What advents are you missing this year?

Comments

• sleepyjones
    sleepyjones Posts: 6,087 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post Photogenic
    I would have assumed the same to be honest :)
  • Zanzib
    Zanzib Posts: 5,375 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper Photogenic First Post
    I looked at Heart the other day and didn't see an advent competition, but the stations have changed so it may not be running across them all this year.
  • I miss the instant wins!

l'occitane was a great one.
    Nectar.

I feel like there are loads missing. I guess a lot of the social media ones have moved to Insta which I don't have.
  • xoxlauraxox
    xoxlauraxox Posts: 3,795 Forumite
    I miss the instant wins!

l'occitane was a great one.
    Nectar.

I feel like there are loads missing. I guess a lot of the social media ones have moved to Insta which I don't have.

Theres so many on insta now, and so many people tag 30+ people as the more you tag the more chance of winning usually! :(
    Thanks to everyone that posts :T:money:
  • It wasn't necessarily an advent but always came out at Christmas... But the currys pcworld one I remember from the last couple of years where you can win your tech list from your basket. I think someone here won it last year if I remember rightly
  • Ashgate
    Ashgate Posts: 622 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post
    No Pets At Home advent yet, but then they seem to have stopped running the competitions in their magazine so I'm not holding out much hope. There were advents from Grazia and Zizzi last year which had some nice prizes but no sign of those either.
  • Ashgate
    Ashgate Posts: 622 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post
    Also no Bloom and Wild advent yet (but then they do seem to provide prizes for everyone else's comps!)
  • Whiskey Advent Calendar. I miss that one because it only required an email address. Without trawling through all the advents I won't be able to find the email only ones so I'm not doing any advents this year.

Also British Turkey. I won a thermometer from them a few years ago! Crackin' prize.
  • There used to be so many good advent comps with very Christmassy themes for example Random House. Haven't seen that one for years.

Last couple of years also was Scottish Friendly which was just send an email and that had some good prizes.

Stylist used to offer some good prizes at Christmas as did the male equivalent of that mag (name escapes me just now). Edit just came back to me...Shortlist.

More and more are now on Social Media so I really don't bother with these. Yesterday Warren James on FB you only need to "like" the post. Within the first hour of them posting there was already over 9,000 likes on that post.

Likewise, tag three friends or tell us who you will be spending Christmas with or what's you favourite xx, I just cannot be bothered with these as I don't want all and sundry knowing my likes/dislikes and what I am doing for Christmas. It really has gone way over the top now.
    The best things in life are free.....
  • dontone
    dontone Posts: 4,871 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary
    Likewise, tag three friends or tell us who you will be spending Christmas with or what's you favourite xx, I just cannot be bothered with these as I don't want all and sundry knowing my likes/dislikes and what I am doing for Christmas. It really has gone way over the top now.

This really annoys me. Not everybody wants their FB page spammed by a page that they don't like or want to be bothered with (I've seen one where it says to win, yourself and whoever you tag MUST have liked the page.)
    I think it's unfair to those who don't want to tag and just want to enter normally.
    It gives the advantage to these who are very 'competition cliquey' and are always tagging each other.
    Be Lucky
    BEST EVER WINS WON IN ORDER (so far) = Sony Camcorder, 32" lcd telly, micro ipod hifi, Ipod Nano, Playstation 3, Andrex Jackpup, Holiday to USA, nintendo wii, Liverpool vs Everton tickets, £250 Reward Your thirst, £500 Pepsi, p&o rotterdam trip, perfume hamper, Dr Who stamp set, steam cleaner.

comping = nowt more thrillin' than winnin':T :j
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.1K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.2K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 607.9K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173K Life & Family
  • 247.8K Travel & Transport