Vodafone to increase pay-monthly mobile prices by 2.5% - MSE News

Options
Vodafone customers on pay-monthly mobile contracts and mobile broadband contracts and will see a 2.5% price rise from next month...
Read the full story:
'Vodafone to increase pay-monthly mobile prices by 2.5%'
OfficialStamp.gif
Click reply below to discuss. If you haven’t already, join the forum to reply.

Comments

• oldagetraveller
    Options
    Well done for not using ther ubiquitous "hike" in the headline.
  • The_Bloodster
    Options
    I think Vodafone have been quite sneaky with this.

I have a phone which was £36 a month bought on Black Friday weekend. The deal was basically half price as the normal price is £72 a month and shows a discount of £36. However this month my contract has gone up to £37.60 per month which would seem to be a 5% increase. However I think they have based it on the £72 rental price meaning it is 2.5% increase as announced. Quite sneaky although I think I will query it anyway as I have two contracts on this rate
  • mobilejunkie
    mobilejunkie Posts: 8,460 Forumite
    Options

I have a phone which was £36 a month bought on Black Friday weekend. The deal was basically half price as the normal price is £72 a month and shows a discount of £36. However this month my contract has gone up to £37.60 per month which would seem to be a 5% increase. However I think they have based it on the £72 rental price meaning it is 2.5% increase as announced. Quite sneaky although I think I will query it anyway as I have two contracts on this rate

How enlightening - not. Guess it's yet another topic which will re-appear for every network each year they increase the prices.
  • [Deleted User]
    [Deleted User] Posts: 5,186 Forumite
    Combo Breaker First Post
    Options

Not sneaky at all, any company (mobile or otherwise) who raises their prices by a flat percentage across the board will do so on the base price. You can't then work out the rise on an already discounted price and claim your rise is double somebody who pays full price. If you'd taken a few seconds to consider this you'd have realised this before posting.
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.1K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 247.9K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure