Add your feedback on energy supplier Powershop

Comments

• fewkeste wrote: »
    I'm an electricity customer only - are you?

Yes, electricity only.
  • mjtko
    mjtko Posts: 15 Forumite
    First Anniversary
    I don't see it either -- the only 37.2% discount pack I see is my previously-purchased Winter Jumbo Pack (£12.71 for £20.25).

There was a new "Razor Special Pack" that appeared yesterday with a 17.4% discount (mine was priced at £5.20 for £6.30).
  • fewkeste
    fewkeste Posts: 534 Forumite
    First Post Name Dropper First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    mjtko wrote: »
    I don't see it either -- the only 37.2% discount pack I see is my previously-purchased Winter Jumbo Pack (£12.71 for £20.25).

There was a new "Razor Special Pack" that appeared yesterday with a 17.4% discount (mine was priced at £5.20 for £6.30).

That's what I was referring to - the Razor Special Pack. Mine was £12.14 worth of power for £7.70 - and the pack says it's a 36.4% discount. I wonder why yours was a different % discount? - I thought they all had the same % discount but for different amounts based on your annual consumption. I'm 8000 kWh per year.
  • mjtko
    First Anniversary
    Yes, I also thought they all had the same % discount. But perhaps not!

To add to the data points, my usage is ~3600 kWh per year.
  • griffb
    griffb Posts: 168 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post
    neilsedaka wrote: »
    Logging out and in again makes no difference. Neither does using a different computer. I do see a Jumbo at 37.2% discount but bought that ages ago.

Ditto. I had a fairly small "Razor Special Pack" on 27/11, only a 17.4% discount, and an even smaller "Black Friday Special" on 20/11 which did however manage 30%

As it stands I will be a day short for November, and still empty for December
  • mjtko
    First Anniversary
    Yes, I also had the small Black Friday Special @ 30% (£3.15 for £4.50).

AFAICS everybody is getting the opportunity for the specials, but the amounts vary depending on usage and, given @fewkeste's experience above, sometimes the percentage may vary too.
  • Tafrock
    Tafrock Posts: 747 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post
    Interesting news on powershops Facebook page today

I quote 'Only 26 Powershopping days until Christmas!

Surprise!!! Christmas really has come early this year! To mark the season of goodwill, we’ll be releasing 3 special packs over the next 4 weeks. Watch this space for details!'

I wonder how big those discounts will be.

Just as my credit was dipping below 200 pounds I may have to purchase again if discounts are in excess of 20%

Still very pleased with powershop. Approaching 6 months since I swopped and I've saved 98.18 off standard power so for me that's better than iresas market leading tariff (not that I'd go there anyway).
  • Tafrock wrote: »

Still very pleased with powershop. Approaching 6 months since I swopped and I've saved 98.18 off standard power so for me that's better than iresas market leading tariff (not that I'd go there anyway).

Good to know - I've saved approx £165 since roughly mid April. I need my saving to hit about £217 over the full year to match the figures I was quoted by the Which comparison website.

I wasn't aware of their presence on Facebook - thanks for that - I'll check them out.
  • I see the April Future Pack is available now and unfortunately the savings reductions continue, i.e. Feb -23.7%, March -15% and now April -12.2%. Very disappointing. I hope it's not a one way street!
  • Tafrock
    Tafrock Posts: 747 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post
    These low discounts on future powerpacks are likely to continue. I envisage the next highly discounted pack to be November 2018 going on this year's prices. October 2017 was only 14.5 per cent. This is why I maxed out on November December January February packs. That's 200 pounds worth ie over half my annual power usage. I won't buy any packs with a discount of less than 20 per cent now. Because my monthly usage is approximately 30 pounds therefore I have been over buying. Adding in extra one off special packs with over 20 per cent discount as they are released has led to me being over 200 pounds in credit so from now until November 2018 pack is released I'll just be buying the one off packs and reducing my credit. Hopefully this strategy will pay off and I'll make the envisaged savings with powershop. I am well on target to beat the market leading iresa tariffs savings.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.1K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.6K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.2K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 607.8K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173K Life & Family
  • 247.8K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure
  • 15.9K Discuss & Feedback