Hotmail layout

Hello

Has anyone's hotmail layout just changed without warning please? Looks blo*dy awful and I don't know how to change it back. Any tips please? Thanks.
“It was only a sunny smile, and little it cost in the giving, but like morning light it scattered the night and made the day worth living.”

F. Scott Fitzgerald

Comments

• Denj
    Denj Posts: 63 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post
    It sounds like it has defaulted to "focused inbox" which shws the emails Microsoft "think" you want to see.

try and deselect it and see if it changes to how you want it
  • Surfermom
    Surfermom Posts: 1,508 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post I won, I won, I won!
    Mine has changed this morning too. I already had the focused inbox set up, this is a whole new display. I'm not keen on it either but can't see any way to change it back.
  • Denj
    Denj Posts: 63 Forumite
    If you click on the settings cog, you can amend the "display settings" if that's any help?
  • Surfermom
    Surfermom Posts: 1,508 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post I won, I won, I won!
    I can see how to get rid of the focused inbox (didn't know that before, thanks) but nothing to change the look back to how it was previously.
  • Sunny_Saver
    Sunny_Saver Posts: 3,044 Forumite
    Name Dropper Combo Breaker First Post First Anniversary
    At least your pain makes my pain better :) I thought it was just me (again).
    “It was only a sunny smile, and little it cost in the giving, but like morning light it scattered the night and made the day worth living.”

F. Scott Fitzgerald
  • Zanzib
    Zanzib Posts: 5,375 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper Photogenic First Post
    Yes, mine had changed when I logged in this morning. :(
  • mine changed a couple of weeks ago and googling i couldn't find any way of changing it back, am just glad that i don't use it that much as my main one for comping is yahoo and i use it for everything else as well rather than a separate account for comping which it was originally intended for
  • I_luv_cats
    I_luv_cats Posts: 14,440 Forumite
    Tgt i'd escaped but changed itself too

Need sunglasses LOL
  • dontone
    dontone Posts: 4,871 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary
    Mine has been like it for about 6 weeks.
    I wish they'd give you the option of tinkering with it to put it to how you want it, but they change it and that's that.
    I'd only just got used to the way it looked before, and then they messed about it with again.
    I seem to be getting more junk than before as well. Those new emithering rules were complete and utter rubbish.
    Be Lucky.
    BEST EVER WINS WON IN ORDER (so far) = Sony Camcorder, 32" lcd telly, micro ipod hifi, Ipod Nano, Playstation 3, Andrex Jackpup, Holiday to USA, nintendo wii, Liverpool vs Everton tickets, £250 Reward Your thirst, £500 Pepsi, p&o rotterdam trip, perfume hamper, Dr Who stamp set, steam cleaner.

comping = nowt more thrillin' than winnin':T :j
  • Sunny_Saver
    Sunny_Saver Posts: 3,044 Forumite
    Name Dropper Combo Breaker First Post First Anniversary
    I was told to log out of hotmail and log back in using https://go.microsoft.com/fwlink/p/?linkid=853938

when you log back in, it gives you a 'what do you need help with' box, so I wrote I want to go back to old style blah blah.

Maybe if we all did that, it would give them the message!

The link did work.

F. Scott Fitzgerald
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.6K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.1K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 607.7K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173K Life & Family
  • 247.7K Travel & Transport