Your browser isn't supported
It looks like you're using an old web browser. To get the most out of the site and to ensure guides display correctly, we suggest upgrading your browser now. Download the latest:

Welcome to the MSE Forums

We're home to a fantastic community of MoneySavers but anyone can post. Please exercise caution & report spam, illegal, offensive or libellous posts/messages: click "report" or email forumteam@.

Search
  • FIRST POST
    • Waves and Smiles
    • By Waves and Smiles 17th Mar 16, 4:23 PM
    • 5,211Posts
    • 22,327Thanks
    Waves and Smiles
    Here we can all be heard for a little while. Part 3
    • 17th Mar 16, 4:23 PM
    Here we can all be heard for a little while. Part 3 17th Mar 16 at 4:23 PM
    This thread is a continuation of The Mental Health thread “Here we can all be heard for a little while Part 2”. The previous thread can be found here-

http://forums.moneysavingexpert.com/showthread.php?t=5320917&page=501

I started the original thread when I was lonely and suffering with mental health issues and was lucky to find a wonderful group of amazing new friends who now mean the world to me. My name was Worried and Scared back then but with the help of everyone here I became Waves and Smiles. This thread is no longer just about me, it is about all of us and for anyone who needs mental health support, their carers and anyone who is interested in learning more. Sometimes we speak seriously, sometimes we offer gentle advice and a lot of the time we laugh together. Sometimes I write mini-novels about my experiences of living with complex mental illness. What is important is everyone here is there for each other. New posters are welcome to join in, or just lurk (we call them humming birds because they hover!) if they would prefer. This is a place without judgement or pressure, and a safe place for everyone. We try to keep abbreviations to a minimum but if there are some that you do not understand please ask.

Sir Pugliet is our Good Mental Health pug! You may notice that he is mentioned from time to time, he is a little cuddly pug toy that was sent to me by a friend on the thread. He is something of a celebrity now!

Hugs and warm handshakes, or finger squishes, whichever you prefer.

Also, please take a look at the following links which offer great advice written by the lovely people at MSE!

http://www.moneysavingexpert.com/news/family/2016/03/martin-lewis-launches-new-money--mental-health-policy-institute

http://blog.moneysavingexpert.com/2016/05/16/the-money-and-mental-health-policy-institute-whatll-it-really-do

http://www.moneysavingexpert.com/credit-cards/mental-health-guide
    Last edited by Waves and Smiles; 17-05-2016 at 9:29 AM.
    Until one has loved an animal a part of one's soul remains unawakened - Anatole France

If I knew that the world would end tomorrow, I would still plant apple trees today - Martin Luther King
Page 552
    • jobbingmusician
    • By jobbingmusician 19th Apr 19, 5:42 PM
    • 19,522 Posts
    • 20,267 Thanks
    jobbingmusician
    The other thing is that if he says anything you're a bit worried about, you can always post on here and we will give you a reality check, with lots of virtual hugs as an added extra (((((WaS)))))

(((((Pyxis))))) - it's not like you to be so quiet so here are some special hugs.

Ooo and we haven't heard from elsien for a long time (((((elsien)))))
    I'm the Board Guide on the Matched Betting; Referrers and Jobseeking & Training boards. I'm a volunteer to help the boards run smoothly, and I can move and merge posts there. Board guides are not moderators and don't read every post. If you spot an illegal or inappropriate post then please report it to forumteam@moneysavingexpert.com (it's not part of my role to deal with this). Any views are mine and not the official line of MoneySavingExpert.com.

The good folk of the matched betting board are now (I hope!) supporting Macmillan, in memory of Fifigrace. Visit
    https://www.gofundme.com/running-the-leeds-10k-for-macmillan
    • Waves and Smiles
    • By Waves and Smiles 19th Apr 19, 6:09 PM
    • 5,211 Posts
    • 22,327 Thanks
    Waves and Smiles
    Thank you all so much. They have given me a lot of warning that he will say some odd things but he is completely convincing because he believes it? After the poison phone call I was thinking ok, hes psychotic but a tiny little voice was saying or is he? Suppose the oxygen has been tampered with? I think I can handle it, it's just that I have my own spells throughout the day of weird thoughts and I don't need encouragement!

I will post anything I might have doubts about when I get back. If it's cherries in a toolbox I can easily work out that isn't real so hopefully it stays with things like that.
    Until one has loved an animal a part of one's soul remains unawakened - Anatole France

If I knew that the world would end tomorrow, I would still plant apple trees today - Martin Luther King
    • mellymoo74
    • By mellymoo74 19th Apr 19, 7:16 PM
    • 5,984 Posts
    • 13,819 Thanks
    mellymoo74
    WaS some of OHs
    Someone jumped out of window and and they brought the body up in carrier bags and shared the families Christmas decorations.

The family paid the doctors in a brown envelope to get him fixed fastet

The doctors were harvesting limbs

The note to yourself is a really good idea
    And even without the psy you will need a break xxx
    • Waves and Smiles
    • By Waves and Smiles 19th Apr 19, 8:38 PM
    • 5,211 Posts
    • 22,327 Thanks
    Waves and Smiles
    Eeeep! Hope that wasn't scary for you Mel. I am trying to keep an open mind about what to expect tomorrow!

• mellymoo74
    • By mellymoo74 19th Apr 19, 10:55 PM
    • 5,984 Posts
    • 13,819 Thanks
    mellymoo74
    Common ones are
    Bing held on board a ship (the beeps)
    Being held in an aircraft hanger

I don't want to scare you but I also want you to be fully prepared.
    Hopefully he will move to a renal ward. I just remembered that bladder infections cn cause delusions I wonder if kidney function can as well.
    A lovely man was opposite OH on the ward and he believed he was a curate/JP and the hospital had kidnapped him, he kept getting OH to call his family.

It will be fine honest, you are a hell of a lot stronger than you think xxxx
    • dandy-candy
    • By dandy-candy 20th Apr 19, 2:11 PM
    • 1,914 Posts
    • 10,121 Thanks
    dandy-candy

Dandy - very good luck with your new counsellor!
    Originally posted by jobbingmusician
    It’s actually my old one I’m seeing again, fingers crossed she is helpful this time. She can be a bit hit or miss.

WaS - thinking of you, hope the visit goes well x

Hugs to all in need x
    • calleyw
    • By calleyw 20th Apr 19, 4:02 PM
    • 9,034 Posts
    • 16,605 Thanks
    calleyw
    Afternoon my lovelies,

Hugs and squishes and handshakes all round.

Hope everyone is keep hydrated and out the sun.

News this end is still no op. It more frustrating than anything else as we can't begin to work stuff out like how long off of work, before AM can drive again etc

WaS hope your visit went well today.

Everyone take care

Yours

Calley x
    Hope for everything and expect nothing!!!

Good enough is almost always good enough -Prof Barry Schwartz

If it scares you, it might be a good thing to try -Seth Godin
    • dandy-candy
    • By dandy-candy 20th Apr 19, 4:36 PM
    • 1,914 Posts
    • 10,121 Thanks
    dandy-candy
    Calleyw - it might be that the hospital is running on a skeleton staff over the holiday weekend. Hopefully they will do it next week, he’s not having any pain is he?
    • Waves and Smiles
    • By Waves and Smiles 20th Apr 19, 6:25 PM
    • 5,211 Posts
    • 22,327 Thanks
    Waves and Smiles
    I am back from visiting WaSp. He was very odd and very depressed for the first hour and then cheered up in the last two. When I walked onto the ward he hugged me and burst into tears which is very unlike him and not normal for our relationship, we tend to tease and joke our way through things. We don't do the honest emotion thing!

Much to my surprise he remembers nothing about going to hospital? He was terrified because he doesn't remember asking me to call an ambulance or being in A&E with me at all. As far as he knows he was at home then in ITU on a ventilator, he didn't even know where the hospital was located. No wonder he was scared! He was also too paranoid to ask the staff any questions so he has been totally confused for 48 hours. He kept saying I trust no one but you, I'm scared. It was heartbreaking.

