PLEASE READ BEFORE POSTING

Hello Forumites! However well-intentioned, for the safety of other users we ask that you refrain from seeking or offering medical advice. This includes recommendations for medicines, procedures or over-the-counter remedies. Posts or threads found to be in breach of this rule will be removed.

2019 - A Clutter Free Life

Mrs_Salad_Dodger
Mrs_Salad_Dodger Posts: 4,882 Forumite
First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post I've been Money Tipped!
edited 5 July 2019 at 9:05AM in Old style MoneySaving
To use Guineapigsqueaks/Sa1sysoo words “A new thread for declutterbugs in [STRIKE]2015 2016 2017 2018 [/STRIKE] 2019!"

I made a fairly good start in 2018 but 2019 is THE YEAR that I finally get to grips with a full declutter - I would like to have NO rooms/cupboards/drawers of Doom & I would like to have a revamped bathroom & fully decorated house :D My DH is going to be very busy :rotfl:

Plenty of options available on numbering the clutter out :D

2019 in 2019 or 52 in 52 weeks even 365 in 365 days & if you are feeling really adventurous a la basketcase - you can weigh the clutter out :D:D

Whichever you choose or you may choose not to number, we would love to hear both your success stories & your ways/methods of decluttering - they may not have worked for you but they may work for someone else :D

I am hoping that everyone who posted on the 2018 thread will also post on the 2019 thread :D

:D Welcome one and all and happy decluttering! :D

MrsSD

P.S. Hope this works as it is my very first attempt at starting a Thread :D
[purplesignup][/purplesignup]
If you haven’t already, join the forum to reply.
Be Kind. Stay Safe. Break the Chain. Save Lives. 

2024 Savings Pot Challenge: As a monthly amount, running total = £116.85
Jan £5; Feb £13; Mch £25; Apr £31:65; May £42.20; Jun £??; July £??; Aug £??; Sep £??; Oct £??; Nov £??; Dec £??.  Grand Total £??

Comments

• I'm in please, thank you Mrs Salad Dodger. I'm relatively clutter-free, but one can't take one's eye off the ball!
    Guineapigsqueaks x

Keep Smiling :)
  • PipneyJane
    PipneyJane Posts: 4,055 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post I've been Money Tipped!
    Can I join? I haven’t a clue how I will do - or whether I will do anything more than think about it - but I would like to commit to 52 items in 52 weeks and 10 minutes a day to cleaning.

- Pip
    "Be the type of woman that when you get out of bed in the morning, the devil says 'Oh crap. She's up.' "

2024 Fashion on the Ration Challenge 66 coupons,
  • abbe89
    abbe89 Posts: 289 Forumite
    I'm in again this year! I stopped counting in 2018 but I reckon I got up to about 400.

I'll be aiming for 2019 in 2019 - go big or go home haha!
  • Well I am moving soon and the goal is to ditch the clutter here and as we unpack if there is more home for it
    It will be sokd gifted composted or recycled in some way

Good luck all I will join this thread properly as I start to unpack
    Emergency fund £10,000
    Several categories with savings in
    Cars, house maintenance, birthdays
    Etc I have about 10 categories

Really happy to be debt free after being a compulsive spender
  • I haven't been logged on here since the middle of November, but still decluttered away.
    I've set myself a personal challenge this year of decluttering a bag a day, be it a small bag or a black bag.
    I seem to work better doing a bag a day declutter as I always find things to put in it and it motivates me to fill one lol.
    Pay all debt off by Christmas 2024 £537/£3,500£1 a day challenge 2024 - £91/£730 Declutter a bag a week in 2024 6/52Lose 24lb - 3/24lbs Read 1 book per week - 5/52Pay off credit card debt 7/100%
  • SandraX
    SandraX Posts: 840 Forumite
    My aim is to clear out the garage but Mr X insists there is nothing to clear. He will get a shock soon when I have thrown a lot of what's in there into skip. However, been meaning to do this for a couple of years so shall see.
  • sillyvixen
    sillyvixen Posts: 3,614 Forumite
    Photogenic Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary
    Christmas has shown me i really need to declutter, Christmas eve saw me shoving stuff into boxes to,stick in the wardrobe, under the stairs and in the cupboard in the spare room .. lots of the stuff I don't need but had no outlet to get rid of so close to Christmas. So in the next few weeks I have boxes to sort!! I also have a cupboard full of mugs we don't use .. as it was pointed out to me, by a locum, the mugs at work are all chipped and cracked (not noticed as my mug is kept in my locker) so a load of mixed mugs going to work to replace the cracked mugs at work.
    Dogs return to eat their vomit, just as fools repeat their foolishness. There is no more hope for a fool than for someone who says, "i am really clever!"
  • Hello, and welcome :D

Pleased to ‘see’ old & new faces & already a variety of reasons :T We can spur each other on :D

PipneyJane, just to set you off - my favourite mantra “Leave a room tidier than when you went in” - could be something as simple as making the bed before leaving the bedroom, wiping round the sink & hanging/folding a towel before you leave the bathroom.

Very excited to see how we all do :rotfl:

MrsSD
    Be Kind. Stay Safe. Break the Chain. Save Lives. 

2024 Savings Pot Challenge: As a monthly amount, running total = £116.85
    Jan £5; Feb £13; Mch £25; Apr £31:65; May £42.20; Jun £??; July £??; Aug £??; Sep £??; Oct £??; Nov £??; Dec £??.  Grand Total £??
  • aliwali
    aliwali Posts: 407 Forumite
    I really need to do this! I like the idea of a bag a day and tidying for 10 minutes a day, so will start with that. My 8 year old DD puts me to shame, she’s so good at tidying. Must have her dad’s genes.
    Fashion on a ration 0 of 66
  • I'll try for 2019 in 2019 - works out about 40 items a week. Not sure that I'll manage it, but gives me something to aim for and there are a couple of big areas that should be able to boost the total significantly!

GQ
    2021 - mission declutter and clean - 0/2021
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.1K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.6K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.2K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 607.8K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173K Life & Family