Yodel - shockingly bad - email address anyone?

1606162636466»

Comments

• custardy
    custardy Posts: 38,365
    Name Dropper Photogenic First Post First Anniversary
    Forumite
    Bedsit_Bob wrote: »
    I don't do Twitter.

Enjoy your long wait on an email reply then :beer:
  • cfw1994
    cfw1994 Posts: 1,860
    Hung up my suit! First Post Name Dropper Photogenic
    Forumite
    Yodel don't do twitter either: they have a pinned tweet saying "If you need to get in touch then DM us here", & then they completely ignore messages!

I too rang their number yesterday.....eventually got a mobile to call (the actual van person!).
    Of course that number rings off without being picked up, despite me trying yesterday during their work hours :doh:

All I want to do is avoid the fiasco I endured with DPD the other day: now Yodel have a package for me that needs signing, but all the options on their page are greyed out.

Pretty infuriating :mad:

Why are delivery companies so shocking at their business these days?
    Plan for tomorrow, enjoy today!
  • letsbehonest
    letsbehonest Posts: 1,098
    First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Forumite
    Ahhh the Yodel moan, they are woefully rubbish but sadly when buying on line you cannot select your prefered courier. In my case parcels delivered elsewhere’s parcels and elsewhere delivered to my address. Nearly all the drivers are eastern european and speak bad English some cant even read or understand their satnav. Yoda must be at fault for not checking out their drivers, it seems if you have a driving license then you can work for them.
    I have started to ask retailers whom I buy from not to use Yodel. Perhaps all aggreived people should do the same.
    "Imagination is more Important than knowledge"
  • London50
    London50 Posts: 1,850
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary
    Forumite
    Never had a problem with Yodel {perhaps I am just one of the lucky ones}. Today I had 300 litres of compost delivered {only ordered on Sunday}by a happy and smiling driver.
    I do feel sorry for the people on here that have bad or non deliveries and the hassle connected with it but I speak as I find :0)
  • custardy wrote: »
    Enjoy your long wait on an email reply then :beer:

Actually I got a reply quite quickly.

I asked them to have the driver put the package through the letter box, or leave it with a neighbour.

Arrived home that evening, and it was behind my front door.

I wonder why they didn't post it on the first visit :think:
  • grayme-m
    grayme-m Posts: 1,484
    Name Dropper First Anniversary Combo Breaker First Post
    Forumite
    Have you in effect waved the right to pursue non delivery by asking them to deliver without a signature?
    Toyota - 'Always a better way', avoid buying Toyota.
  • Amazon and Royal Mail deliver without a signature all the time.

Besides, the parcel was about £20 worth of electrical components, so not the end of the world if they went missing.
  • sheramber
    sheramber Posts: 18,869
    First Anniversary I've been Money Tipped! First Post Name Dropper
    Forumite
    The company sending the item are responsible until it is delivered to you.

The company sending your item wanted a signature as proof of delivery and paid extra for that.. If the courier had put it through the wrong door you would have no come back with the company.

Other companies are prepared to take the risk rather than pay the extra.
  • DCFC79
    DCFC79 Posts: 40,598
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post
    Forumite
    Ive not had an issue with Yodel in the past but today was my first bad experience with them. I was out and the driver had a parcel for me so left a card and decided to leave it by the back door but as there's a fence he must have threw it over the fence, luckily it wasn't glass/fragile.
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 342.5K Banking & Borrowing
  • 249.9K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.4K Spending & Discounts
  • 234.6K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 607.1K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 172.8K Life & Family
  • 247.4K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure