Poundland Bargain Thread -

Comments

• sumoqueen
    sumoqueen Posts: 1,533 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    KxMx wrote: »
    Twin packs of Fox's Golden Crunch Creams, 460g total for a quid can't be bad :)

Added: Also a large stand of magnets, with funny/ cute sayings. Looked very good quality with loads of choice.

I got a couple of packs of the biscuits (also had chocolate ones) as they are my favourite as in tesco they are 99p for one single pack not twin! I was vary going to the till in case they were one of their £2 items in the wrong place as I found out with robinsons squash the other day!
    No buying toiletries challenge - possibly for most of 2011,2012,2013,2014,2015!
    £1 in sealed pot for each UU (2011 135/500:D) 2012 have UU 130/400 (never realised I had a mini chemist under my bed!!!) :rotfl:2013 UU 156/350. 2014 UU 197/250 2015 UU 16/100

Nursing is a work of heart by angels in comfortable shoes!!! :)
  • Wizzbang
    Wizzbang Posts: 4,716 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post Rampant Recycler
    Beware that the curse of the shrinking pack sizes is hitting stores again. Popped in for some Dettol Antibacterial Spray and noticed the pack looked strangely thin and tall. Gone down from 500ml, to 440ml. I managed to find the last 500ml hiding at the back of the shelf. Won't be buying this there again, unless they prove to be shrinking in all stores.
    Minimalist
    Extra income since 01/11/12 £36,546.45

• VfM4meplse
    VfM4meplse Posts: 34,269 Forumite
    Combo Breaker First Post I've been Money Tipped!
    I had a wander around Poundland this afternoon, specifically to get flip flops for the little one. They had lots of mens (Union Jack), medium sized ladies and also for older children, including some Cinderella, Minnie Mouse and Frozen. The range of styles for toddlers was very limited, but did the job.

I was v pleased that I also found a Tangle Teezer! I knew it would end up in Poundland eventually....good things come to those that wait :D
    Value-for-money-for-me-puhleeze!

"No man is worth, crawling on the earth"- adapted from Bob Crewe and Bob Gaudio

Hope is not a strategy :D...A child is for life, not just 18 years....Don't get me started on the NHS, because you won't win...I love chaz-ing!
  • MoaningMyrtle
    MoaningMyrtle Posts: 1,968 Forumite
    Name Dropper Combo Breaker First Post First Anniversary
    VfM4meplse wrote: »
    I had a wander around Poundland this afternoon, specifically to get flip flops for the little one. They had lots of mens (Union Jack), medium sized ladies and also for older children, including some Cinderella, Minnie Mouse and Frozen. The range of styles for toddlers was very limited, but did the job.

I was v pleased that I also found a Tangle Teezer! I knew it would end up in Poundland eventually....good things come to those that wait :D

Was is an actual Tangle Teezer? Or a copy ? I will go on a mission tomorrow:D
    A minute at the till, a lifetime on the bill.

Nothing tastes as good as being slim feels.

one life, live it!
  • VfM4meplse
    Was is an actual Tangle Teezer? Or a copy ? I will go on a mission tomorrow:D
    I tell a lie.

Now that the packaging has been removed I can see it's a Tangle Attack. So not the TM'd original but has passed the tangle test and can be handled with ease by our 2 yo. In fact she even had a go on my hair, saying "gently, gently" which is exactly what I say yo he when dealing with the most convoluted knots! :D

Hope is not a strategy :D...A child is for life, not just 18 years....Don't get me started on the NHS, because you won't win...I love chaz-ing!
  • MoaningMyrtle
    MoaningMyrtle Posts: 1,968 Forumite
    Name Dropper Combo Breaker First Post First Anniversary
    Should be worth a try then. I will endeavour to buy one asap.
    A minute at the till, a lifetime on the bill.

Nothing tastes as good as being slim feels.

one life, live it!
  • LouLou
    LouLou Posts: 2,135 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary
    (Not really about Poundland, just me wibbling on about detangling brushes for wet hair) :cool:

I have seen the "Tangle Attack" in Poundland on and off over the last few years (assuming it's the one I think it is)..no experience of it though I do know some HUKDers weren't keen (apparently the bristles aren't as soft as a Tangle Teezer and its counterparts). Example thread: http://www.hotukdeals.com/deals/tangle-teezer-attack-back-1-00-poundland-1631514

I have the Wet Brush, Tangle Teezer and the Denman Tangle Tamer. Out of all of these my favourite is the Denman - it doesn't fly out of damp hands the way the TT does - it catches hair as it should and it's the one I use most. The other two I just use for travelling and it wouldn't be a heartbreak to lose them.

Tangle Teezer must have picked up on the "Handle = Good" opinions out there as they now have a handled version. Haven't tried that one.
  • VfM4meplse
    edited 29 May 2017 at 2:52AM
    LouLou wrote: »
    I have seen the "Tangle Attack" in Poundland on and off over the last few years (assuming it's the one I think it is)..no experience of it though I do know some HUKDers weren't keen (apparently the bristles aren't as soft as a Tangle Teezer and its counterparts). Example thread: http://www.hotukdeals.com/deals/tangle-teezer-attack-back-1-00-poundland-1631514
    Its here I have the advantage - nothing to compare it with! But it does seem to have advanced, in as much as I saw bright pink, blue and grey colours available : D

My hair is very wild in its natural state - even the Dyson hairdryer offers v transient results - and I usually us an Afro combo on it whilst wet as a detangler before going in with a brush. A little dab of olive / coconut oil on my palms transforms it into sleek waves rather than a frizzy shapeless mess - beats Frizz-Ease hands down! - but there is a v fine balance between getting it right and ending up with a total oil slick. :o

The tangle attack did cut tight through it, though.

• mcculloch29
    mcculloch29 Posts: 4,972 Forumite
    Rampant Recycler
    I didn't spot a Tangle Attack but I have two TT dupes I was sent to review, so would have to resist buying one.
    I spotted some cute little Calippo lip balms - orange flavour - ideal for warmer weather. The range of items available on the drinks and snacks 3 for £1 had expanded since my last visit and included Walker's Crisps with the money draw offer.
    I spotted some items that appeared to have gone missing had returned - hair dye, Bloo Maxi toilet blocks, and 550 ml bottles of Lenor.
    Not particularly good value were the sachets of Mr Muscle drain cleaner granules, probably a variation on caustic soda, which you can buy in Wilko's.
    500g of sultanas was decent value, and I got some Bobby's coffee syrup (vanilla) which is quite nice. There were some packs of Lotus coffee biscuits to go well with this.
    Some of the Jane Asher cake decorating items were 25p, bags of toffee were 50p as were Hallow'een sweet packs.

Not much in the way of books, the only one I can really recall was a biography of Conchita Wurst. More for children though - lots of Horrid Henry and some other popular titles.
    Erma Bombeck, American writer: "If I had my life to live over again... I would have burned the pink candle, sculptured like a rose, that melted in storage." Don't keep things 'for best' - that day never comes. Use them and enjoy them now.
  • KxMx
    KxMx Posts: 10,599 Forumite
    First Post Name Dropper First Anniversary Photogenic
    https://www.amazon.co.uk/NEUTRADOL-DUSTBIN-ODOUR-DESTROYER-350G/dp/B0070Z87DK

I usually get the blue Neutradol carpet powder to use in wheelie bin, since my local had above product in thought i'd try it.
    Impressed after a few days in empty wheelie bin it smells much better, albiet with a chemical blast when I open the lid! Gotta be better than the rubbish odours!
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.1K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.2K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 607.9K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173K Life & Family
  • 247.8K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure
  • 15.9K Discuss & Feedback