Crazy Cat Lady Chapter 3 - A New Beginning

Options

Comments

• 1LuckyLady
    1LuckyLady Posts: 1,206 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post Name Dropper Photogenic
    Options
    Hope the appointment goes ok CCL, and the delivery. With the headache maybe upping your hydration would help?
    Sticking with the "Small things" thread to keep up us on the straight and narrow.
  • crazy_cat_lady
    Options

Definitely a trait I’ve had my whole life Speky, although I was only officially diagnosed with Generalised Anxiety Disorder about 4 or 5 years ago. I had some serious, heavy duty CBT at the time and was loads better. But the recent flare up in my personal life has sent my worries spiralling. Doctor has put me back into the medication I used to take. It’s low dose and usually just helps get the worry to a manageable level - but takes a while to start working.
    New fridge has arrived - the floor was a state underneath the old one but I cleaned it before they came. Bestie has been here all day keeping me company, which was just what I needed today.
  • Chrystal
    Chrystal Posts: 1,852 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post Name Dropper
    Options
    So glad you've seen the doctor and he's prescribed something that will help. ((hugs))

Don't know if you've ever tried Lavender Essential Oil? Rub some on your temples when you go to bed.. it's a relaxant and helps you sleep better. Worth a try if you wake up feeling a bit more human because you've had a better sleep. XX
    I Believe.....
    That it isn't always enough, to be forgiven by others.
    Sometimes, you have to learn to forgive yourself.

Yesterday is history, tomorrow is a mystery
    Today is a gift. That's why it is called the present.

happiness isn't achieved by getting extra things,
    but by getting rid of the things that make you unhappy
  • beanielou
    beanielou Posts: 90,271 Ambassador
    Academoney Grad I'm a Volunteer Ambassador Mortgage-free Glee! Name Dropper
    Options
    Glad that Dr went ok & you have a happy new fridge.
    I am a Forum Ambassador and I support the Forum Team on Mortgage Free Wannabe & Local Money Saving Scotland & Disability Money Matters. If you need any help on those boards, do let me know.Please note that Ambassadors are not moderators. Any post you spot in breach of the Forum Rules should be reported via the report button , or by emailing forumteam@moneysavingexpert.com. All views are my own & not the official line of Money Saving Expert.

Lou~ Debt free Wanabe No 55 DF 03/14.**Credit card debt free 30/06/10~** MFW. Finally mortgage free O2/ 2021****
    "A large income is the best recipe for happiness I ever heard of" Jane Austen in Mansfield Park.

***Fall down seven times,stand up eight*** ~~Japanese proverb.
    ***Keep plodding*** Out of debt, out of danger. ***Be the difference.***
    One debt remaining. Home improvement loan.
  • f0xh0les
    f0xh0les Posts: 6,877 Forumite
    First Anniversary Mortgage-free Glee! Photogenic Name Dropper
    Options
    Ooohh, gap in the market!

Happy New Fridge cards

Hope you start to feel better soon.

x
    4/10/22One Year Mortgage Free Yay!
    NSTurtle # 55 🐢 🐢 🐢 🐢 🐢 🐢🐢 🐢 🐢 🐢 🐢 🐢 🐢 🐢🐢🐢 🐢 🐢 🐢 🐢 🐢 🐢 🐢 🐢 🐢 🐢 🐢 🐢 🐢 🐢 🐢 🐢 🐢 🐢 🐢 🐢 🐢 🐢 🐢 🐢 🐢 🐢 🐢 🐢 🐢 🐢 🐢 🐢 🐢 🐢 🐢 🐢 🐢 🐢 🐢 No Turtle gets left behind.[/b]
    ******PROUD MEMBER OF THE TOFU EATING COALITION OF CHAOS !!!******
  • SpekySquarehead
    Options
    Glad you've been given something which your familiar with and you know works. It's now about trying to take some time to yourself and the kids till it takes hold.
  • crazy_cat_lady
    Options
    Hey! :coffee: :hello:
    I'm a little bit worse for wear today. Went out with a couple of work friends last night, and although I only had 4 drinks I am suffering a bit now. I never sleep well when I've been drinking, and don't feel rested at all. Still, it was a nice night and a good catch up.
    Took the kids out shopping for a couple of hours at dd's request. I was starting to fret that she hadn't left the house for a couple of days so I gave her the choice. I should have known she would choose trailing around some massive shopping centre. But it was nice to get out with the kids, even if I am almost dead on my feet now. Also got some ideas for Christmas presents etc so it was a useful trip.
    Today's worry is that the littlest cat hasn't been home at all. She's a hungry thing so is always about and always looking for food. It's very strange for her not to be here. DD seems to think I'm worrying about nothing though - but I keep going out and shouting for her. Hope she comes home soon :(
  • beanielou
    beanielou Posts: 90,271 Ambassador
    Academoney Grad I'm a Volunteer Ambassador Mortgage-free Glee! Name Dropper
    Options
    Hope the wee cat is back really soon.
    I am a Forum Ambassador and I support the Forum Team on Mortgage Free Wannabe & Local Money Saving Scotland & Disability Money Matters. If you need any help on those boards, do let me know.Please note that Ambassadors are not moderators. Any post you spot in breach of the Forum Rules should be reported via the report button , or by emailing forumteam@moneysavingexpert.com. All views are my own & not the official line of Money Saving Expert.

Lou~ Debt free Wanabe No 55 DF 03/14.**Credit card debt free 30/06/10~** MFW. Finally mortgage free O2/ 2021****
    "A large income is the best recipe for happiness I ever heard of" Jane Austen in Mansfield Park.

***Fall down seven times,stand up eight*** ~~Japanese proverb.
    ***Keep plodding*** Out of debt, out of danger. ***Be the difference.***
    One debt remaining. Home improvement loan.
  • Sallyforth
    Options
    Fingers and paws crossed here for the safe return of little cat.
    Tilly Tidying and
    PADing in 2024 £250.62
    ___________________________________________________________________________________________

RIP Mum & Dad - thanks for helping me on my journey to be
    Debt and Mortgage free from 2018

• crazy_cat_lady
    Options
    Morning all :hello: :coffee:
    Good news is that she did come home Beanie - but she's obviously had a bit of an experience wherever she's been because she wouldn't eat and was quite nervous. Even slept in bed with me last night, and when I let her out this morning she didn't want to go - I left the door open for her and she wandered out but came back in quickly. Poor little thing.
    I had a fair night of sleep last night. I was in bed and asleep not long after 10 last night. Woke up at 4am for over an hour, but managed to get back to sleep again until 7. Then remembered it's bin day so I got up and put the bins out. I've also washed the dishes and put a load of washing in - and I may be tired but at least my hangover is gone.
    I can't believe it's already day 4 of the hols. I'm nowhere near ready for that! I haven't done any of the masses of work I brought home (it's still sitting in the car) and have no plans to today. I'm seeing bestie and we're taking the boys swimming - dd doesn't want to come but may come over to bestie's house after the swimming session. I still need to have a shower and get ready and we're going out in an hour :rotfl: We'll have a coffee and a chat while the boys do the inflatable stuff at swimming and will probably grab lunch later as well.
    My mind is still all over the place but I feel better within myself than I did at the beginning of the week. Still have about a million things swirling round in there but I am at least able to put things to one side at the moment, and am starting to make lists of things that I can do versus things I can't. So I feel as though I might be getting somewhere - you have to take the good days while you can.
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.1K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 247.9K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure