Train ticket bought, too late for 2 for 1 deal?

Options
Hi,

I am taking my daughter to London for two nights on Wednesday this week. I have already bought the return train tickets, but am now wondering whether I can still take advantage of a two for 1 offer on either the Aquarium and / or the London Dungeon, to save some money.

Any thoughts on plan of action please?

Presumably I have to purchase on line before we head down to London, and print tickets out?

Thanks as always.

Duncan

Comments

• p00hsticks
    p00hsticks Posts: 12,820 Forumite
    First Post Name Dropper Photogenic First Anniversary
    edited 25 June 2018 at 3:17PM
    Options
    I presume you're talking about these offers ?

https://www.daysoutguide.co.uk/uk-days-out

It'll depend on what type of tickets you've bought - if they're paper tickets that you've had posted or are collecting from the station then you can take advantage of the offers - if they are m-tickets loaded to your mobile or ones you've printed out yourself then I don't believe you can.

You can print out the 2-4-1 tickets for the attractions you want yourslef or if you are travelling from /to a major station they may have booklets at the station which include blank 2-4-1 tickets you can fill in yourself.

Note that if you show both parts of your tickets the offer is also valid for the days in between your outward and return journeys (make sure you don't put your tickets though a barrier at the end of your outward leg in order to retain it)

for most attractions you simply show your train tickets and present the 2-4-1 voucher at the attraction when you pay for entry on the day, but there are a few that need to be booked in advance online - check the details for the individual attraction.
  • duncan32
    duncan32 Posts: 524 Forumite
    Options
    Thanks for that, I've had a look and seems simple enough, so will print them out at work tomorrow!
    So, I have a return ticket obviously for the two of us and assume that means we can get a 2-4-1 at two separate places (i.e. both the dungeon and the aquarium) on 2 different days?
  • Neil49
    Neil49 Posts: 3,081 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary
    Options
    duncan32 wrote: »
    Thanks for that, I've had a look and seems simple enough, so will print them out at work tomorrow!
    So, I have a return ticket obviously for the two of us and assume that means we can get a 2-4-1 at two separate places (i.e. both the dungeon and the aquarium) on 2 different days?

You can get as many as you like and just use whichever ones you want to as and when. You're not restricted to one a day.
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 247.9K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure