Travelling On

Options

Comments

• Karmacat
    Karmacat Posts: 39,460 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary
    Options
    I did, thank you beanie - I even chopped and fried some onions. I can't tell you how rarely this gets done :o And I had a bit of a walk, following a local stream. I've never lived anywhere with so many streams :)
    2023: the year I get to buy a car
  • themadvix
    themadvix Posts: 7,897 Forumite
    Mortgage-free Glee! Photogenic First Anniversary Name Dropper
    Options
    Sounds like a lovely day :) Sun is out here again today, is it with you?
    Mortgage free 16/06/2023! £132,500 cleared in 11 years, 3 months and 7 days

'Now is no time to think of what you do not have. Think of what you can do with what there is.' Ernest Hemingway

• [Deleted User]
    Options
    Karmacat wrote: »
    I did, thank you beanie - I even chopped and fried some onions. I can't tell you how rarely this gets done :o And I had a bit of a walk, following a local stream. I've never lived anywhere with so many streams :)

Your walk sounds lovely:j. The footpaths round here are still waterlogged so we haven't been for any walks this past week. The sunshine and blue sky is very inviting this morning though:j

What do you do with the fried onions, KC? Do you refrigerate or freeze them once they're fried? We love onions and grow lots of them every year. OH strings them up and stores them in the garage but I never seem to be able to use them all before the next crop is ready:eek:. That's because even at my ripe old age I'm not sure of the best way to store them after I've cooked them:o. I'm very short of freezer space at the moment after my old chest freezer went to the tip:(
  • Karmacat
    Options
    :wave::wave::wave:
    themadvix wrote: »
    Sounds like a lovely day :) Sun is out here again today, is it with you?
    Yep, it is - and at last it was good enough to go back to the council-run Healthy Walk - just half an hour, and I don't join in the coffee afterwards at a local pub, but it feels good to me.
    Your walk sounds lovely:j. The footpaths round here are still waterlogged so we haven't been for any walks this past week. The sunshine and blue sky is very inviting this morning though:j
    I didn't say there was no waterlogging :rotfl: I was stamping around afterwards to get the worst off my soles. But it wasn't too bad, to be fair - I was hopping from dry bit to dry bit, for the most part :rotfl:
    What do you do with the fried onions, KC? Do you refrigerate or freeze them once they're fried? We love onions and grow lots of them every year. OH strings them up and stores them in the garage but I never seem to be able to use them all before the next crop is ready:eek:. That's because even at my ripe old age I'm not sure of the best way to store them after I've cooked them:o. I'm very short of freezer space at the moment after my old chest freezer went to the tip:(
    I chucked them in with some lentils I was doing - they'll do 2 or 3 days. What a shame you don't use all yours! As I get energy I'll be using more - I'd aim to have onions every day, they're the basis of so much, and they're really healthy.

Storing *after* cooking - well, sadly, I'm with you! I don't really trust my freezer, frozen broccoli smells bad after a week or so unless I put it on very cold, and then the fridge freezes too. It's all a bit hit and miss, I think. I'm experimenting with dehydrating some sprouts at the moment :eek: £1 a kilo frozen, in Waitrose. We'll see :cool:
  • Karmacat
    Options
    I had a bonfire in my little incinerator :j:j:j

GQ on Old Style reminded me of the wigwam effect of stacking branches, and it really worked - though to be fair, it was quite dry anyway, but it was all a lot easier to access.

Anyway, I now have inches deep of ashes, even though there's still a lot more to burn. I'm really chuffed :)
  • pinkypig
    pinkypig Posts: 1,814 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper Photogenic First Post
    Options
    Hiya Karma, hope you're well:D. Great news on the end of the French mortgage being in sight. Have a great week xx
    Original mortgage £112,000 . Final payment due August 2027.
    Mortgage neutral achieved August 2020 - 7 years early!!!
  • Karmacat
    Options
    Hi PP, I'm good thanks, tidying is finally starting to pay dividends, scanning like crazy, had a walk in the sun at lunchtime, plotting and planning holidays and days out :)

Oh, a confession: I took my eye off the ball a bit, and I was a day late paying my credit card - £12 automatic fine, it says :( mea culpa.
  • wishingthemortgaheaway
    Options
    Oh no, boo to the late payment charge.

However, I am slightly jealous of
    Your sun, only
    Doom & gloom in the rainy
    North west today.
    Outstanding mortgage: £23,181 (December 19)
    MFW 2020 Challenge Member #10 0/£2318
  • beanielou
    beanielou Posts: 90,271 Ambassador
    Academoney Grad I'm a Volunteer Ambassador Mortgage-free Glee! Name Dropper
    Options
    I would phone up the CC peeps & ask them to waive it.
    You are a good custmer blah blah.
    Worth a try?
    I am a Forum Ambassador and I support the Forum Team on Mortgage Free Wannabe & Local Money Saving Scotland & Disability Money Matters. If you need any help on those boards, do let me know.Please note that Ambassadors are not moderators. Any post you spot in breach of the Forum Rules should be reported via the report button , or by emailing forumteam@moneysavingexpert.com. All views are my own & not the official line of Money Saving Expert.

Lou~ Debt free Wanabe No 55 DF 03/14.**Credit card debt free 30/06/10~** MFW. Finally mortgage free O2/ 2021****
    "A large income is the best recipe for happiness I ever heard of" Jane Austen in Mansfield Park.

***Fall down seven times,stand up eight*** ~~Japanese proverb.
    ***Keep plodding*** Out of debt, out of danger. ***Be the difference.***
    One debt remaining. Home improvement loan.
  • themadvix
    themadvix Posts: 7,897 Forumite
    Mortgage-free Glee! Photogenic First Anniversary Name Dropper
    Options
    Agree with Beanie - nothing to lose and everything to gain, especially if they might have marked your credit rating? (I've no idea, but assume this might happen?)

Lucky you with sun yesterday! Peeing it down here again this morning.... spring was lovely, while it lasted! :rotfl:
    Mortgage free 16/06/2023! £132,500 cleared in 11 years, 3 months and 7 days

'Now is no time to think of what you do not have. Think of what you can do with what there is.' Ernest Hemingway

Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.1K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 247.9K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure
  • 15.9K Discuss & Feedback