Santas challenge 2017

Comments

• mum2one
    mum2one Posts: 16,279 Forumite
    Xmas Saver!
    I'm disappointed as well re boots, there was people queuing at our local store, fingers crossed its Friday....I'm sure a lot of people hold out for the 70% off.

Xx
    xx rip dad... we had our ups and downs but we’re always be family xx
  • Hi All,

Hope I am not too late to join? I LOVE Christmas. It's my favourite time of year but the last couple of years I have managed to fall into Christmas burn out and become a completely unorganised mess. This leaves me frazzled and over budget so really hoping this group can keep me on track.
    Sometimes you just have to throw on a crown and remind them who they are dealing with
  • Katiehound
    Katiehound Posts: 7,552 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary Combo Breaker First Post
    Anglea wrote: »
    Katiehound, glad to hear you are on the mend. I never imagined you'd have so many clips.

No, I never imagined that many either- last time I thought 37 were quite enough. Seems they get carried away with the stapler in theatre!!
    Added to that things still aren't quite right! back on antibiotics for another (only 2nd) week.
    I am getting cabin fever with these grey grey days and still in pain. This time last knee I was swimming- no chance until (hopefully) next week.

Yesterday I managed to walk down to Wilco but clearly the best bargains had long gone, however got some little trains- engine+tender for 25pence each , had been £1, ideal for the shoe boxes.

The main thing I have done this week is to instigate power switch. I took all my EON points out and converted to Tesco. Now I read that if there is an odd number at end of contract they round up to 100 points. Ever hopeful as I haven't had the last statement. ....... switch due early next month.

Need to deal with annual travel insurance, methinks that will have shot up since I have had 2 x claims and more medical 'problems.'
    Being polite and pleasant doesn't cost anything! --
    Many thanks
    -Stash bust:in 2022:337
    Stash bust :2023. 120duvets, 24 bags, 43 dog coats, 2 scrunchies, 10 mittens, 6 bootees, 8 glass cases, 2 A6 notebooks, 59 cards, 6 lav bags,36 angels,9 bones, 1 knee blanket, 1 lined bag,3 owls, 88 pyramids = total 420 total spend £5. Total for 'Dogs for Good' £546.82

2024:23 Doggy duvets,29 pyramids, 6 hottie covers, 4 knit hats,13 crochet angels,1 shopper, 87cards=163 £86 spent!!!
  • I hope things start to get better for you soon Katiehound, there is nothing worse than cabin fever after an op, esp when things don't go as smoothly as expected.

Well I went to the Boots sale this morning to get the Sanctuary gift that my daughter wanted for me for Christmas. It is only a small shop with not a massive amount of stock based on two sides of one isle.
    About 25 people in front of me, managed to get a few extra bits I was after on one side of the isle:T but there was no way I could get near the other side. being in a wheelchair I got wedged in between people on the one side. This woman wanted to come down the isle, said that I couldn't move but if she just moved back I could get out and she could get it. She wasn't budging at first but I think once she realised that I was well and truly stuck, she moved. I was so glad to get out of there, by 9.10am I was back at the car, but the mountains of gift sets people were picking up was incredible:eek:
    Decluttering challenge 2023🏅⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️ 
    Decluttering challenge 2024 🏅⭐️
  • meg72
    meg72 Posts: 5,164 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post I've been Money Tipped!
    Had a good day today. Picked up two £15 gift sets for £2.50 each in charity shop and two big jars Yankee Candles half price at 8.99 each.
    That's 4 pressies off my list.
    Slimming World at target
  • crazy-cat-lady_2
    crazy-cat-lady_2 Posts: 435 Forumite
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker First Post
    edited 21 January 2017 at 7:55PM
    I didn't bother with the boots sale in the end. Got everything I wanted in the 50% off really. Was only going in for a mop up in the 70% and couldn't be bothered.

Bit of a mess here. United utilities called the other day to say there's an unexpected jump in water useage. 3x regular amount. I have a leak it turns out. I had to do a leak test when using NO water at all. I was losing the equivalent of a bath full an hour. No leaks or loss in the house and ground around is dry. Had to argue with them for ages to get them to send someone out to investigate. They wouldn't accept it wasn't in the house and was probably on the lead to the house, which they have to deal with. Got really worked up in the end as I want it fixed and not to pay a fortune for it all. Supposedly there's a leak allowance they can put in place so we don't have to pay for everything. But they were so unhelpful to this point, agreeing to send someone out, I bet it won't be easy getting them to waive any money.

Cheered myself up with a handbag from the cath Kidston sale. Only £20 and very nice. Plus with it being the oilcloth type material all her things are made from, it'll be babyproof and wipe clean when the little one starts on pur!ed food this month.
    Book a week challenge: 11/52. Competitions won in 2021: 12
  • CCL-I hope you've got things sorted with United Utilities

Still waiting for the Te*co Christmas socks to come down in price to 50p. My daughter wants some to give as presents and my niece has requested some as a present.
    Loads left but they are not budging on the price
  • chanie
    chanie Posts: 3,317 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post
    Still waiting for the Te*co Christmas socks to come down in price to 50p. My daughter wants some to give as presents and my niece has requested some as a present.

Have you checked the price at the till? Sometimes, they don't always mark down the prices on the items, but they scan through at the lower price. I bought some of the Xmas socks a few weeks ago, and they were reduced to 75p each and were 3 for 2.

Payday is tomorrow, so I'm going to take the opportunity to start stocking up for Xmas. Work is a bit quiet for Mr C at the moment, so I can only get a couple of bits and pieces, as we have a few birthdays too.
  • chanie
    chanie Posts: 3,317 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post
    CCL-I hope you've got things sorted with United Utilities

My local Tesco has one of those price checkers in the clothing aisle, O I thought I'd scan some of the socks to check the price. The women's socks were scanning at £1. They had some men's socks with mistletoe and the word 'mistle toes' which scanned for ..... wait for it...... drum roll......... 4p. Yes. 4p. Plus 3 for 2, so 6 pairs for 16p. The irony is that I don't have 6 men to give them to (have earmarked 3-4, so only a few spares).
  • Flipping heck Chanie that's good going on the men's socks:j
    We've only got a small store so don't have a price checker in it.
    Took the bed socks to be price checked at the till but still the same a few days ago.
    Hoping to get into the store tomorrow so will get the Christmas socks price checked:T
    When I get a chance I'm hoping to total up my Christmas and birthday savings so far and put in my signature
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family