Comments

• Richie-from-the-Boro
    Richie-from-the-Boro Posts: 6,945 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary
    edited 19 October 2015 at 6:30PM
    Options
    [TEXT REMOVED BY FORUM TEAM]

- they do not sell storage heaters, the heater has no storage capacity
    - I've asked Fischer [in these threads] many times how much heat their heater can store - no answer ever !
    - which 2kW IPX4 fan heater did you pay £561 for ?, they all tend to be £30-40 [ish] even Dimplex
    - the top four on this ASA website should enlighten you
    Disclaimer : Everything I write on this forum is my opinion. I try to be an even-handed poster and accept that you at times may not agree with these opinions or how I choose to express them, this is not my problem. The Disabled : If years cannot be added to their lives, at least life can be added to their years - Alf Morris - ℜ
  • Richie-from-the-Boro
    Options
    One of these mounted high will beam powerful and instant direct heat to you. Instant on and instant off, no waiting, no warmyp and no waste.
    Disclaimer : Everything I write on this forum is my opinion. I try to be an even-handed poster and accept that you at times may not agree with these opinions or how I choose to express them, this is not my problem. The Disabled : If years cannot be added to their lives, at least life can be added to their years - Alf Morris - ℜ
  • tellsid
    tellsid Posts: 24 Forumite
    edited 19 October 2015 at 6:31PM
    Options
    [TEXT REMOVED BY FORUM TEAM]

Don't forget as a buyer you can leave feedback on Trustpilot. Please give them 5 stars.
  • Richie-from-the-Boro
    Options
    The Swiss are world famous for the millions of cuckoo clocks they made - they never made one - they were all made in Germany, but after the war no one would buy, so they were all sold through the Swiss brokers.
  • Richie-from-the-Boro
    Options
    I was speaking to Scottish Power today about wanting to change my meter, and as an after-thought at the end of the call, the lassie said "oh you know what, we've had a lot of customers who've been changing their old storage heaters to a new product from Fischer..."

I cut her off very quickly and told her exactly what I thought of Fischer, told her to look up this forum and read all the input from heating engineers pulling apart Fischer's claims, told her to read the ASA rulings, informed her that they're fleecing vulnerable people for shocking amounts of money and that Scottish Power have a moral responsibility to make sure their staff can educate customers on the energy (in)efficiency of these heaters.

She was pretty shocked and promised to pass it round her team and discuss with her team leader if there's anything they can do about looking into this, but if they're inadvertently pointing their customers in the direction of Fischer then that's a pretty dreadful state of affairs.

- SP acting as a promoter for Fischer Future Heat, first I've ever heard of it
    - more liable to be an 'off the cuff' remark by a phone jockey
    - thanks for letting the group know 'help_me_im_lost'
  • xinstaller
    xinstaller Posts: 43 Forumite
    Options
    Hotspot44 wrote: »
    Official MSE insert:

Fischer Future Heat has an adjudication against it for a previous promotional campaign.

Back to the original post...

Does anyone have any experience of Fischer Storage Heaters? (website is fischer-futureheat.co.uk/fischer-storage-heaters.php They claim these heaters are 40-50% cheaper to run than old night storage systems.
    Thank you for welcoming me to comment on them heaters. Please refer to ASA rulings. Says it all.
  • xinstaller
    Options
    Can anyone direct me to a German company in Germany for german heaters. I need to buy some heaters at no more than £250 each for say say 2.00 Kw. I know Uk suppliers are very expensive with all their overheads and commissions. Either pm me or post. Many thanks
  • xinstaller
    Options
    Thanks everyone for your mp. Anyone wanting to get rid of their german heaters pls get in touch. Need to take one apart to prove that there is no tungsten heating element in them. 3 Fischer heaters sold by fischer future heat 2 years ago for £3778, sold for £770.00 on ebay. I happened to ask the seller why he was selling them, this is what he says "I have asked him and he says they don't stay as hot like the old storage heaters did". Him being his father. I personally would not go by the positive reviews that appear on trustpilot especially after what the guardian news paper say about FAKE reviews.
  • Richie-from-the-Boro
    Options
    xinstaller wrote: »
    Thanks everyone for your mp. Anyone wanting to get rid of their german heaters pls get in touch. Need to take one apart to prove that there is no tungsten heating element in them. 3 Fischer heaters sold by fischer future heat 2 years ago for £3778, sold for £770.00 on ebay. I happened to ask the seller why he was selling them, this is what he says "I have asked him and he says they don't stay as hot like the old storage heaters did". Him being his father. I personally would not go by the positive reviews that appear on trustpilot especially after what the guardian news paper say about FAKE reviews.

Thanks for your input xinstaller. You are correct I would not believe trustpilot or google rankings, but I do believe the ASA.
  • xinstaller
    Options
    Always contact your own or independent electrician or central heating engineer before changing your heating system. They are several options out there which are a lot cheaper than these german heaters. Never go by what the smartly dressed person who turns up at your door has to say. I read somewhere on Which reviews that there is also electric boilers to consider, worth looking. Its worth getting several quotes before buying.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 247.9K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure
  • 15.9K Discuss & Feedback