PLEASE READ BEFORE POSTING

Hello Forumites! However well-intentioned, for the safety of other users we ask that you refrain from seeking or offering medical advice. This includes recommendations for medicines, procedures or over-the-counter remedies. Posts or threads found to be in breach of this rule will be removed.

2018 - No Clutter To Be Seen

Options

Comments

• Rootle
    Rootle Posts: 191 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post
    Options
    22/52 - a few Cherished Teddies collectibles to the CS (plus a dud toothbrush and washing up pad used to clean up the teddies binned).
  • Mrs_Salad_Dodger
    Options
    1. IF I NOTICE SOME SMALL TASK NEEDS DOING - I WILL DO IT IMMEDIATELY

2. I WILL LEAVE A ROOM TIDIER THAN WHEN I WENT IN - WITHOUT HIDING THE CLUTTER EXCEPT for the wardrobe room which is currently the storage room (sr)

Rootle, what a lovely donation :T & I see you are keeping on track :T

Saver-upper, surprising how keeping things tidy helps you feel better even if the decluttering is a bit stalled :rotfl: Unfotunately I cannot lay claim to the mantras :o - if I find something I can use, I appropriate it & it really helps me focus :D The Slob Lady blog is great for this :rotfl:
    Perhaps the other 5 members of the family should each have a ‘chore chart’ & the one who completes the most chores gets to choose what’s for dinner one night a month :rotfl: As my house still looks like a warehouse, I am still the only one who picks up & tidies - Although DH is gradually sorting out his ‘Office of Doom’ :T DSis is so frightened I will nab her plate & wash it up before she has seconds, that she doesn’t put it down :rotfl::rotfl:

You have done really well on your decluttering :T:j & I love it that you can measure how well you have done by the number of empty plastic boxes :D Re the boxes, is it possible to sneak any out & use them as your cs donation boxes :D or has your partner counted them :eek: OR if you have a teeny, tiny wicked streak ;) perhaps put some of your partner’s stuff in the crates & not label them :p;) - might concentrate the mind :D

As it was so hot again today I have just pottered - made bed, swept kitchen, kept on top of the washing up, vacuumed the sofas & swapped round the sofa cushions - to get even wear :D, indoor bins emptied into appropriate wheelie bins, been shopping & put it all away + have completely sorted my freezer including merging certain foodstuffs & had a teeny look in the fridge :D

So

B878 - B879 Small plastic pots with mouldy food - binned
    B880 - B884 Non recyclable plastic bags - binned
    B885 - B887 Non recyclable plastic packaging & trays - binned
    B888 - B902 Plastic bag, uu deodorant tin, 4 ice cream boxes flattened, plastic pot, 3 plastic boxes rinsed (the contents were heated up as a quick snack :rotfl:), magazine, plastic milk carton rinsed out, large delivery box broken down & 2 large delivery boxes (left intact & just flattened) - ALL RECYCLED
    B903 Small lidded sturdy plastic pot - cs

DH& DSis are currently putting together all the shelving & storage units that were delivered today - one completed, one being put together & then two more to go (but in FOUR boxes :eek:). Apparently everything was measured out so it should all fit :eek: but not sure DSis will be able to move around :eek:

I have a bit of washing up to do then I will complete my puzzle magazine & send off my entry form :D & make dinner in a little while.

Having bored you all to tears, I will love you & leave you :D

MrsSD
    B903/B2918
    Be Kind. Stay Safe. Break the Chain. Save Lives. 

2024 Savings Pot Challenge: As a monthly amount, running total = £116.85
    Jan £5; Feb £13; Mch £25; Apr £31:65; May £42.20; Jun £??; July £??; Aug £??; Sep £??; Oct £??; Nov £??; Dec £??.  Grand Total £??
  • Fiasco55
    Fiasco55 Posts: 1,347 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    edited 10 June 2018 at 7:47PM
    Options
    The decluttered battle continued today.

2841-2844. DVDs sold
    2845. Chopping board set sold
    2846-2847. Games sold
    2848-2853. Shoes donated to cs
    2854. Toy donated to cs
    2855. Notepad used up
    2856. Micropore tape used up
    2857. Deodorant used up
    2858-2867. Bottles recycled
    2868-2869. Magazines recycled
    No buying toiletries Graduated May 2017
    Decluttered 2016 2469 items, 2017 1580 items :j
    2018 3060 items
    Sealed Pot Challenge No 038
  • villagelife
    villagelife Posts: 3,047 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post
    Options
    End of yesterday and today
    760-761 sachets of moisturiser and face cream used up
    762- 765 boxes recycled
    766 bottle from DS2 room binned
    767 magazine given to DH for his work.

I'm doing well in leaving room tidier and feel I should now do as MrsSD does and do small tasks immediately.
  • basketcase
    basketcase Posts: 1,106 Forumite
    First Post Name Dropper First Anniversary
    Options
    Hi there all!

Back for a flying visit, as I've got to get ready, get out and catch a bus to Glasgow shortly. Congratulations on the decluttering. Everybody's been doing so well.

Since last posting, I've managed to keep up with the S&S+1s and most of the laundry's done. Still got the ironing to do, but not too bad.

Decluttering has fallen by the wayside a bit. Partly because of the ankle - which, despite the gloomy prophecies from A&E, isn't too bad. I'm not trying any ladders yet, though.

The other reason is that there's been a bit of recluttering going on. For a very happy reason. DD has got a job for the summer. :j:beer::j She starts today, but we've spent the last few days sorting the stuff she needs to take with her - unvacuuming clothes etc. I'm so pleased for her.

Anyway, must dash. Only managed a paltry amount of decluttering. Still, better than nothing...

Recycling, 2.5lbs
    Totals

Day’s Total 2.5lbs
    Running total 1385.5lbs

Have fun decluttering!
    A budget is like a speed sign - a LIMIT not a TARGET!!

CHALLENGES
    2024 Grocery Challenge: Q1 £37.83/£660
    2024 NSDs: Jan 1/12
    2024 Decluttering 24 containers/month: Jan 10/24
    Weight Loss: 0/24lbs
    2024 Fashion on the Ration: 0/66
    24 for 2024
  • Mrs_Salad_Dodger
    Options
    Nice to see you back basketcase :T and with such excellent news :T:) Your DD must be soooo happy & I can tell that you are as well :T:T:j I must admit to a fondness for recluttering in a good cause:D & what better cause than a new job :rotfl:
    Please give my congrats to your DD :)

MrsSD
    B903/B2018

Jan £5; Feb £13; Mch £25; Apr £31:65; May £42.20; Jun £??; July £??; Aug £??; Sep £??; Oct £??; Nov £??; Dec £??.  Grand Total £??
  • Saver-upper
    Saver-upper Posts: 2,336 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post
    Options
    Took a quick trip to the charity shop today (simply so I can add to my numbers on this thread :D).

Out of the loft:
    Donated:

38:IKEA wooden box,never even taken out of shrink wrap.
    39:large teddy bear
    40:shoulder bag
    41:children's coat hook thingy (zoo animal theme)
    42:Tweenies magnet book.Must be at least 13 years old :eek:.I don't know if most pre-schoolers these days have even heard of the Tweenies.
    43:glove puppet from IKEA,with 5 frogs on

Binned:
    44:pair of broken kid's glasses.I foind them in a bag of son's school books (from Year 3,he is in Year 9 now :rotfl:)

And from the house (different count)
    1000:Maze Racer toy
    1001:holographic poster of cats
    1002:beret,I don't know where from,but it has been in the bottom of my wash basket for at least a year.I chanced washing it,it held together,now donated
    1003:mini pool table toy
    SPC #36 :staradminx 8.SPC7=£751.10 SPC8=£651.04 SPC9=£843.00 SPC10=£872.76
    Pinecone £301,Valued Opinions £10.50

• retiredinfrance
    Options
    No I haven't given up and I have a decluttering story for everyone.
    First, though, Basketcase - sorry to here about your trials and hope each day sees improvement.
    Saver-upper - Hoarding- My DH used to save supermarket plastic bags - we had cardboard boxes packed full and I couldn't see the point as - when would we use them - they are free! Well when we were clearing to come to France I put my foot down and off to the dump they went. Now and then I hear a plaintive comment on the lines of we should have sold them!
    Here is the decluttering story.I have been very very busy finishing a crochet granny square blanket for DGD in time for her birthday but horror I couldn't find the little sew on labels that say "Made with love by Granny". I started looking and looking it having been two years since I last used the tiny packet. So a search and then a re-search. Every drawer in the bedrooms, the sitting room and the en-suite. Found the tiny packet in my desk - not in any of the rooms above...!!!8230;..and.....found
    277+ 3 unused Tshirts to CS
    281 1 nightdress
    282 2 prs earrings
    284 one wooden candlestick
    285 one china pillbox
    286one thick wool jumper
    287one magazine
    288 2 fridge magnets
    290 pile of wool
    all the above to CS +
    pile old used Xmas paper
    pile of rubbish
    pile old T shirts
    all the above to bin or recycling
    So, obviously my desk is the really really safe place in our house.
    And all roads lead to a decluttered house.
  • bit_by_bit
    bit_by_bit Posts: 1,155 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post Name Dropper
    Options
    Lots of clearing out going on.

Not so much for me as I have been to two festivals in a row. Last week at Hay I bought a pile of books, two were gifts so will be going soon. Happily I also donated a pile of books to the local National Trust House as they have have opened an onsite second hand bookshop.

This is very good new as my inlaws volunteer and can probably take a bag of books every two weeks.

So there is balance at least :rotfl:

So that is 28 of 50, Yay.
    Wife, mother, gardener, nurse, Big C survivor. Officially retired at 55 2021 [/b][/b].Mortgage free April 2021Challenges 2024: Decluttering Campaign 32/100 bags plus 0 large items. Make £2024 in 2024#8 £0/£2024 Using my craft stash 0/52 Reading books 0/52 Donations for the CS/washing done from others (in and outs) in 2024 x 10 bags and 0 large items.
  • Mrs_Salad_Dodger
    Options
    1. IF I NOTICE SOME SMALL TASK NEEDS DOING - I WILL DO IT IMMEDIATELY

2. I WILL LEAVE A ROOM TIDIER THAN WHEN I WENT IN - WITHOUT HIDING THE CLUTTER EXCEPT for the wardrobe room which is currently the storage room (sr)

Saver-upper, way to go - I love that you have 2 separate totals :T The decluttering & posting about it is highly addictive isn’t it? :rotfl:

bit by bit, the decluttering angel is definitely watching over you - buy new books, read & then donate & you don’t even have to take a trip to the cs :rotfl:

retiredinfrance, I love a good decluttering story & that one is a doozy :rotfl: Maybe I should do that when I try to find our birth & marriage certificates which I have somehow misplaced :(

I was up late again today, third day in a row & had a light bulb moment:shhh: - :o my bed is the only place I can escape from my DSis :o:o:rotfl: Anyway now that I know that, I can be a bit more inventive about how I get alone time :rotfl:

Dinner last night was delicious - chicken pieces fried in butter, Cornish new potatoes (the Jerseys didn’t look very nice :( ) & cooked green beans drizzled in a little olive oil. The leftovers were finished tonight with the last of the salad foods & I got to use my salad spinner again :rotfl:

Just as I was about to continue with this post all the downstairs lights went out & the upstairs lights don’t work either, so DH is in the garage trying to sort out fuses :( Downstairs lights now work but upstairs still not working :eek: & guess what the fuse is shorter than a normal fuse:mad: so DH is just ordering some now :eek:

That aside, today was another pottering day for me with DH & DSis continuing with the flat pack furniture :)

My pottering included making the bed, sweeping the kitchen, doing washing up as & when, washing down worktops, emptying inside bins into wheelie bins, finding shelf space for my DSis’s wooden box full of her cutlery, a large pasta pan & a lasagne dish (:p told you I had created space :rotfl::T:rotfl:), cleaning marks that appeared on my cleaned shelves :huh:, dismantling delivery boxes, dealing with post + a trip to the cs & making dinner.

So in the course of my day the following has gone

B904 - B912 RECYCLED - Toilet roll inner; 2 plastic bottles, plastic milk carton & beer can rinsed; 2 large boxes dismantled; magazine; cardboard backing for uu writing pad
    B913 - B929 BINNED - non recyclable - 8 bags, 3 trays, 3 pots & 3 pieces of plastic packaging

Prior to the lights going out, I was upstairs & realised that only 4 of the 5 drawers in the CofD had been sorted. Didn’t sort it out but found a lidded basket filled with old (or should that be ancient :rotfl:) make up so an easy win

B930 - B943 BINNED - foundation, under eye lift, 3 nail varnishes, 2 mascaras, 2 lipsticks, 2 eye shadows, 2 eye pencils, lip balm
    B944 Cardboard packaging recycled

I have also started a new cs bag

B945 - B947 Two knives (for the cs cafe) - 12” Carver & 9” Carver & an empty earring box with its own mirror :D

So onwards & outwards on our decluttering journeys:)

MrsSD
    B947/B2018

This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 247.9K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure