Your browser isn't supported
It looks like you're using an old web browser. To get the most out of the site and to ensure guides display correctly, we suggest upgrading your browser now. Download the latest:

Welcome to the MSE Forums

We're home to a fantastic community of MoneySavers but anyone can post. Please exercise caution & report spam, illegal, offensive or libellous posts/messages: click "report" or email forumteam@.

Search
  • FIRST POST
    • xpc
    • By xpc 5th Mar 19, 8:53 AM
    • 64Posts
    • 49Thanks
    xpc
    IPSE Rewards Query
    • 5th Mar 19, 8:53 AM
    IPSE Rewards Query 5th Mar 19 at 8:53 AM
    Hi, does anyone know how IPSE Rewards voucher purchases are processed by credit card companies?
    I am considering buying vouchers for the discount but cannot see if it would be classed as a cash transaction by credit card companies so not sure if I need to use a debit card.

EDIT: After speaking with the contact team via email it seems that their finance department advise that these are considered cash like transactions so it seems a debit card is the way to go.
    Last edited by xpc; 05-03-2019 at 12:23 PM. Reason: Added response.
Page 1
    • xpc
    • By xpc 10th Apr 19, 7:56 AM
    • 64 Posts
    • 49 Thanks
    xpc
    • 10th Apr 19, 7:56 AM
    • 10th Apr 19, 7:56 AM
    In case anyone is interested.

I went ahead with the purchase on a Halifax credit card and can confirm that interest is not charged on the purchase, it is treated as an online purchase and not a cash transaction.
    I assume the response I got from the contact team was to cover themselves as they were not sure how these would be treated.
    • Savvy_Sue
    • By Savvy_Sue 10th Apr 19, 6:21 PM
    • 40,096 Posts
    • 37,463 Thanks
    Savvy_Sue
    • 10th Apr 19, 6:21 PM
    • 10th Apr 19, 6:21 PM
    Might it vary from one credit card to another?
    Still knitting!
    Completed: TWO adult cardigans, 3 baby jumpers, 3 shawls, 1 sweat band, 3 pairs baby bootees, 2 sets of handwarmers, 1 Wise Man Knitivity figure + 1 sheep, 2 pairs socks, 3 balaclavas, multiple hats and poppies, 3 peony flowers, 4 butterflies ...
    Current projects: pink balaclava (for myself), seaman's hat, about to start another cardigan!
    • xpc
    • By xpc 12th Apr 19, 11:11 AM
    • 64 Posts
    • 49 Thanks
    xpc
    • 12th Apr 19, 11:11 AM
    • 12th Apr 19, 11:11 AM
    Might it vary from one credit card to another?
    Originally posted by Savvy_Sue

I'm not entirely certain, but would not expect it to vary as I believe the codes used for transactions are standard so think all card providers would treat this the same way.
Welcome to our new Forum!

Our aim is to save you money quickly and easily. We hope you like it!

Forum Team Contact us

Live Stats

87Posts Today

1,859Users online

Martin's Twitter