Is there anyway to change my digital meter to dial meter..

I suspect my neighbours are stealing my electricity.... is there anyway to get the wiring under the floor directly from my socket... the floor vibrates in nights....like somekind of motor is running.... my sleep gets disturbed every night.....i can feel vibration in mattress, sofa....i have started switching off electricity in night.... has anyone experienced issues like this.... bit confused:eek:

Comments

• Tigsteroonie
    Tigsteroonie Posts: 24,954 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post Photogenic
    Do you live in an upstairs flat/maisonette? i.e. is there somebody living beneath you?

Ceiling fans in the room below can cause this kind of vibration.
    :heartpuls Mrs Marleyboy :heartpuls

MSE: many of the benefits of a helpful family, without disadvantages like having to compete for the tv remote

:) Proud Parents to an Aut-some son :)
  • boliston
    boliston Posts: 3,012 Forumite
    First Anniversary Photogenic First Post Combo Breaker
    do they still make dial meters?
  • Carrot007
    Carrot007 Posts: 4,534 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post
    Krish007 wrote: »
    is there anyway to get the wiring under the floor directly from my socket

Lift the floorboards?
    the floor vibrates in nights....like somekind of motor is running.... my sleep gets disturbed every night.....i can feel vibration in mattress, sofa....

I suspect you live in a flat. Flats suck for noise and vibration transference. maybe it is not for you?
    .i have started switching off electricity in night.

And has any been used. Why do you think having a dial meter would be any different?
    I suspect my neighbours are stealing my electricity.

Is this evident in your usage?
    bit confused:eek:

Me too, provide more info.
  • House_Martin
    House_Martin Posts: 1,462 Forumite
    edited 7 January 2018 at 12:15AM
    Cannabis growers have fans on the go when the crop starts to stink to hi heaven in the later stages, so they vent it out somewhere out of the roof.
    I once uncovered a cannabis farm just hearing the vibrations of the fan going through the letterbox of a supposedly vacant property.
    No you cannot change a digital meter to a dial meter.end of !
  • I live in three bedroom terrace house.... there are 9 kids next door... they come under flooring and banging noise and leave after few minutes.... i had word with their mum but she speaking ad if nothing as happened..... bothside are council tenants.... i have no problem living with them but naking problem....

Its like a motor running under the floor....i can literally hear it......

I though old model is easy to see usage.. even small changes...

I have called a electrician to have a look... so by then i thought i can gather some information here...
  • Cannabis growers have fans on the go when the crop starts to stink to hi heaven in the later stages, so they vent it out somewhere.
    I once uncovered a cannabis farm just hearing the vibrations of the fan going through the letterbox of a supposedly vacant property.
    No you cannot change a digital meter to a dial meter.end of !

They use cannabis which i know....but not a cannabis farm....its not empty property....
  • House_Martin
    House_Martin Posts: 1,462 Forumite
    edited 5 January 2018 at 11:01PM
    They use cannabis which i know....but not a cannabis farm....its not empty property....
    They grow in both empty and occupied properties.The fan will stay on 24/7 when its needed the most towards the end of the approx 12 week growing period.an upstairs room is popular for small growers with just maybe 50 plants on the go.At £1000 a plant tho they can make a good living from it and not fear going to prison.The Police will just issue a caution these days for 50 plants
    Reported over 200,000 properties growing cannabis, so much that the Police are not interested in stopping it.They always bypass the electricity or it would be too expensive to grow the stuff
  • tonycottee
    tonycottee Posts: 1,331 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post
    As Carrot007 says, a dial meter won’t tell you anything more than your current meter.
  • matelodave
    matelodave Posts: 8,608 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper Photogenic First Post
    edited 6 January 2018 at 12:35PM
    If you want to see if they are using you leccy then just shut off the fuse box thats connected to your meter and make sure that everything in your flat stops running.

The meter should stop recording (check that the flashing light on it stops flashing)

Read the meter including all the red digits - go out for a couple of hours (your fridge and freezer should be ok for at least four to six hours without power) and make sure that your meter still reads exactly the same as when you went out.

It it's moved then you need to investigate further, if not then you should be ok.

You can do the same when you can hear the vibration and see if it stops when you shut off your supply.
    Never under estimate the power of stupid people in large numbers
  • jk0
    jk0 Posts: 3,479 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post
    Sounds like your neighbour has converted your under floor area to a cannabis farm and is using your electricity to run it. Cheeky sods! :)
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 247.9K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure