Rotating Supermarkets and Discounts

UKSBD
UKSBD Posts: 797 Forumite
Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary
Anyone have any experience of rotating supermarkets and for how long they offer coupons to entice you back?

I tend to use a local Co-Op most the time, of which I am a member and get 5% discount on own brands.

I recently started going to Sainsbury's (joined nectar).

After a few weeks of not using Co-Op I received some coupons and special offers in post.

Stopped using Sainsburys for a couple of months and have now received a book of, £9 off when spending £60 for 6 weeks, coupons.

This has got be thinking, is it worth rotating 3 or 4 supermarkets throughout the year and waiting until being enticed back with coupons

Or is it a one off Sainsburys sending me these?

Comments

• Kantankrus_Mare
    Kantankrus_Mare Posts: 6,104 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post
    We usually shop at Lidl and any of the other big supermarkets for bits we cant get from there.

Last year, Sainsburys were constantly sending us decent MOC's which we made full use of. ;)

Not had any this year.

Had a bunch from Tesco which is my least favourite place to shop but you cant not use them can you?
    Make £10 a Day Feb .....£75.... March... £65......April...£90.....May £20.....June £35.......July £60
  • artyclarty
    artyclarty Posts: 216 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post
    I haven't had coupons from either Sainsbobs or Tesco in years! Feel like I'm being left out now...
  • UKSBD
    artyclarty wrote: »
    I haven't had coupons from either Sainsbobs or Tesco in years! Feel like I'm being left out now...

Maybe if you shop at Sainsburys for a few weeks (using your Nectar card) and then stop again, they might send you some.

I got £54 pound worth (£9 for 6 weeks)
  • p00hsticks
    p00hsticks Posts: 12,818 Forumite
    First Post Name Dropper Photogenic First Anniversary
    We've had some Sainsbury's ones recently - we only tend to go there when we do get coupons, as they're so much more expensive than LIDL for most things anyhow.

Never had anything from Co-op other than the occasional 'till spit' couplon (usually £1.50 off if you spend £15) .
  • UKSBD
    Made a big mistake this weekend :-(

Rather than doing my shop Online I went and did a shop in store.

Knowing I had to spend over £60 to make the coupon valid I started loading up my trolley with biscuits, treats, a few things from the Deli, etc.

Got to the till and rather than having spent my usual £60 or £70 I spent over £110 :(

I did get a save £15 when spending £50 voucher but I'm going to be really strict with this one, stock up on washing powder, dishwasher tablets, soap, toothpaste, tinned food, etc. and only spend £51
  • Money_maker
    Money_maker Posts: 5,471 Forumite
    Combo Breaker First Post First Anniversary
    That's why I usually ignore the vouchers that Tesco send me. They started with money off a £60 shop and have dropped to money off a £40 shop. Problem is that I rarely spend over £20 each visit and wont spend another £20 to save £6 or whatever. That's not MSE.
    Please do not quote spam as this enables it to 'live on' once the spam post is removed. ;)

If you quote me, don't forget the capital 'M'

Declutterers of the world - unite! :rotfl::rotfl:
  • System
    System Posts: 178,093 Community Admin
    Photogenic Name Dropper First Post
    There is someone down my road that does online groceries and the supermarket changes every few weeks as they must have got some coupons from Sainsburys and they were the recent supermarket delivery.
  • System
    That's why I usually ignore the vouchers that Tesco send me. They started with money off a £60 shop and have dropped to money off a £40 shop. Problem is that I rarely spend over £20 each visit and wont spend another £20 to save £6 or whatever. That's not MSE.

I haven't shopped at Tesco since November when my coupons were £9 off £60 - you can use them for clothing and alcohol - if you go through scan n go or self scan, They last sent me some £80 vouchers, How do they think from not shopping there for 4 months make me want to spend £20 more/.
  • System
    I haven't shopped at Tesco since November when my coupons were £9 off £60 - you can use them for clothing and alcohol - if you go through scan n go or self scan, They last sent me some £80 vouchers, How do they think from not shopping there for 4 months make me want to spend £20 more/.

Got some coupons through the post today from Mr T and they are 3x £8 off £40. That's more like it and I will keep close to the £40 as use the scan and go handsets. As you can redeem the vouchers on alcohol and clothing if you use this. Even though T&Cs say exclusions include alcohol and clothing.
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 247.9K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure