IMPORTANT: Please make sure your posts do not contain any personally identifiable information (both your own and that of others). When uploading images, please take care that you have redacted all personal information including QR codes, number plates and reference numbers.

PCN Manchester Urban Exchange

beccih1892
beccih1892 Posts: 51 Forumite
edited 7 December 2017 at 6:34PM in Parking tickets, fines & parking
Hi everyone,

I have received a Charge Notice from Highview Parking as the registered keeper of my vehicle which was parked for 1 hour and 11 minutes at Urban Exchange, Manchester. This is a small retail and leisure development which used to offer 3 hours free parking, the driver saw the signs and noted it says 2 hours free parking instead of 3 (there was no other clear signage of these newer changes). Now just discovered this has AGAIN changed to 1 hour free parking and then you have to get a parking ticket or voucher from one of the shops after that? My mum and I purchased some items from Aldi but was not made aware of having to have a voucher upon checkout.

I am shocked at the attempt to get £95 or £55 if paid within 14 days for the sake of 11 minutes over the FREE hour??? Anyway, before research being carried out on the threads on here an appeal has already been made via the web link provided in the letter. Just wondering if this would still be able to be taken further? No response as of yet as the appeal was only sent a couple of hours ago.

Any advice would be appreciated, as stated I have looked through other posts but most other people had been through the numerous threads on here first (clever!).

TIA

Comments

• Umkomaas
    Umkomaas Posts: 41,336 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post Photogenic
    Anyway, before doing my research on the threads on here I had already appealed via the web link provided in the letter.
    What exactly did you say in the appeal?
    Please note, we are not a legal advice forum. I personally don't get involved in critiquing court case Defences/Witness Statements, so unable to help on that front. Please don't ask. .

I provide only my personal opinion, it is not a legal opinion, it is simply a personal one. I am not a lawyer.

Give a man a fish, and you feed him for a day; show him how to catch fish, and you feed him for a lifetime.

Private Parking Firms - Killing the High Street
  • KeithP
    KeithP Posts: 37,569 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary
    Your best bet is to complain to Aldi.
    Take the receipt for your purchases and point out that it's highly unlikely that you'll shop there again as parking is to expensive.

Have you already told the PPC who the driver is?

Who is the PPC?
  • Quentin
    Quentin Posts: 40,405 Forumite
    Throughout here you are advised never to reveal who was driving

You need to edit your op to remove details of who was driving

The ppcs monitor this forum and can use your posts against you
  • Quentin wrote: »
    Throughout here you are advised never to reveal who was driving

You need to edit your op to remove details of who was driving

The ppcs monitor this forum and can use your posts against you

Thank you for the tip, have edited!
  • KeithP
    More editing to post #1 needed.

The driver saw the signs...

TWICE!!

;)
  • KeithP wrote: »
    Your best bet is to complain to Aldi.
    Take the receipt for your purchases and point out that it's highly unlikely that you'll shop there again as parking is to expensive.

Have you already told the PPC who the driver is?

Who is the PPC?

It was last month and it was paid for by cash, don't have the receipt unfortunately. Yes they have already been informed of the driver from the appeal response so I think the situation has already been tarnished! As in who is the company who issued it? If so it's Highview Parking
  • KeithP wrote: »
    More editing to post #1 needed.

The driver saw the signs...

TWICE!!

;)

Oh dear and I thought I was doing well :rotfl: is that better?
  • KeithP
    Yes, much better.

As Quentin said, it's is to protect you - the keeper. ;)

Highview should be easy at PoPLA.
  • Quentin
    Quentin Posts: 40,405 Forumite
    beccih1892 wrote: »
    Oh dear and I thought I was doing well :rotfl: is that better?

Unfortunately it's all to no point.

(You say you named the driver when you appealed)
  • Quentin wrote: »
    Unfortunately it's all to no point.

(You say you named the driver when you appealed)

This is what I was thinking, appreciate the advice either way, the driver might have to bite the bullet and just pay this one by the looks of it!
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.1K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.2K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 607.9K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173K Life & Family
  • 247.8K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure