Best answer to this Question QuickQuid

Alfredos_Pizza_Cafe
Alfredos_Pizza_Cafe Posts: 17 Forumite
First Anniversary
edited 2 May 2019 at 1:00AM in Debt-free wannabe
How long did it take you to realise that QuickQuid might have been responsible for any financial difficulty you faced?

What is the best answer to this question? I want to get the maximum refund possible.

Thanks

Comments

• [Deleted User]
    [Deleted User] Posts: 35,242 Forumite
    First Anniversary Photogenic Name Dropper First Post
    You need to measure the time between taking out the loan and when you realised they contributed to your problems and put that down.

You can't copy the answer from the person next to you, as it wouldn't make sense for your circumstances.
  • [Deleted User]
    [Deleted User] Posts: 35,242 Forumite
    First Anniversary Photogenic Name Dropper First Post
    The question isn't about when you realised there is compensation to be had.

It's when you realised they were contributing to your problems.
  • You're right. I'm overthinking a lot of things and the moment.
  • datlex
    datlex Posts: 2,239 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary Combo Breaker First Post
    I think the very fact anyone needs to go to a company like Quickquid shows they have financial difficulties to one degree or another. This sort of company encourages debt. I find their adverts frustrating, so often they are for relatively low cost items which will then end up costing double.
    Paid off the last of my unsecured debts in 2016. Then saved up and bought a property. Current aim is to pay off my mortgage as early as possible. Currently over paying every month. Mortgage due to be paid off in 2036 hoping to get it paid off much earlier. Set up my own bespoke spreadsheet to manage my money.
  • Karonher
    Karonher Posts: 916 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post
    If you went to them you must have already been in financial difficulty so I don't see how you can say they were responsible.

If you were struggling to pay them back and missing payments then received more loans from them you might have a case.

Did you tell the truth on your applications? If you said you earned more than you did then were still paying back on time how would they have known you were borrowing more than you could realistically pay back?

A lot of people were given loans they should not have been but that does not mean everyone was.
    Aiming to make £7,500 online in 2022
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 247.9K Travel & Transport