Gleam issues

Hi everyone, gleam is really playing up for me, it's not loading is anyone else having the same or is it just my log in? Thanks x
back to comping after a 2 year break!! Mission… to win a gift for all my family for Christmas!

Comments

• Do you just get the widget with the coloured disc/wheel continually spinning in the middle? I get that sometimes when I've opened multiple Gleams in different tabs, so now I stick to just opening one at a time. You could clear your cache to fix it or just close them all and not open any for a few hours and it usually starts working again without needing to clear the cache.
  • Iggy1313
    Iggy1313 Posts: 553 Forumite
    Name Dropper Photogenic First Post First Anniversary
    Do you just get the widget with the coloured disc/wheel continually spinning in the middle? I get that sometimes when I've opened multiple Gleams in different tabs, so now I stick to just opening one at a time. You could clear your cache to fix it or just close them all and not open any for a few hours and it usually starts working again without needing to clear the cache.

Yes that's what is happening, thank you, I use an iPad, how do I clear a cache please? Xxx would I lose my book marks etc if I did that? Thanks so much for your help x
    back to comping after a 2 year break!! Mission… to win a gift for all my family for Christmas!
  • 2013yearofthehouse
    2013yearofthehouse Posts: 3,060 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper Photogenic First Post
    edited 10 February 2019 at 1:35PM
    Iggy1313 wrote: »
    Yes that's what is happening, thank you, I use an iPad, how do I clear a cache please? Xxx would I lose my book marks etc if I did that? Thanks so much for your help x

Clearing the cache will remove history, cookies and browsing data. It will also clear your history on all devices logged into your iCloud, if you have any others.

I can't remember for sure because I've not done it in a while, but I think you just lose any tabs you have open and you'll be logged out of all sites that you are usually logged in to automatically plus it will reset advertising settings that we now get post-GDPR, so each website may ask you again when you visit them for the first time after clearing your cache. It doesn't erase your bookmarks or your saved passwords etc. If you are unsure then best just to leave it and not clear the cache as like I said it should start loading ok again after a while anyway as long as you stick to only opening one Gleam at a time.

If you do want to though then go to settings > safari > clear history and data
  • Iggy1313
    Iggy1313 Posts: 553 Forumite
    Name Dropper Photogenic First Post First Anniversary
    Clearing the cache will remove history, cookies and browsing data. It will also clear your history on all devices logged into your iCloud, if you have any others.

I can't remember for sure because I've not done it in a while, but I think you just lose any tabs you have open and you'll be logged out of all sites that you are usually logged in to automatically plus it will reset advertising settings that we now get post-GDPR, so each website may ask you again when you visit them for the first time after clearing your cache. It doesn't erase your bookmarks or your saved passwords etc. If you are unsure then best just to leave it and not clear the cache as like I said it should start loading ok again after a while anyway as long as you stick to only opening one Gleam at a time.

If you do want to though then go to settings > safari > clear history and data

Thank you very much, I've tried just opening one at a time and that's helping for now. You're very kind to help me out. Much appreciated. Caroline x
  • purplecatlover
    purplecatlover Posts: 6,628 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post
    Gleam keeps breaking on me. First it won’t register that I’ve followed the link to a page/social media, then if I refresh the gleam page or try a different one I get the never ending loading screen.

Clearing cookies makes it work again for a day or two but then it’s back to not working. Clearing cookies is a pita as then I have to log in to every single site I frequent again and I’m fed up of that.

Any other suggestions or fixes anyone has found?

I’m using google chrome on an iPad.
  • Gleam keeps breaking on me. First it won’t register that I’ve followed the link to a page/social media, then if I refresh the gleam page or try a different one I get the never ending loading screen.

Clearing cookies makes it work again for a day or two but then it’s back to not working. Clearing cookies is a pita as then I have to log in to every single site I frequent again and I’m fed up of that.

Any other suggestions or fixes anyone has found?

I’m using google chrome on an iPad.

Mine does that too occasionally. I usually just leave it for an hour or so and it works again fine with no need to clear cookies. Although if it won’t work for you without clearing cookies you could try doing all your gleams on a different browser (like safari) to everything else (left in Chrome), so that at least if you have to clear cookies (on safari) you only lose the gleam and related social media ones rather than all the other sites you are logged into (on Chrome) and it’s less annoying :)
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.2K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173K Life & Family
  • 247.9K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure