Change is gonna come....

Comments

• beanielou
    beanielou Posts: 90,249 Ambassador
    Academoney Grad I'm a Volunteer Ambassador Mortgage-free Glee! Name Dropper
    & glad that you are feeling more upbeat :)
    I am a Forum Ambassador and I support the Forum Team on Mortgage Free Wannabe & Local Money Saving Scotland & Disability Money Matters. If you need any help on those boards, do let me know.Please note that Ambassadors are not moderators. Any post you spot in breach of the Forum Rules should be reported via the report button , or by emailing forumteam@moneysavingexpert.com. All views are my own & not the official line of Money Saving Expert.

Lou~ Debt free Wanabe No 55 DF 03/14.**Credit card debt free 30/06/10~** MFW. Finally mortgage free O2/ 2021****
    "A large income is the best recipe for happiness I ever heard of" Jane Austen in Mansfield Park.

***Fall down seven times,stand up eight*** ~~Japanese proverb.
    ***Keep plodding*** Out of debt, out of danger. ***Be the difference.***
    One debt remaining. Home improvement loan.
  • Many thanks Beanielou, sometimes you just need to hear it from someone else :)
  • jwil
    jwil Posts: 19,090 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper Photogenic First Post
    You can always go self managed again in the future if you get to a point where you want to offer F&F. Now that mine is set up, I only hear from creditors when they want a review or send an annual statement. It's quite weird (but nice!) never getting any post.
    "If you can dream it, you can do it". Walt Disney
  • Thanks jwil, always good to get another opinion. I go through blips of having no confidence in myself - all part of my depression and anxiety. Honestly, I can be so low one day and then on top of the world the next. It's quite scary. That's how I got into debt - always thinking I needed to give more to my family, not to worry, I can afford it, and then wallop big debts I can't pay. One minute I'm feeling down for getting in to this mess and the next I feel upbeat because I am doing something about it. I dunno - no wonder I can't make a decision.
    Thank you all for your advice - means a lot to me.
  • beanielou
    As another worrier I so know where you are coming from.
    We can do this :)
    I am a Forum Ambassador and I support the Forum Team on Mortgage Free Wannabe & Local Money Saving Scotland & Disability Money Matters. If you need any help on those boards, do let me know.Please note that Ambassadors are not moderators. Any post you spot in breach of the Forum Rules should be reported via the report button , or by emailing forumteam@moneysavingexpert.com. All views are my own & not the official line of Money Saving Expert.

Lou~ Debt free Wanabe No 55 DF 03/14.**Credit card debt free 30/06/10~** MFW. Finally mortgage free O2/ 2021****
    "A large income is the best recipe for happiness I ever heard of" Jane Austen in Mansfield Park.

• Hey Beanielou, thank you. I'm grateful for your support. Thinking that August will bring a refreshed me. Time off from work coming up and just realising how lucky I am to have a good life makes me put things into perspective. I won't let the debt get the better of me but I just use it as something else to beat me up with.
    Take care all.
  • Hello all - well the sun has made it's way out down in the South. I have just spent some of my lunch hour reading back through my diary and what I misery I am - oh dear I feel like I am turning into that person you don't want to spend time with - you know the one!:o. I really am not usually this depressing (well I don't think I am, could explain the fact I don't have many close friends though ??)
    I said it last night, August is knocking on the door and with it will bring a fresh new me. On reading your diaries I have also realised that I don't do anything much, apart from work and then house stuff. I read of you going on lovely walks, time at the park etc and I think why am I not getting off my behind and getting some lovely evening air in my lungs before bed, or even as soon as I finish work, to walk all the stresses off. I'm making a promise to myself that I am going to do this - it's good for the brain and body - and my brain and body need all the help they can get :rotfl:
    If you're still there, thanks for sticking with me...
    Happier posts will follow - wishing you all a great rest of the day
  • I promise myself I will motivate myself to be a bit more active but its hard when you work a long day and you also want to relax

I get anxious and depressive aswell but do feel much better for getting out and about in the fresh air.
    seeing all of the lovely free things in this world like nature is very uplifting and does remind me that there is much to be grateful for if we just look around.

I guess I find it helps "stop the rot" with the down days x
  • beanielou
    Have you thought of trying yoga in the evening?
    A wee bit of exercise & some relaxation?

• jwil
    jwil Posts: 19,090 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper Photogenic First Post
    I'm always moaning on my diary, it's a good place to vent.

I always feel better when I make the effort to do something, however, I've often had enough by the evening.
    "If you can dream it, you can do it". Walt Disney
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 247.9K Travel & Transport