Kantar - Royal Mail Monitoring and Posting Panel

Comments

• Mchambers
    Mchambers Posts: 1,054 Forumite
    edited 16 August 2017 at 4:48PM
    TNS are totally useless. They often put people on the survey only to drop them a few weeks later as they allege that they are over-subscribed in your area .They then put you back on the panel a weeks later. They regularly forget to give presentation stamps. forget LTS vouchers, forget diaries, forget xmas stamps, etc.

How bl**dy difficult is it to manage the survey TNS ?

It is a shame that there is no survey to monitor them as I am sure they would fail.
  • LEJC
    LEJC Posts: 9,618 Forumite
    To be fair to TNS...in the many years that I have been part of it this last stint was the first one that I received the oversubscribed mail during training.

It just came as a little surprise when lots to post popped through the letterbox without warning this morning.

I've never really had any issue with the panel most things are easy to work out and the stamps really do come in handy.
    frugal October...£41.82 of £40 food shopping spend for the 2 of us!

2017 toiletries challenge 179 out 145 in ...£18.64 spend
  • NBLondon
    NBLondon Posts: 5,527 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post Photogenic
    cherie1122 wrote: »
    I still have an item that didn't get posted because of the lack of test smarts. It's got over £3 in stamps on it. I don't think there is much point in sending it anywhere.
    When they did it to me I had a pre-stamped Jiffy unused - unsealed, unaddressed so I just stuck it on a bookshelf until the next time I needed to send a package. OK, I did have to buy an extra 5p stamp because the rate had gone up but still money saving :money:
    Wash your Knobs and Knockers... Keep the Postie safe!
  • lbw22
    lbw22 Posts: 38 Forumite
    HI#

I had this email
    After many years Royal Mail no longer wishes to measure Response Service (RS) and bulk mailed items as part of the main survey and is exploring other means of doing so.

What this means for you

You will not need to change anything you do. You will notice that no new RS items will be allocated to you in the next weeks and bulk mailed items such as magazines will stop gradually over the next two to three months. In the meantime, please carry on sending any RS items you have and recording bulk items in the usual way.

We know that many of our panellists enjoy some of the magazines that you have received as survey items and we are sorry for any disappointment this may cause.

I have nothing to post in next couple of weeks because I am on holiday but nobody else seems to be mentioning it and there seems to be nothing on their site..Anybody know anything and does it actually mean we will no longer have mail to post
  • trix-a-belle
    trix-a-belle Posts: 1,480 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post Mortgage-free Glee!
    lbw22 wrote: »
    HI#

I had this email *snip*

I have nothing to post in next couple of weeks because I am on holiday but nobody else seems to be mentioning it and there seems to be nothing on their site..Anybody know anything and does it actually mean we will no longer have mail to post

Try reading from the top of this page, it has been mentioned. Its not the whole thing only non r items (magazines and catalogues) and items sent from bulk mail houses.
    - Mortgage: 1st one down, 2nd also busted
    - Student Loan gone
    Swagbucks, Mingle, GiffGaff, Prolific, Qmee & Quidco; thank you MSE every little bit helps
  • anamenottaken
    anamenottaken Posts: 4,198 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Hi all I've just been invited to rejoin the panel after 3 years. Received the training pack but the SMARTs labelled AEDB are missing. I understand these are training items but are these meant to be in the posting pack or sent separately? Thank you!

I know you have been answered on this one already but you should find that TNS did actually tell you that - I certainly received something which included a specific mention of the training smarts being sent separately.
  • millie
    millie Posts: 1,442 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary
    I have had my posting schedule for next week and have 4 items including 2 cubes. The schedule say hand written for all items so I have written the names and address onto each item. I have now looked at the page on my account showing advanced columns and that shows hand written labels for them all. They have not sent me any labels. I have only been doing the survey for 2 months so not sure if I should have received any labels. I have some small labels at home so I have stuck these over my handwriting on the items and are hoping that is acceptable.
  • dobbiesloan
    dobbiesloan Posts: 2,211 Forumite
    Photogenic Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post
    millie wrote: »
    I have had my posting schedule for next week and have 4 items including 2 cubes. The schedule say hand written for all items so I have written the names and address onto each item. I have now looked at the page on my account showing advanced columns and that shows hand written labels for them all. They have not sent me any labels. I have only been doing the survey for 2 months so not sure if I should have received any labels. I have some small labels at home so I have stuck these over my handwriting on the items and are hoping that is acceptable.

You are right. You write it on the cubes not on labels.
    GONE ENGLAND
  • millie
    millie Posts: 1,442 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary
    You are right. You write it on the cubes not on labels.

I did that and have now stuck labels over the writing.
  • anamenottaken
    anamenottaken Posts: 4,198 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    I write on blank labels (there are almost always some on the sheet with the R number labels) and stick the label to the cube. Easier to read the address on a white label than beige card and also easier to write onto a label than onto slightly corrugated card.

I have received cubes with hand-written labels (as I do) and received others with addresses simply written straight onto the box. I don't think it matters that much.
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.1K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.2K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 607.9K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173K Life & Family
  • 247.8K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure