IMPORTANT: Please make sure your posts do not contain any personally identifiable information (both your own and that of others). When uploading images, please take care that you have redacted all personal information including QR codes, number plates and reference numbers.

I have a permit, but parked in wrong permit section

Comments

• peter_the_piper
    peter_the_piper Posts: 30,268 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post
    It may well be an idea to take pics of the signs showing the ambiguity of the site.
    I'd rather be an Optimist and be proved wrong than a Pessimist and be proved right.
  • Their sign is as clear as it gets. It's just that I didn't know there would be other operators. I just saw a "permit needed" sign in the offices where I have a permit and assumed it would be correct.

I've since found out that where I'm supposed to park doesn't have any signs to my knowledge.
  • MARKMAKAVELI
    MARKMAKAVELI Posts: 272 Forumite
    Photogenic First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    edited 6 January 2018 at 1:42PM
    The offices and where I parked:
    http://i67.tinypic.com/fucor7.jpg

I parked under this sign. It's the end of the row of cars you can see on pic 1.
    http://i66.tinypic.com/axcpon.jpg

This is the sign.
    http://i67.tinypic.com/qxopzt.jpg
  • peter_the_piper
    peter_the_piper Posts: 30,268 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post
    Just what are UKPC saying you have done wrong? Reading as much as I can of the sign they only permit permit holders so would not anyone else be trespassing?
    I'd rather be an Optimist and be proved wrong than a Pessimist and be proved right.
  • "parking in a permit area without displaying a valid permit"

i displayed a permit but apparently it's not one for their section outside of my offices.
  • Coupon-mad
    Coupon-mad Posts: 131,349 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post Photogenic First Anniversary
    edited 6 January 2018 at 4:56PM
    Submit the template 'as is' and make sure the drop-down says 'registered keeper' (NOT DRIVER).

If you add words you might accidentally say 'I'.

You think a sign with TINY writing, where you can only read: 'NO UNAUTHORISED PARKING' IS ''as clear as it gets''?

The sign was not clear, it's ambiguous (WHAT IS 'UNAUTHORISED' THEN?) and the parking charge penalty is not in large lettering, and the driver didn't agree to any contract with UKPC, nor breach any terms. You can't even read £100 on that!
    PRIVATE 'PCN'? DON'T PAY BUT DON'T IGNORE IT (except N.Ireland).
    CLICK at the top of this/any page where it says:
    Forum Home»Motoring»Parking Tickets Fines & Parking - read the NEWBIES THREAD
  • waamo
    waamo Posts: 10,298 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary Name Dropper
    Their sign is as clear as it gets. It's just that I didn't know there would be other operators. I just saw a "permit needed" sign in the offices where I have a permit and assumed it would be correct.

I've since found out that where I'm supposed to park doesn't have any signs to my knowledge.

How much bigger in mm is the size of the lettering than the required minimum? The same question as to the size of the signs themselves would be useful too.
  • Thankyou for all your help guys, I've submitted it and received email confirmation of receipt.

Now I wait another 20 days (day 56) for a response by email or letter with a popla number and head to stage 2 or it's finished.

:beer:
  • Hey guys, so other than email receipt I haven't received anything further from UKPC by email or post.

The email did say "Your charge will be placed on hold whilst under appeal and we will aim to respond to you by formal letter/e-mail to the address supplied within 35 days, should you not receive a response within this time, please contact our information line on 0333 220 1070."

To go to Popla I need the 10 digit code, so presuming I don't hear anything in the next few days, do I just leave it now? Is the matter finished? Or do I chase it on that phone number?
  • waamo
    waamo Posts: 10,298 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary Name Dropper
    Never, ever, ever ring them. If it goes beyond 35 days complain to the BPA that one of their members is failing to provide POPLA codes.

Mysteriously the BPA will discover it got lost in the post or your email system failed to show it you or your dog ate it or something.

For some strange reason about 75% of post and emails from parking companies goes missing. It is clearly not their fault though.
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.6K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.1K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 607.8K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173K Life & Family
  • 247.8K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure