Slimming in to Spring - Slimming World support thread 2019

Comments

• joedenise
    joedenise Posts: 16,485
    First Post Name Dropper First Anniversary
    Forumite
    maman wrote: »
    I was disciplined!:D I had half of one of those Aldi bars of the 70% cocoa, just enough for the bitter chocolate taste.

That's about as much as I can manage of the bitter chocolate!

Denise
  • poundsinbucks
    poundsinbucks Posts: 1,400
    Photogenic First Anniversary First Post
    Forumite
    Bit disappointed with this week’s WI, I have STS. Well, very frustrated would be a more accurate description, as I have stuck to plan 100%! Suggestions in group were to up the Speed and do a SAS log. Personally I think cutting down Syns might make the biggest difference. I log my food intake meticulously and am aware of all the Free and Speed foods, saving my Syns for the evening, as a treat. Am currently allowed 5-20 Syns a day, and read somewhere ‘This Is Not A Target!’ . Have never gone over 20 Syns, but think if I aim for between 5-10 Syns a day instead, the scales will hopefully move again next week. I know 1st11lbs in 10 weeks is not to be sniffed at, but still have such a long way to go and feel like I am stalling.

Oh well, moan over. Made the PON Camp Fire Stew in the SC and it was delicious! Had it with broccoli for extra Speed :cool:. Definitely one to make again.

Poundsinbucks x :o
    🥳🥳 SW -6st 3.5lbs 🥳🥳
  • bubbs
    bubbs Posts: 66,863
    Name Dropper Photogenic First Post First Anniversary
    Forumite
    sarymclary wrote: »
    Congratulations bubba fab achievement!

Well done frankie

Hope those feeling not so good are much better soon xx

Busy day here for me decorating son’s bedroom and made good progress for a full day’s work. Another day’s work should see it finished ready for him to move back home after 6 months away.

Meal plan today:
    B - overnight oats (4) with 0% yogurt and mango (could only manage half so got some for tomorrow)
    L - eggs, bacon & slice of wm toast HEB, satsuma
    D - sw meatballs pasta, tomatoes, onions, garlic cheese HEA2
    HEA1 milk in drinks

Aware it’s lacking in speed but it was all done in between the decorating that I only stopped at 7pm, so all had to be quickly made.

Feeling a bit achy now, so off for a hot shower.
    Bet you are excited hime coming home ?
    Thanks for chart chris.

Well done Frankie on SOTW.

Nice one bubbs on getting the Diamond certificate 👍.

WI tomorrow for me, fingers crossed 😉. Planning Camp Fire Stew for dinner tomorrow, have to get my act together in the morning and get the slow cooker going.

Poundsinbucks x :D
    Thanks, hopefully will catch up with a loss:D
    Right, all read and caught up. Well done Bubbs and Frankie (although commiserations on the teeny, tiny weeny gain; that'll soon come off again). Hope those that aren't feeling well get better soon.

Flat Eric - I just buy whatever is on offer. At the moment I am eating Scotts but they are in a large box. Good for baked oats or overnight oats.

Today is going to be a tough day; we're having a 'bring and share' lunch at work so staying on plan is going to be impossible. I plan on mitigating it though, with a super on plan breakfast and dinner.

B - Weetabix minis and fruit (raspberries, strawberries and a banana)
    L - Whatever people bring (I've made savoury muffins with leek, ham and cheese and coconut and jam tartlets)
    D - Omelette with salad.

No snacks.

Sealed pot challenge number 003 £350 for 2015, 2016 £400 Actual£345, £400 for 2017 Actual £500:T:T £770 for 2018 £1295 for 2019:j:j spc number 22 £1,457Stopped Smoking 22/01/15:D:D::dance::dance:- 5 st 1 1/2lb :dance::dance:
  • bubbs
    Forumite
    maman wrote: »
    I buy Aldi oats. Just recently they've been selling Mornflake rather than own brand. Both are fine. I like coarse oats and have found branded ones too smooth.

Today I've had porage with skinny syrup so absolutely free and yummy!

Will post menu later. :)
    I was going to askwhat flavour but saw it on catch up:D
    Hi all a little better, still have migraine and I'm nauseous with it, but manageable.

WI results from last night was STS, my wife has 1 1/2 off. I'm going to try my best and shed 2lb this week, as I have day surgery on Friday and after effects are going to quite unpleasant for me for 5-10 days post op (hoping migraine side effects and after effects has subsided by Friday too), and I'm not allowed to do much or go anywhere as I'm not allowed to drive for 7 days after.
    STS is ok, well done to your wife, hope your surgery goes well, i have 2 too look forward too in the next couple of months:(
    Bit disappointed with this week’s WI, I have STS. Well, very frustrated would be a more accurate description, as I have stuck to plan 100%! Suggestions in group were to up the Speed and do a SAS log. Personally I think cutting down Syns might make the biggest difference. I log my food intake meticulously and am aware of all the Free and Speed foods, saving my Syns for the evening, as a treat. Am currently allowed 5-20 Syns a day, and read somewhere ‘This Is Not A Target!’ . Have never gone over 20 Syns, but think if I aim for between 5-10 Syns a day instead, the scales will hopefully move again next week. I know 1st11lbs in 10 weeks is not to be sniffed at, but still have such a long way to go and feel like I am stalling.

Oh well, moan over. Made the PON Camp Fire Stew in the SC and it was delicious! Had it with broccoli for extra Speed :cool:. Definitely one to make again.

You have done really well, but i know hw you feel,try cutting carbs a bit and drinking more water.NAS x

Evening all :D
    Been for a scan on my nose today:rotfl:
    Had chilli for tea, was much nicer this time
    chilli-004.jpg
    Sealed pot challenge number 003 £350 for 2015, 2016 £400 Actual£345, £400 for 2017 Actual £500:T:T £770 for 2018 £1295 for 2019:j:j spc number 22 £1,457Stopped Smoking 22/01/15:D:D::dance::dance:- 5 st 1 1/2lb :dance::dance:
  • joedenise
    joedenise Posts: 16,485
    First Post Name Dropper First Anniversary
    Forumite
    poundsinbucks maybe look at your portion sizes. Are you eating because you're hungry or because it's there and it's Free? My consultant usually says to aim for 10 syns to allow for any mistakes you might be making, perhaps not measuring when you should and things like that.

STS isn't a bad thing really, it's much better than a gain! As long as you stick to plan this week you'll see a good loss next week. For some people it seems to work like that.

Good luck for this week.

Denise
  • Well, antibiotics started, but was feeling slightly better as the abscess had burst, so although pain diminished, it is obviously weeping in my mouth, which is not the best.

The bad news is the treatment process, now become a teaching case:eek: Currently looking at £1,000 but if the option taken doesn't work, it will be an extraction followed by implants, "only" £3,500! Not surprisingly, I want to try & save the tooth. As my dentist is on holidays & I had to be treated as as an emergency, I saw the senior partner who was actually my dentist when I joined the practice, I had forgotten how lovely he was:D

Not eating properly as I can't chew, but don't have an appetite anyway, what impact this will have for weigh in, God only knows!
    A smile costs little but creates much :)
  • Bit disappointed with this week’s WI, I have STS. Well, very frustrated would be a more accurate description, as I have stuck to plan 100%! Suggestions in group were to up the Speed and do a SAS log. Personally I think cutting down Syns might make the biggest difference. I log my food intake meticulously and am aware of all the Free and Speed foods, saving my Syns for the evening, as a treat. Am currently allowed 5-20 Syns a day, and read somewhere ‘This Is Not A Target!’ . Have never gone over 20 Syns, but think if I aim for between 5-10 Syns a day instead, the scales will hopefully move again next week. I know 1st11lbs in 10 weeks is not to be sniffed at, but still have such a long way to go and feel like I am stalling.

Upping speed and free foods is all well and good, but if there is a free food or Health Extra or Speed even that your body is taking its time in processing through or storing, your going to feel incredibly bloated and full upping your intake of free and speeds and end up with a dissapointed scale result.

For me, my HE choice of Bread i have noticed gives me a less of a loss, as when i dont eat bread for a week ill have a better WI. when i do I STS or Increase and Bread is the only thing to have changed in my diet, I can say the same for low syn foods, such as mug shots, in group last night a lady had issues losing weight but ate lots of free fruits, stopped eating so much fruit, -3lb off.

