Slipping Through My Fingers

Comments

• That sounds like a good plan TF2 :).

I like to buy quality classic clothing that will last for years because I don't wear the latest fashions any more. I'm not unfashionable, but I buy classics that never go out of fashion and wear them until they wear out.
    Finally Debt Free After 34 Years, But Still Need to Live Frugally
    Debt in July 2017 = £58,766 😱 DEBT FREE 31 OCTOBER 2017 :T 🎉
    EMERGENCY FUND 1 = £50/£5,000. EMERGENCY FUND 2 = £10/£5,000.
    CHRISTMAS SAVINGS = £0/£500. SEF = £1,400/£12,000 PREMIUM BONDS ME = £350. PREMIUM BONDS DH = £300.
    HOLIDAY MONEY = £0 TIME LEFT TO PAY OFF MORTGAGE = 5 YEARS 1 MONTHS
  • teafor2
    teafor2 Posts: 3,322 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post
    That sounds like a good plan TF2 :).

I like to buy quality classic clothing that will last for years because I don't wear the latest fashions any more. I'm not unfashionable, but I buy classics that never go out of fashion and wear them until they wear out.

This is what I want to emulate :) xx
  • beanielou
    beanielou Posts: 90,179 Ambassador
    Academoney Grad I'm a Volunteer Ambassador Mortgage-free Glee! Name Dropper
    Buy it & enjoy :) xx
    I am a Forum Ambassador and I support the Forum Team on Mortgage Free Wannabe & Local Money Saving Scotland & Disability Money Matters. If you need any help on those boards, do let me know.Please note that Ambassadors are not moderators. Any post you spot in breach of the Forum Rules should be reported via the report button , or by emailing forumteam@moneysavingexpert.com. All views are my own & not the official line of Money Saving Expert.

Lou~ Debt free Wanabe No 55 DF 03/14.**Credit card debt free 30/06/10~** MFW. Finally mortgage free O2/ 2021****
    "A large income is the best recipe for happiness I ever heard of" Jane Austen in Mansfield Park.

***Fall down seven times,stand up eight*** ~~Japanese proverb.
    ***Keep plodding*** Out of debt, out of danger. ***Be the difference.***
    One debt remaining. Home improvement loan.
  • teafor2
    Thanks Beanie, I will :)

Morning :)

Day 22/30, Prolific £3.05, Spends £29

Week 4 of April and the pots are on track and some even have a bit more in than they should at this stage of the game.

I didn't spend a penny last week but took a church donation out yesterday and added £2 to the charity pot which means I've got £20 left so it's gone in my new 'treats' pot. I've got my eye on a silk scarf but won't get to the store for a couple of weeks. It's not massively expensive and just a few more £'s and I'll have the money for it .

In CC news, I'm making just 2 more payments then borrowing the money from 'our' kitty to pay the rest off. So on 1st July I should be debt free and equally important, interest free. Obviously I need to pay the money back so it still needs to be accounted for.

Savings: £75
    DS: £40
    Dogs: £25
    Hairdressers : £20
    Christmas : £50
    Christmas Charity : £15
    CC Bonus : £2.50
    Caravan : £8.70
    Treats : £20

Prolific hasn't moved for weeks but I've not been checking it as much as usual. Shoppix: 2085/3200 RH: 1442/1500

Hope you all have a lovely day. xx
  • teafor2
    Morning Everybody :)

Day 23/30, Prolific £3.05 cleared, 9p pending, Spends £29

I got a survey for 9p! :rotfl:

We're all back to normal today. DD is back at Uni after visiting for Easter, although she doesn't start lectures until May. DS is back at school - summer uniform makes so much difference in the mornings. Hubby is off doing what he's doing and I'm going shopping. I'm on my own today so no coffee and catch up :( But I'll be there and back in half the time which means I can get on with a few jobs.

Need to do quite a bit of stocking up on cleaning products, toiletries and dog food today but it's all from the joint account.

Might have a look in The Works for a book. I prefer browsing for books on my own because I take ages :D

I'd also like something crafty to do but I'm not sure what. Usually I'd knit, crochet or sew but I fancy doing something different, just not sure what.

Hope you all have a good day. xx
  • WannabeFree
    WannabeFree Posts: 4,438 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper Photogenic First Post
    Have a lovely day Tea

x
    “Once you hit rock bottom, that's where you perfectly stand; That's your chance of restarting, but restarting the way.”
  • beanielou
    Have a good day.
    Join the library �� xx
    I am a Forum Ambassador and I support the Forum Team on Mortgage Free Wannabe & Local Money Saving Scotland & Disability Money Matters. If you need any help on those boards, do let me know.Please note that Ambassadors are not moderators. Any post you spot in breach of the Forum Rules should be reported via the report button , or by emailing forumteam@moneysavingexpert.com. All views are my own & not the official line of Money Saving Expert.

Lou~ Debt free Wanabe No 55 DF 03/14.**Credit card debt free 30/06/10~** MFW. Finally mortgage free O2/ 2021****
    "A large income is the best recipe for happiness I ever heard of" Jane Austen in Mansfield Park.

• kindofagilr
    kindofagilr Posts: 6,825 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post
    Hello :) you have been super busy since I have been on :) did you buy the scarf xx
    Debt £30,823.48/£44,856.56 ~ 06/02/21 - 31.28% Paid Off
    Mortgage (01/04/09 - 01/07/39)
    £79,515.99/£104,409.00 (as of 05/02/21) ~ 23.84% Paid Off

Lloyds (M) - £1196.93/£1296.93 ~ Next - £2653.79/£2700.46 ~ Mobile - £296.70/£323.78
    HSBC (H) -£5079.08/£5281.12 ~ HSBC (M) - £4512.19/£4714.23
    Barclays (H) - £4427.32/£4629.36 ~ Barclays (M) - £4013.78/£4215.82
    Halifax (H) - £4930.04/£5132.12 ~ Halifax (M) - £3708.65/£3911.20

Asda Savings - £0

POAMAYC 2021 #87 £1290.07 ~ 2020/£3669.48 ~ 2019/£10,615.18 ~ 2018/£13,912.57 ~ 2017/£10,380.18 ~ 2016/£7454.80

~ Emergency Savings: £0

My Debt Free Diary (Link)
  • teafor2
    Thanks WB, you too :) And I hope you're being extra careful when you're cooking :o xx

Ah Beanie, I'm glad you mentioned the library, I'd forgotten that was one of my plans when I started this diary. I picked up "This is going to hurt" and stood in the shop reading it for a few minutes but I know I'll have it read in a couple of days so didn't buy it.

K - I've not bought the scarf yet. The ones I like are from Debenhams and it'll be a couple of weeks before I get to town. I'm also trying to decide between 2 so I could do with the extra time :rotfl:

So, I didn't buy a book but I did buy a jigsaw and a small cross stitch. Both are things I really enjoy doing and will keep me busy for the next month of so. I just like having something to do when I've got a few minutes spare. Otherwise I find myself mindlessly wasting time on the internet - although it's never a waste of time on here I hasten to add :D That means I've got £23 left now. xx
  • beanielou
    Yes, I am a quick reader and very rarely buy books now xx

Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.1K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.2K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 607.8K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173K Life & Family
  • 247.8K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure
  • 15.9K Discuss & Feedback