • kirtsypoos
    The worst bit is it was when I was putting the hard hat on :o I had the tape measure in the same hand, went to put the hat on and the tape measure got there first :rotfl:

I knew it was going too well. Our buyer got in touch via estate agent earlier and wants us to pay for her to have a damp and timber survey...pfft!! Surveys are for buyers to pay for, not sellers! Annoying thing is she could have organised this weeks ago and it is really going to delay the sale. I feel really disheartened as any delay jeopardises our new house :(
    :j PAID VERY, Barclaycard x3, Vanquis, Natwest, O/D, Tesco & MBNA x2 PAID :j LBM 24/07/15 - Original Debt: £0/31010.23 (100% paid) :eek:
  • kirtsypoos
    I could cry.

It was all going so well, next thing the buyer decides she wants damp and timber survey done. I say fine, not a problem, I will provide access ASAP.
    She comes back wanting us to pay for it.
    I say no, it is her responsibility.
    She says she doesn't want to pay for a survey so is reducing her offer on the house :mad:
    I say not accepting reduced offer based on someone not wanting to pay for a survey.
    She says ok but survey can't be done until 9th December. I make 1 phonecall to damp surveyor who can do next Tuesday but is 'more than she wants to pay' :mad:

Which misses our exchange deadline for new house by 2 weeks, without factoring in time for report to be produced, meaning we cannot complete on the day we are due to :mad: builder won't be happy, they are insisting on completion before xmas (because of their financial year end) so I don't know what any of this means right now because site office is currently closed :(

I understand it because we were worried about damp ourselves previously and had a surveyor out who basically told me to stop drying clothes inside :o but to say she can't get anyone out before then?!
    Plus she already got the house 5K below asking (quite a lot given the value of the house) and I feel like she's taking the michael. ARGH!
  • How annoying :mad: some people are such *insert your own bad word here*

Hope it all works out for you and that karma gives the buyer what she deserves.
    Rainy day fund — 210/1000 Emergency fund — 1019/1500
    Loan — 424/19,224 = 2.2% Fun fund: 1/100 Credit card balance — 0
  • kirtsypoos
    Thanks ABA

Latest update is she has got a company in to do a survey but they are a company who install damp proof courses so of course they are going to recommend a new DPC :mad:

I have booked 2 other free surveys to be done so we can look at best of 3 and at least (hopefully) see if anyone is just putting costs on for nothing! Hopefully should know more by the end of next week. We better anyway, we need to exchange!

I have to keep reminding myself that although we want the new house, I know what we can do. She has got the house at a good price and I'm not going to knock money off purely because the buyer doesn't want to pay what she offered. We turned down 7 viewings after we accepted her offer so we shall see how it goes, I'm not completely against going back on the market. There will be other houses to buy if we miss out on this one.
  • I'm sure that your builders will be able to help out if your buyer is being awkward. They still need to sell the house whether or not you buy it - and they won't get anyone else quicker than you. It's so stressful - we only remortgaged and that was bad enough.
    Everything crossed for you - don't let the buyer dictate - especially if you're willing to call her bluff. :)
  • kirtsypoos
    Thanks CCL, even my eyes are crossed at this point :rotfl:

Slightly more stressed as had a phone call today to say house being passed off next week as ready so would we be interested in completing before end of november :eek: I would be excited if everything else was in place!
  • Kitten868
    Kitten868 Posts: 1,785 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post
    Oh Kirsty what a total pain in the bum. When the sale goes through leave her a nasty surprise. You've made that house gorgeous. I would maybe call her bluff. Sorry lovely. Always one step forward and two back. Soon we will be trading new home tips :) it'll work out. Xxx
    Loan 1 £5200/£8000
    Loan 2 £300/£5800
    Total £5500/£13800
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608K Mortgages, Homes & Bills