FedEx rant

I have had the worst delivery experience ever with FedEx, which is really saying something. Sorry, this is a long one.
I ordered some posh food and drink as Xmas presents from a small company based in Italy. These goods were apparently despatched in the UK. I was given no warning that the products would arrive but came home one day to find a card saying they'd tried to deliver blah blah blah. This was 26th Oct.
Fine. I went online and asked them to redeliver on the 31st Oct, when I had arranged to work from home.
On the days leading up to 31st, FedEx continue to attempt to deliver my parcel, leaving their cards each day, and yet, for some reason, on the 31st, they do not send my package out for delivery!
I make my first call to their phone line, a number I am now well acquainted with. FedEx apologise and say they will deliver on Saturday morning. So I wait in all Saturday morning, but there is no FedEx delivery!
I'm getting more angry now. I call them... once again... and ask for them to deliver it the following Thursday (yesterday). I work all day at my living room table, from where I actually have a good view of both the street and the entrance to my flats. I see no FedEx van nor delivery people at the door all day, so imagine my surprise when FedEx claim they tried to deliver my parcel at 3pm! Now, I realise the people at the depot are not just inept but downright liars.
I am now in touch with the despatch company, who are very sympathetic and say they will speak to FedEx and arrange delivery for a date of my choosing. I ask them to deliver next Fri, Nov 16th.
But today, I get an email from the Italian food company assuring me my package will be delivered this afternoon! I cycle home, recklessly quickly though pouring rain, relieved to see I have not 'missed' the delivery when I get home. Yet the same thing happens - no delivery guy but FedEx claiming someone tried to deliver and call me. This is simply not true, but I get the sense that the FedEx customer support are wonton to believe their low life delivery people over customers.:mad:
I have now lost all faith that I will ever receive my package and I would advise everyone else to avoid FedEx like the plague.

Comments

• hollydays
    hollydays Posts: 19,812 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary
    :cool:Italy..don't order from Italy..
    Rather than blaming fed ex, can you post any good reviews of this company..
  • DCFC79
    DCFC79 Posts: 40,598 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post
    Thanks for that, I shall make a note to not use Fed Ex, if they are used then they are used.
  • forgotmyname
    forgotmyname Posts: 32,547 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post
    You ordered some stuff and upset because they tried to deliver it?

You were not expecting your delivery to be delivered?

I had issues with Fed-Ex, 2 items in the delivery. 1st item turned out to be an empty box and the 2nd item arrived a few days later all battered.

But i must admit their customer service sorted it out to my satisfaction, no charges or duty/taxes which i was expecting to pay.

Why did the company you purchased from not give you the delivery date? Did they tell you the items had been dispatched?

You arranged delivery on a day you were not at home? Had to cycle home and hope they had not delivered it. Then you call the driver a liar for saying he tried, but you admit you were not at home.

Maybe the driver used all his called but missed you cards in your previous attempts?
    Censorship Reigns Supreme in Troll City...

• dld2s
    dld2s Posts: 441 Forumite
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker First Post Uniform Washer
    edited 11 November 2018 at 9:32AM
    You ordered some stuff and upset because they tried to deliver it?

You were not expecting your delivery to be delivered?

I had issues with Fed-Ex, 2 items in the delivery. 1st item turned out to be an empty box and the 2nd item arrived a few days later all battered.

But i must admit their customer service sorted it out to my satisfaction, no charges or duty/taxes which i was expecting to pay.

Why did the company you purchased from not give you the delivery date? Did they tell you the items had been dispatched?

You arranged delivery on a day you were not at home? Had to cycle home and hope they had not delivered it. Then you call the driver a liar for saying he tried, but you admit you were not at home.

Maybe the driver used all his called but missed you cards in your previous attempts?

OP arranged for delivery on the 16th November, so were not expecting delivery on the 9th November
  • forgotmyname
    That was after the initial missed deliveries though.

Possible that it was already out on the next delivery before the OP contacted them re: the first missed delivery. So too late for the change
    of delivery day on that one.

So that could have been 2 missed deliveries.

The OP said they were out when the company said it would be delivered today and call them liars for saying they attempted delivery.
    The OP was out so do they know they didnt attempt delivery?

• dld2s
    dld2s Posts: 441 Forumite
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker First Post Uniform Washer
    That was after the initial missed deliveries though.

Theres no argument there, OP didn't know but arranged for the 31st, they attempted delivery the days leading up to the 31st, but not the requested date the 31st
    Possible that it was already out on the next delivery before the OP contacted them re: the first missed delivery. So too late for the change
    of delivery day on that one.

It sounds like they attempted delivery for several days after the OP contacted asking for the 31st so looks like the OP contacted them on the 26th for delivery on 31st so a few days before the 31st and surely enough time to get it off the van and re-arrange? of course for some reason, the request may have been missed/lost?
    So that could have been 2 missed deliveries.

The OP said they were out when the company said it would be delivered today and call them liars for saying they attempted delivery.
    The OP was out so do they know they didnt attempt delivery.

OP was told afternoon delivery, but was already out, but they hopped onto their bike and by the way op words it, I am assuming they reached home before the afternoon? also, they usually leave a missed delivery card' it sounds like they did on the other occasions, why not this time? so every possibility it was a non delivery?

I have to say I am surprised FEDEX tried to deliver more than 3 times without making arrangements, I don't know FEDEX policy, but I have usually found when delivery company's have two missed deliveries they wont attempt delivery again until you contact and make arrangements
  • I’ve had hundreds of deliveries and collections with FedEx - all have been fine :)
  • forgotmyname
    Just typical that my first experience was them handing us an empty box when it was obvious the box was empty. Why the driver thought he could get away with that i never know.

2nd box which should have arrived at the same time, arrived several days later all battered. But just a small scuff to the item which did not matter.

The only positive side was their customer service who dealt with the issue to my satisfaction.

• Moglex
    Moglex Posts: 1,581 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post
    I’ve had hundreds of deliveries and collections with FedEx - all have been fine :)

And hence have nothing to say about your experience when things go wrong.

But thanks for sharing.
  • bap98189
    bap98189 Posts: 3,801 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary
    Your problem is you live in a flat. Courier drivers hate flats as it takes ages to make a delivery. Chances are the driver just stuck a card in the letterbox without even trying to deliver.
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.6K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.1K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 607.8K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173K Life & Family
  • 247.8K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure