Best Fare Travelling Just Outside London

2»

Comments

• agrinnall
    agrinnall Posts: 23,344 Forumite
    First Post Combo Breaker
    Given the age range (does the person not know how old they are?) they should look into whether a 16-25 railcard will help to bring the cost down.
  • tehone
    tehone Posts: 640 Forumite
    First Post Name Dropper First Anniversary
    zagubov wrote: »
    Thanks guys - from what you've told me I can see the best option will be a weekly travelcard plus a season ticket between the Surrey town and the Oyster zone boundary.

You should be able to get that as one ticket for example if we assume Woking is the town, you could buy a Woking-Zones 3-6 Travelcard

Also don't forget as travel starts on SWR if your journey is delayed by 15 mins or more then to claim delay repay - in an average week I'd be surprised if you weren't delayed at least twice - and factor that in when working out travel times as you don't want to be consistently late for work!
  • silvercar
    silvercar Posts: 46,942 Ambassador
    Academoney Grad Name Dropper Photogenic First Anniversary
    I suggest posting on the rail forums for expert advice:

https://www.railforums.co.uk/forums/fares-advice-policy.105/
    I'm a Forum Ambassador on The Coronavirus Boards as well as the housing, mortgages and student money saving boards. I volunteer to help get your forum questions answered and keep the forum running smoothly. Forum Ambassadors are not moderators and don't read every post. If you spot an illegal or inappropriate post then please report it to forumteam@moneysavingexpert.com (it's not part of my role to deal with this). Any views are mine and not the official line of MoneySavingExpert.com.
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.1K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.6K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.2K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 607.8K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173K Life & Family
  • 247.8K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure