The Sub Prime Credit Thread - Part IV

Options

Comments

• noah271007
    noah271007 Posts: 1,248 Forumite
    Options
    Well done NID for setting up this thread. Terrific idea!
  • noah271007
    noah271007 Posts: 1,248 Forumite
    Options
    I would have thought CCJ will remain a hindrance for the full 6 years as it is part of the public data. Whereas a default is not.

A single default for a small amount from a mobile phone company for example should be judged differently to one who have a CCJ. I believe there is little difference between of the two adverse entries but for people like us it is extremely unfair.

Could NID or anyone else list out the lenders that are known to search back of 3 years (and full 6 years if ANY adverse entries are recorded during the past three years). Tesco is one but any other mainstream lenders?
  • never-in-doubt
    Options
    noah271007 wrote: »
    I would have thought CCJ will remain a hindrance for the full 6 years as it is part of the public data. Whereas a default is not.

A single default for a small amount from a mobile phone company for example should be judged differently to one who have a CCJ. I believe there is little difference between of the two adverse entries but for people like us it is extremely unfair.

Could NID or anyone else list out the lenders that are known to search back of 3 years (and full 6 years if ANY adverse entries are recorded during the past three years). Tesco is one but any other mainstream lenders?

A CCJ will hinder for the full 6 years but some lenders still ignore them after 3 years, so long as everything else is ok within the last 3 years after the CCJ was applied (settled or not).

Remember a CCJ is found when the automated process searches Registry Trust (i.e. Public Data) so it will always be 'scored' but some lenders, such as Tesco, do not care after 3 years.

A list is almost impossible mate cos it varies and is dependant on so many factors - i.e one lender may ignore my defaults but not yours cos you have 3 other cards with low limits and high balances but mine are high limits and zero balances....

A CCJ is worse than a default cos of the seriousness of it (i.e. passing court).... a default could be 'mistakenly placed' - a CCJ is usually correctly placed.

Hope that makes sense mate :D
    :o 2010 - year of the troll :o

Niddy - Over & Out :wave:
  • TheEffect
    TheEffect Posts: 2,293 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    noah271007 wrote: »
    That is incorrect.

I don't think it is.

''We're not likely to accept you if:
    You've had any CCJs or defaults in the last 12 months''
  • never-in-doubt
    Options
    TheEffect wrote: »
    I don't think it is.

''We're not likely to accept you if:
    You've had any CCJs or defaults in the last 12 months''

I think what he means is that even if you have a CCJ that is 2 years old it will still decline you - i.e. they are being generous by saying 12 months...... well that's how I see it anyway :D

Cap1 are, in some respects, a sub prime lender but its rare (I accept they do, but it is rare) they give accounts to people with CCJ's/Defaults that are within 3 years.... ;)

• christhesparky_2
    Options
    I think what he means is that even if you have a CCJ that is 2 years old it will still decline you - i.e. they are being generous by saying 12 months...... well that's how I see it anyway :D

Cap1 are, in some respects, a sub prime lender but its rare (I accept they do, but it is rare) they give accounts to people with CCJ's/Defaults that are within 3 years.... ;)

i got my cap one card when my ccj was 18 months old
    Last Cigarette 24/6/09
  • never-in-doubt
    Options
    i got my cap one card when my ccj was 18 months old

Nice one :D

Point is, for example, they won't give me one and I have nothing bad other than searches - so you tell me the logic? A clean file with a few searches vs someone that has proven they cannot deal with finances by getting a ccj?

I'm not having a dig, i'm simply saying the process is flawed and decisions are made on a case-by-case basis and cannot be generalised. :D

• Mrs_Ryan
    Mrs_Ryan Posts: 11,832 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post Photogenic
    Options

I got mine with 3 defaults - one from March 07 for an old Vodafone account, one from June this year on my NatWest account and another one about the same time on my Evans card. I applied and was accepted in August this year ;)
    *The RK and FF fan club* #Family*Don’t Be Bitter- Glitter!* #LotsOfLove ‘Darling you’re my blood, you have my heartbeat’ Dad 20.02.20
  • Innocent_Guy
    Options
    Nice thread!
    Bank Accounts - Barlcays Premier[/B] - £1000 o/d, HSBC - £200 o/d- First Direct - £500
    Credit Cards - Barclaycard £2000 - Silver Card £1300 - Flybe £7500 - HSBC £1000 - First Direct £2500 First Direct Gold £3000
    6 credit accounts closed in 2010!

Official SOS Club number 001 - Dry until 01.07.10
  • seeya23
    seeya23 Posts: 2,330 Forumite
    Options
    well done on the new thread nid
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income