I dont seek to maximise my syns,and i cant save them up to use in one go either, I dont like my syns in my main meals, and if feel i crave crisps or other type of savory, i eat a SW microwave meal to help pass the craving and satisfy my brain i put something in my mouth. If i crave chocolate or sweet stuff, i make a fruit salad with at least a plentiful helping of speed fruit inclided in the bowl. If i really must have a dessert, I make SW Apple Betty but i dont like raisens so i throw in blue berry as a replacement served with side of fromage frias.
    Quite correct that syns are not a target to hit on a daily basis, but are to be used as and when the craving, or stuck out with mates or family and no alternative but to eat something that maybe cooked in oil for E.G. I go thorugh my day not thinking about syns, i prioritise speed and free over syns, and if i do use them try to be savvy with them.

So go through what you have written down for you intake, see if you have lots of bread or chocolate or yogurt etc and see if you can make adjustments to decrease those while replacing them with something else so your intake stays the same so your not hungry or feel like your not satisfied.

So i would say you need to go through the process of elimination,
  • beanielou
    beanielou Posts: 89,820
    Academoney Grad I'm a Volunteer Ambassador Mortgage-free Glee! Name Dropper
    Ambassador
    Well, antibiotics started, but was feeling slightly better as the abscess had burst, so although pain diminished, it is obviously weeping in my mouth, which is not the best.

The bad news is the treatment process, now become a teaching case:eek: Currently looking at £1,000 but if the option taken doesn't work, it will be an extraction followed by implants, "only" £3,500! Not surprisingly, I want to try & save the tooth. As my dentist is on holidays & I had to be treated as as an emergency, I saw the senior partner who was actually my dentist when I joined the practice, I had forgotten how lovely he was:D

Not eating properly as I can't chew, but don't have an appetite anyway, what impact this will have for weigh in, God only knows!

That sounds dire & :eek: to the cost.
    I am a Forum Ambassador and I support the Forum Team on Mortgage Free Wannabe & Local Money Saving Scotland & Disability Money Matters. If you need any help on those boards, do let me know.Please note that Ambassadors are not moderators. Any post you spot in breach of the Forum Rules should be reported via the report button , or by emailing forumteam@moneysavingexpert.com. All views are my own & not the official line of Money Saving Expert.

Lou~ Debt free Wanabe No 55 DF 03/14.**Credit card debt free 30/06/10~** MFW. Finally mortgage free O2/ 2021****
    "A large income is the best recipe for happiness I ever heard of" Jane Austen in Mansfield Park.

***Fall down seven times,stand up eight*** ~~Japanese proverb.
    ***Keep plodding*** Out of debt, out of danger. ***Be the difference.***
    One debt remaining. Home improvement loan.
  • bubbs
    Forumite
    Opps just ate some maltesers:p:eek:
    Gettingtherquickly:eek::eek::eek: @ price, but really hope you soon feel better x
  • beanielou
    beanielou Posts: 89,820
    Academoney Grad I'm a Volunteer Ambassador Mortgage-free Glee! Name Dropper
    Ambassador
    bubbs wrote: »
    Opps just ate some maltesers:p:eek:
    Gettingtherquickly:eek::eek::eek: @ price, but really hope you soon feel better x

I have just had some mini eggs:eek:
    Way more than Maman's 3 1/2 syns!!
    I am a Forum Ambassador and I support the Forum Team on Mortgage Free Wannabe & Local Money Saving Scotland & Disability Money Matters. If you need any help on those boards, do let me know.Please note that Ambassadors are not moderators. Any post you spot in breach of the Forum Rules should be reported via the report button , or by emailing forumteam@moneysavingexpert.com. All views are my own & not the official line of Money Saving Expert.

Lou~ Debt free Wanabe No 55 DF 03/14.**Credit card debt free 30/06/10~** MFW. Finally mortgage free O2/ 2021****
    "A large income is the best recipe for happiness I ever heard of" Jane Austen in Mansfield Park.

***Fall down seven times,stand up eight*** ~~Japanese proverb.
    ***Keep plodding*** Out of debt, out of danger. ***Be the difference.***
    One debt remaining. Home improvement loan.
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 342.5K Banking & Borrowing
  • 249.9K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.4K Spending & Discounts
  • 234.6K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 607.1K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 172.8K Life & Family
  • 247.4K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure