Pure Planet reviews: add your feedback

Comments

• Am I able to control the amount I pay by DD. EG can I opt to pay more in the Summer to offset the winter costs?
  • PurePlanet wrote: »
    Hi Weesiecodal
    Great to hear you've switched!
    Welcome :j
    We do have a great community with lots of info and really friendly members - check it out https://community.purepla.net
    Hope you enjoy our competitive rates

Marc @ Pure Planet
    Hi Marc,
    I’ve just obtained a quote from your website but it makes no mention of your planned price increase which (if this thread is accurate!) will come into effect in October.

I see little value of signing up with you if I have no idea what I’m signing up for,... your new prices will be in force before I could complete a switch away from my present supplier.

Also, the tariff makes no mention of exit fees,...zero or otherwise.

Any chance you could let me know what your new October charges will be?

I’m still waiting for your email version of the tariff details btw;...how long does it usually take?

Thanks. :)
  • PurePlanet
    PurePlanet Posts: 199 Organisation Representative
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post Photogenic
    angdrumm wrote: »
    Am I able to control the amount I pay by DD. EG can I opt to pay more in the Summer to offset the winter costs?
    Hi
    Good question. Yes, our Member services team can adjust your Direct Debit payments for you.
    We also want Members to be able to adjust DDs themselves in our app - this is on our product roadmap :T
    Hope that helps!
    Marc @ Pure Planet
    Verified Company
    I am a verified representative of Pure Planet. MSE has given permission for me to post in response to queries about the company so that I can help solve issues. You can see my name on the Verified Companies list. I am not allowed to tout for business at all. If you believe I am please report it to forumteam@moneysavingexpert.com This does NOT imply any form of approval of my company or its products by MSE.
  • PurePlanet
    edited 20 September 2018 at 11:18AM
    Hi Marc,
    I’ve just obtained a quote from your website but it makes no mention of your planned price increase which (if this thread is accurate!) will come into effect in October.

I see little value of signing up with you if I have no idea what I’m signing up for,... your new prices will be in force before I could complete a switch away from my present supplier.

Also, the tariff makes no mention of exit fees,...zero or otherwise.

Any chance you could let me know what your new October charges will be?

I’m still waiting for your email version of the tariff details btw;...how long does it usually take?

Thanks. :)

Hello @ The Big Bamboo
    Nice username :)
    The quote from our website uses the rates which comes into effect from 1 Oct. As the switch takes 17 days we'll be into October by the time you come on supply.

We don't have exit fees :j

Here's a link to a community thread which shows the prices. We also have a map on our website - if you click/tap on the region you live in, you'll see the prices.

Hope that helps! Hopefully we'll soon welcome you to Pure Planet!

Marc @ Pure Planet
    Verified Company
    I am a verified representative of Pure Planet. MSE has given permission for me to post in response to queries about the company so that I can help solve issues. You can see my name on the Verified Companies list. I am not allowed to tout for business at all. If you believe I am please report it to forumteam@moneysavingexpert.com This does NOT imply any form of approval of my company or its products by MSE.
  • PurePlanet wrote: »
    Hello @ The Big Bamboo
    Nice userame :)
    The quote from our website uses the rates which comes into effect from 1 Oct. As the switch takes 17 days we'll be into October by the time you come on supply.

We don't have exit fees :j

Here's a link to a community thread which shows the prices. We also have a map on our website - if you click/tap on the region you live in, you'll see the prices.

Hope that helps! Hopefully we'll soon welcome you to Pure Planet!