I also asked if I could see a consultant privately while I was there and luckily the one who called me at 5am was working. They have WaSp on an antipsychotic now to try to help with the steroid psychosis and will be reducing the steroids from next Wednesday so everything crossed the psychosis goes away. They are giving him medication to support his lungs but he no longer needs oxygen thankfully. He starts an immunosuppressent next week which will help stop the vasculitis.

I said I will go back Tuesday because I just can't leave him alone in that state.

• jobbingmusician
    • By jobbingmusician 20th Apr 19, 6:32 PM
    • 19,522 Posts
    • 20,267 Thanks
    jobbingmusician
    It's probably worth contacting the hospital and seeing if they can organise a minibus ambulance type thing for Tuesday. Sorry, this must have been really upsetting for you, but on balance I think it sounds like good news and it does sound as if WaSP is getting better. I hope you feel that too! xxxx
    I'm the Board Guide on the Matched Betting; Referrers and Jobseeking & Training boards. I'm a volunteer to help the boards run smoothly, and I can move and merge posts there. Board guides are not moderators and don't read every post. If you spot an illegal or inappropriate post then please report it to forumteam@moneysavingexpert.com (it's not part of my role to deal with this). Any views are mine and not the official line of MoneySavingExpert.com.

The good folk of the matched betting board are now (I hope!) supporting Macmillan, in memory of Fifigrace. Visit
    • Waves and Smiles
    • By Waves and Smiles 20th Apr 19, 6:45 PM
    • 5,211 Posts
    • 22,327 Thanks
    Waves and Smiles
    I will have a chat with them although everyone seems to have taken easter weekend off other than the consultant. Physically he's getting better, he has lost a lot of weight in a very short time. But his lungs are functioning better, now to get his kidneys to start working.

On an amusing note I am so used to dealing with medical professionals for myself that I am automatically way too open with them. When the consultant told me WaSp was on antipsychotics without thinking I said "Oh, I take Chlorpromazine, what one is he on?" The consultant just stared at me for a moment so I quickly followed up with "But I'm quite safe!"

• dandy-candy
    • By dandy-candy 20th Apr 19, 9:49 PM
    • 1,914 Posts
    • 10,121 Thanks
    dandy-candy
    I agree with JM, it sounds like a definite improvement. I expect his memory will come back of it all once his drugs are reduced. Poor guy, he’s really been through the mill, it sounds like your visit perked him up though.

I’m glad you got a chance to chat to the consultant too, you made me chuckle with your meds comment! Well done for coping so well WaS
    • calleyw
    • By calleyw 20th Apr 19, 9:53 PM
    • 9,034 Posts
    • 16,605 Thanks
    calleyw
    Calleyw - it might be that the hospital is running on a skeleton staff over the holiday weekend. Hopefully they will do it next week, hes not having any pain is he?
    Originally posted by dandy-candy

Dandy-candy,

Sadly not due to the holiday weekend. They have trauma surgery everyday including weekends. it just depends what has come in over night. If its stuff such as hips then they get on the list as they need to stay in until they operated on. So take up a bed hence the quickness of surgery. AM is stable as they have put a cast on and sent him home. AM has been on the list since tuesday.

We just have to wait. As I said more frustrating then anything else. We understand that more serious conditions take priority. He gets discomfort but has pain killers.

Yours

Calley x

• Waves and Smiles
    • By Waves and Smiles 20th Apr 19, 10:52 PM
    • 5,211 Posts
    • 22,327 Thanks
    Waves and Smiles
    I haven't even said Happy Easter to everyone. Happy Easter!

I took WaSp an easter egg and gave the staff a pack of 12 creme eggs to share between them. I bought rather a lot of creme eggs for myself too.

Hope everyone has a good weekend and can enjoy the hot weather!

• calleyw
    • By calleyw 21st Apr 19, 9:56 AM
    • 9,034 Posts
    • 16,605 Thanks
    calleyw
    Happy easter everyone.

Hug and squishes and handshakes all round.

Please stay safe in this weather. Keep in the shade, drink plenty of fluids and enjoy your easter eggs. probably best to keep them in the fridge today.

Now have a poorly dog. left two very nice presents on the kitchen floor this morning. Its crappy carpet because I have those delightful tiles that have asbestos in them. I know the risk is low from normal daily activity. But its one of my triggers. So hence a carpet that is 15 years + old.

Suppose to be having a BBQ if I can get it out the shed laterhad one yesterday at AM's parents. Went to get some bit and pieces and my fave drink from a local mid size supermarket. Would have thought the apocalypse was coming. Had to queue to get out took nearly 15 mins then I checked the till receipt later in the day and I had not been charged for the hot dog buns I bought!!!!

Also remember only the little corner shop type places will be open today due to the law.

Enjoy today

Yours

Calley x

• Waves and Smiles
    • By Waves and Smiles 21st Apr 19, 3:11 PM
    • 5,211 Posts
    • 22,327 Thanks
    Waves and Smiles
    Hopefull you have a BBQ right now Calley! Hope doggie feels better!

My visit to WaSp yesterday seems to have helped. The nurse said he is brighter today and cooperating with everything. I do think a big part of the problem was that he couldn't remember why he was in hospital or how he got there, he isn't scared now.

Also in really good news, he has a tiny bit of kidney function! They aren't sure how much better it will get but it's an improvement on total renal failure. I will be going to visit on Tuesday with my favourite driver who collects me from the ward.
    Last edited by Waves and Smiles; Yesterday at 3:13 PM.

• dandy-candy
    • By dandy-candy 21st Apr 19, 4:46 PM
    • 1,914 Posts
    • 10,121 Thanks
    dandy-candy
    WaS - great that WaSp is a little better today

Calleyw- I hope the BBQ goes well.

I got a message from my therapist letting me know her fee has gone up from 50 to 70 for 50 minutes I'm quite tempted to cancel especially as I've remembered last time I got rubbish advice - some of you might remember her telling me to buy a dog :/

I was very low last week though so I might go to see if she has any pearls of wisdom for me and if not I'll delete her number so I can't make more appointments.
    • jobbingmusician
    • By jobbingmusician 21st Apr 19, 6:16 PM
    • 19,522 Posts
    • 20,267 Thanks
    jobbingmusician
    WaS - that is GREAT news, on both fronts. Everything crossed here that more and more renal function comes back. And yes, poor WaSP must have been terrified, not remembering how he got there.

dandy - I think 70 is taking the p somewhat, especially if she is giving advice! I'm rather shocked that a therapist would make suggestions (I think I said so at the time!) Does your local Mind do subsidised therapy at all? Some do, or may know of local affordable providers. It's quite a good strategy to visit her while you are thinking what to do, though xxx

• calleyw
    • By calleyw 21st Apr 19, 9:19 PM
    • 9,034 Posts
    • 16,605 Thanks
    calleyw
    Thank you we did have a BBQ and it went well.

We pulled out the gas one and it was mouldy so fell back to the charcoal one I have. Had to go and buy fire lighters and charcoal

Still no op. So onwards and upwards is all we can do.

Had my ex around for the BBQ. As he has no car and no buses he would have been stuck at home today. So I collected him. When I took him home he had a melt down. Think everything is getting to much for him at the moment. So back to the dr's tuesday to get some meds.

I am tired. Might be due to the waking up at 2.30 this morning and not getting back to sleep until nearly 5am. Also having to support two people. When I was out with my ex and AM the other day, it was according to AM like herding cats

Hope everyone had a nice day no matter what they did. Don't forget to have a glass of water before you go to bed. As I bet nobody drank enough fluids today. And that you do get some rest tonight.

Yours

Calley x

Welcome to our new Forum!

Our aim is to save you money quickly and easily. We hope you like it!

Forum Team Contact us

Live Stats

703Posts Today

5,381Users online

Martin's Twitter
  • Have a great Easter, or a chag sameach to those like me attending Passover seder tomorrow. I?m taking all of next? https://t.co/qrAFTIpqWl

• RT @rowlyc1980: A whopping 18 days off work for only 9 days leave! I?ll have a bit of that please......thanks @MartinSLewis for your crafty?

• RT @dinokyp: That feeling when you realise that you have 18 days of work and only used 9 days of your annual leave! Thanks @MartinSLewis h?

• Follow Martin