Hewlett Packard Instant Ink

Options

Comments

• missile
    missile Posts: 11,689 Forumite
    Name Dropper Photogenic First Post Combo Breaker
    Options
    Easiest way to deal with issue is to use their on line chat facility. Pick your time and avoid 9-10 am on a Monday morning, when you will wait ......and wait for a response
    "A nation's greatness is measured by how it treats its weakest members." ~ Mahatma Gandhi
    Ride hard or stay home :iloveyou:
  • RumRat
    RumRat Posts: 4,789 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post Photogenic
    Options
    Although I don't use it myself (at the moment), I help out at a charity and they've just bought a HP printer with 4 months trial of Instant ink and a £64 voucher to top up your account, giving a year or more free ink. There was also a £30 cash back on the printer.
    Everything was a doddle to set up and despite the comments I made 4 years ago in this thread, I may be tempted. The privacy issues I had back then have been somewhat diminished. Life is so much better without adding extra worries.....;)
    Drinking Rum before 10am makes you
    A PIRATE
    Not an Alcoholic...!
  • exiled_red
    exiled_red Posts: 261 Forumite
    Options
    We use it for our printer, we use the small package which costs £3.50 a month, for which we get 50 pages (I think), you can role over unused pages from one month to the next but you lose them after that. The only frustrating thing is the extra that you end up paying if you go over your limit, which I've done a couple of times after not using my allowance for a few months preceeding.

That said we end up saving money compared to buying the genuine cartridges
  • grumpycrab
    grumpycrab Posts: 4,989 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post Bake Off Boss!
    Options
    exiled_red wrote: »
    We use it for our printer, we use the small package which costs £3.50 a month, for which we get 50 pages (I think)
    100 pages per month
    https://instantink.hpconnected.com/uk/en/r/subscriptions/4000438276
    Good value if that's 100 full page colour prints, not so good value if you print 100 pages with only a couple of lines of text.
    If you put your general location in your Profile, somebody here may be able to come and help you.
  • Money_Grabber13579
    Options
    Time for a curiosity question. There!!!8217;s a free plan that gives 15 pages a month. I think the next plan, for 1.99 a month gives 50 pages, which would cost circa 24 for the year. Is there anything to stop you buying say, 3 printers and signing up for the free plan on all of them, thus giving 45 free pages a month?

Or, is that taking money saving too far, given the potential perception of abuse of the free plan and the dilemma of where to store the flaming printers? !!!55357;!!!56835;!!!55358;!!!56593;
    Northern Ireland club member No 382 :j
  • dipsomaniac
    dipsomaniac Posts: 6,739 Forumite
    Name Dropper Combo Breaker First Post First Anniversary
    Options
    Firstly, you would have to buy 2 X printers at circa £35 each
    Secondly, they would probably have to run on different networks
    Thirdly, hp could pull the offer tomorrow

I pay 1.99
    "The Holy Writ of Gloucester Rugby Club demands: first, that the forwards shall win the ball; second, that the forwards shall keep the ball; and third, the backs shall buy the beer." - Doug Ibbotson
  • Unsurewife
    Options
    I have found this thread after buying a new HP printer today! We had an Epson printer for years but like most folks, now print very little stuff, BUT today I needed to print a document and the blasted thing wouldn't print, stating "print cartridge not recognised replace it" and it was just one of the colours. This was the second time within 9 months and it was the same colour, but a new cartridge. It was a genuine branded one, and no matter what I tried just wouldn't work! So faced with spending over £30 for new cartridges I looked for a new printer, and due to the price £35 and availability at our local Curry's bought it, came home, set it up and signed up for the £1.99 a month Instant Ink plan which then gave me 4 months free! If there are drawbacks I have yet to discover I may not be quite so chuffed, but looks a good plan to me.
  • DoaM
    DoaM Posts: 11,863 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary Name Dropper Photogenic
    Options
    Cybeebol wrote: »
    :spam:
    You know what to do. I did likewise for this poster's posts in the Referrers board.
  • saleemsachak
    Options
    Usefull for me especially occasional printing.

1) 600 pages per year at Less then £24.00

compare this too normal £24 for 200 pages black and white and 154 for colour and sometimes this is less i would use 2 or 3 per year min cost £48.00 per year.

I have tried compatabilies no good as most machines havea guard on them and they also can go wrong easily

2) no hunting for ink or trip to the shops comes when you need it.

so overall good for me
  • LDamyandNight
    Options
    I bought an HP envy printer and it attempted to automatically default onto the instant ink programme.
    I went with it thinking that Hey, it's HP....they would rip me off right? Only to fidn that the whole thing is a scam. You signup for x number of pages per month and if you go over that, they charge you (irrespective of the spoiled pages, printer jams etc).
    The send you cartridges (through auto--replenish), but when you cancel the service, the cartridges that you have already paid for stop working - I am pretty sure that cannot be legal seeing as I am not renting the ink cartridges and have already paid for them.

Stay away, Buy the non HP ink cartridges and it will save you a huge amount to money. Two orders for ink cost more that the printer.....thats all you need to know!
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 247.9K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure
  • 15.9K Discuss & Feedback