'Popular now'

Options
Slinky
Slinky Posts: 9,987 Forumite
Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post
There's a listing on the right hand side of the forum of the supposedly popular subjects (in the last 15 minutes). I'm convinced this hasn't changed in years! If you expand it and look at the top 10, number 9 doesn't actually exist.

What purpose does this serve?
Make £2024 in 2024
Prolific to 29/2/24 £184.97, Chase Interest £11.88, Chase roundup interest £0.18, Chase CB £16.96, Roadkill £1.10, Octopus referral reward £50, Octopoints £6.30 to 31/1/24, Topcashback £4.64, Shopmium £3
Total £279.03/£2024  13.8%

Make £2023 in 2023
Water sewerage refund: £170.62,Topcashback: £243.47, Prolific: to 31/12/23 £975, Haggling: £45, Wombling(Roadkill): £6.04,  Chase CB £149.34, Chase roundup interest £1.35, WeBuyBooks:£8.37, Misc sales: £406.59, Delay repay £22, Amazon refund £3.41, EDF Smart Meter incentive £100, Santander Edge Cashback-Fees: £25.14, Octopus Reward £50, Bank transfer incentives £400
Total: £2606.33/£2023  128.8%

Comments

• PaschalFun
    PaschalFun Posts: 241 Forumite
    Options
    Slinky wrote: »
    There's a listing on the right hand side of the forum of the supposedly popular subjects (in the last 15 minutes). I'm convinced this hasn't changed in years! If you expand it and look at the top 10, number 9 doesn't actually exist.

What purpose does this serve?

You appear to be using a very old forum skin - one that hasn't been supported for about 5 years

Please update as follows:
    User CP > Edit Options > Forum Skin > Use forum default (recommended)

Keep your eyes peeled, as there is reported to be an even newer redesign coming shortly.
  • Slinky
    Slinky Posts: 9,987 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post
    Options
    PaschalFun wrote: »
    You appear to be using a very old forum skin - one that hasn't been supported for about 5 years

Keep your eyes peeled, as there is reported to be an even newer redesign coming shortly.

Will that give me the horrible blue version? You're right, I'm on traditional green at the moment.
    Make £2024 in 2024
    Prolific to 29/2/24 £184.97, Chase Interest £11.88, Chase roundup interest £0.18, Chase CB £16.96, Roadkill £1.10, Octopus referral reward £50, Octopoints £6.30 to 31/1/24, Topcashback £4.64, Shopmium £3
    Total £279.03/£2024  13.8%

Make £2023 in 2023
    Water sewerage refund: £170.62,Topcashback: £243.47, Prolific: to 31/12/23 £975, Haggling: £45, Wombling(Roadkill): £6.04,  Chase CB £149.34, Chase roundup interest £1.35, WeBuyBooks:£8.37, Misc sales: £406.59, Delay repay £22, Amazon refund £3.41, EDF Smart Meter incentive £100, Santander Edge Cashback-Fees: £25.14, Octopus Reward £50, Bank transfer incentives £400
    Total: £2606.33/£2023  128.8%

• stripeyfox
    stripeyfox Posts: 474 Forumite
    Options
    the forum is pretty poor in design terms I think. Other forums I use are so much better at displaying unread content etc.

Hopefully a revamp will help!
  • J_B
    J_B Posts: 6,444 Forumite
    Name Dropper Photogenic First Post First Anniversary
    edited 18 April 2019 at 4:35PM
    Options

Is that the one that about 90% of the users voted that they didn't like.

Stick with the easy to read green version is my advice. :)

Oh great - another 'improvement' :mad:

All I wish for is a 'raised eyebrows emoji' :)

PS - I've never noticed that 'popular now' thingy on the side as I never look at the stuff there.
  • NaughtiusMaximus
    Options
    On a related note, if you have the blue skin, how do you change? I can't see a skin option in my control panel so this won't work for me:

I've always been on the blue skin since joining, I only became aware there were alternate versions when other posters mentioned they have additional functionality which I don't have.
  • spadoosh
    spadoosh Posts: 8,732 Forumite
    Name Dropper Photogenic First Anniversary First Post
    Options
    On a related note, if you have the blue skin, how do you change? I can't see a skin option in my control panel so this won't work for me:

I've always been on the blue skin since joining, I only became aware there were alternate versions when other posters mentioned they have additional functionality which I don't have.

I think new users where restricted to the blue skin where as existing users where allowed to choose. I still use the green one, its graphically less appealing but seems a lot better for reading and posting.
  • PaschalFun
    Options
    On a related note, if you have the blue skin, how do you change? I can't see a skin option in my control panel so this won't work for me:....

It should be there. You joined about 9 months before me, and I see it

Profile >Your settings>Edit Options>Forum skin>New masthead, fixed width (recommended)

Dont' forget to save your changes!

Please note that some forums here may override your skin choice temporarily.
  • PaschalFun
    edited 20 April 2019 at 1:09PM
    Options
    Slinky wrote: »
    ...If you expand it and look at the top 10, number 9 doesn't actually exist....

No.9 is here (at time of posting - the list is apparently updated every 15 mins):

https://www.moneysavingexpert.com/savings/savings-accounts-best-interest/

Report updated daily

Surprised you didn't see it in the list bearing in mind how 'easy to read' one of the above posters suggests the old, out of date, unsupported skin is :cool:
    (although they also say they never noticed the list at all whilst using that skin - perhaps they need to go to Specsavers? :D)
  • robatwork
    robatwork Posts: 7,091 Forumite
    Name Dropper Photogenic First Post First Anniversary
    Options
    I've tried 3 times to move skins... and always end up back on the green one.
  • PaschalFun
    Options
    luddites3.jpg
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business