Marc @ Pure Planet
    Thanks for the swift and informative reply Marc. :T
  • I'm afraid that my experience of Blue Planet has been very unsatisfactory and led me to cancel the switch. Having downloaded the app, despite numerous attempts to use the link provided by them in numerous emails (one click only use of the links) I was never able to log into my account and complete the registration process. I eventually managed to find an email address to contact them on (a Help Line I believe) but after 3 useless suggestions from them at one reply per day, I was still unable to get into the account. Since this experience, I have noticed that reviews of the app by people in the app store, many many people have experienced the same problems I encountered, which led them to go round and round in circles, never entering their accounts in the process.
    In addition, there is no clearinformation anywhere in the set up process which shows an email address or phone number to contact Blue Plant on - very inconvenient when you encounter problems. All in all, a very unsatisfactory switch attempt I'm afraid.
  • PurePlanet
    dmjheat wrote: »
    I'm afraid that my experience of Blue Planet has been very unsatisfactory and led me to cancel the switch. Having downloaded the app, despite numerous attempts to use the link provided by them in numerous emails (one click only use of the links) I was never able to log into my account and complete the registration process. I eventually managed to find an email address to contact them on (a Help Line I believe) but after 3 useless suggestions from them at one reply per day, I was still unable to get into the account. Since this experience, I have noticed that reviews of the app by people in the app store, many many people have experienced the same problems I encountered, which led them to go round and round in circles, never entering their accounts in the process.
    In addition, there is no clearinformation anywhere in the set up process which shows an email address or phone number to contact Blue Plant on - very inconvenient when you encounter problems. All in all, a very unsatisfactory switch attempt I'm afraid.

Hi dmjheat
    Sorry to hear your switch didn't go as planned.
    It sounds like there were some technical issues affecting your switch.
    For the benefit of others, to use the app, you'll need a smartphone or tablet with minimum OS version of Android 5.0 (Lollipop) or iOS 9.
    Regarding contacting the team. We are app only which means that all members can easily access their energy account at any time, and stay on top of their energy usage.
    It also helps us keep costs low, so we can offer a competitive price.
    Maybe we'll welcome you in the future? Please don't give up on renewables.

Marc @ Pure Planet
    Verified Company
  • Sokkia
    Sokkia Posts: 1 Newbie
    edited 21 September 2018 at 9:34AM
    Hi Pure Planet,

I like others will have to cancel my switch it appears. Despite you having the lowest rate available in my area I just cant accept the higher price in winter. Appreciate the timing of the switch affects this but on a quoted average monthly cost of £133 per month you are asking for a Winter payment of £159.74 and a summer payment of £106.69. Apologies but that does not amount to a small variation. On that basis and no ability to average the payment I will be looking elsewhere, no issue paying up front just not at such an inflated rate.

Oh and the Web Bot is useless - asked it to "change my payment amount" it gives me three numbered choices and asks I confirm my question by selecting a number. I Type "1" or "one" and guess what - sorry we do not understand your question.
  • No issues here. The App has always worked fine for me on my I Phone 5.
    A higher payment during the winter makes perfect sense to me as in the summer time most folk have their heating off and use very little gas.

I will be staying with Pure Planet, no complaints at all.
  • PurePlanet
    Sokkia wrote: »
    Hi Pure Planet,

I like others will have to cancel my switch it appears. Despite you having the lowest rate available in my area I just cant accept the higher price in winter. Appreciate the timing of the switch affects this but on a quoted average monthly cost of £133 per month you are asking for a Winter payment of £159.74 and a summer payment of £106.69. Apologies but that does not amount to a small variation. On that basis and no ability to average the payment I will be looking elsewhere, no issue paying up front just not at such an inflated rate.

Oh and the Web Bot is useless - asked it to "change my payment amount" it gives me three numbered choices and asks I confirm my question by selecting a number. I Type "1" or "one" and guess what - sorry we do not understand your question.

Hi Sokkia
    Thanks for the feedback.
    One reason we charge differently in winter and summer is because we try to buy our energy for the winter in advance, as it keeps our rates down.
    Also, as we don't have fixed term contracts or charge exit fees, averaging payments over 12 months could cause our Members to build up very high credits or debits, depending on the time of year they join. And we want to avoid that.
    We appreciate that this isn't for everyone.
    Please don't give up on renewables!
    Marc @ Pure Planet
    Verified Company
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.1K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.2K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 607.9K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173K Life & Family
  • 247.8K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure
  • 15.9K Discuss & Feedback