Useful Student Threads

Comments

• Gnave
    Gnave Posts: 8 Forumite
    I just read an article on www.fyimag.co.uk by ALvin Hall on financial tips for young people!

It's quite a good article and you can ask Alvin Hall questions about money.

Hope that helps!
  • squeaky
    squeaky Posts: 14,129 Forumite
    First Post Combo Breaker
    I've just updated the first two posts.

Anything else?
    Hi, I'm a Board Guide on the Old Style and the Consumer Rights boards which means I'm a volunteer to help the boards run smoothly and can move and merge posts there. Board guides are not moderators and don't read every post. If you spot an inappropriate or illegal post then please report it to forumteam@moneysavingexpert.com. It is not part of my role to deal with reportable posts. Any views are mine and are not the official line of MoneySavingExpert.
    Never ascribe to malice that which is adequately explained by incompetence.
    DTFAC: Y.T.D = £5.20 Apr £0.50
  • alisona
    alisona Posts: 239 Forumite
    Not a 'thread', but this site might help with tax advice for students. I found out about it through my uni as part of the HM Revenue & Customs Student Tax Awareness Week

http://www.studenttaxadvice.org.uk/
  • squeaky
    squeaky Posts: 14,129 Forumite
    First Post Combo Breaker
    Thanks, I'll add it to the list of useful links.
    Hi, I'm a Board Guide on the Old Style and the Consumer Rights boards which means I'm a volunteer to help the boards run smoothly and can move and merge posts there. Board guides are not moderators and don't read every post. If you spot an inappropriate or illegal post then please report it to forumteam@moneysavingexpert.com. It is not part of my role to deal with reportable posts. Any views are mine and are not the official line of MoneySavingExpert.
    Never ascribe to malice that which is adequately explained by incompetence.
    DTFAC: Y.T.D = £5.20 Apr £0.50
  • what a great post!
    img16.jpgimg17.jpgimg18.jpgimg42.jpgimg20.jpgimg21.jpgimg17_c.jpgimg42_c.jpgimg21_c.jpgimg48.jpgimg49.jpgimg50.jpgimg48_c.jpgimg22.jpgimg23.jpgimg23_c.jpg
  • Bigdaddy
    Bigdaddy Posts: 52 Forumite
    wirm wrote: »
    Links that you may find useful:-

Students and tax:-

http://www.studenttaxservices.org.uk - Free and IMPARTIAL advice and free helpdesk
  • Poppycat
    Poppycat Posts: 19,913 Forumite
    First Post Combo Breaker First Anniversary
    Freemonster :spam:
  • I know this is a shameless bump, but my new blog might come in here, it's studentcashflow.co.uk. It has usefill tips on student banking, budgeting, making some extra cash, student living and most financial topics which affects students.
  • MrsManda
    MrsManda Posts: 4,457 Forumite
    I used saxon insurance when I went to uni the first time. They were reasonably priced and their customer services seemed really good though I don't know how they were if you actually had to claim through them.
    https://www.saxoninsurance.com/

I'd avoid endsleigh - they are the insurance company which is recommended by the NUS but they are much more expensive than most other student insurance packages and I have friends who found their customer services appalling.
    I think they rely on students taking the advice of NUS and not bothering shopping around.
  • There are two great features on finance daily. co. uk

Search How to Slash Your Energy Bills and Free Money Saving Offers!

Enjoy!
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.1K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.6K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.1K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 607.8K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173K Life & Family
  • 247.8K Travel & Transport