Solaredge Optimizer/Optimisers any experience retrofitting ?

2»

Comments

• gefnew
    gefnew Posts: 876 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary
    hi all
    should we not merge the threads.
    regards
  • pinnks wrote: »
    As per the other thread where I linked to my waffle about my small system (1.75kWp), I reckon I might be able to save about £100 per year if you do some guesswork on the generation chart in the document. My guess was about 400kWh per year at 16p or so making £65 FiT plus own consumption of the extra generation.

With 2kWp you might get perhaps 500kWh depending on the shading times and extent, so squeeze £300 plus per year if your FiT is 50p (not sure what it is at the highest levels these days). If that is the case you may have a payback of only two or three years making it nearly a no-brainer compared to my 7 to 10 years depending on the cost.

It's 52.75 plus deemed export - so, sounding viable.
    Central Beds, 2.02kWp (9 x 225W) south facing with some morning shade, installed 2011 (£7.16/Wp). Tigo monitoring/optimisers on all panels, Growatt MIC 2000 TL-X Inverter and Solar iBoost installed 2022. (4 x 415W + 6 x 405W garden experiment connected to SunSynk 3.6 hybrid inverter & 2 x 5.3kWh SynSynk batteries) (4 x 405W panels queued to go somewhere)
  • Chris_Type_R
    Chris_Type_R Posts: 177 Forumite
    First Post Name Dropper First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    edited 7 August 2018 at 7:38AM
    gefnew wrote: »
    Hi pinks
    is your panel easy to get at or would you need scaffold etc or some other means all add to the calcs.
    regards

It's a ground floor area (original part of bungalow) so reasonably easy access. A fold up tower scaffold might suffice. Or even ladders.
    Central Beds, 2.02kWp (9 x 225W) south facing with some morning shade, installed 2011 (£7.16/Wp). Tigo monitoring/optimisers on all panels, Growatt MIC 2000 TL-X Inverter and Solar iBoost installed 2022. (4 x 415W + 6 x 405W garden experiment connected to SunSynk 3.6 hybrid inverter & 2 x 5.3kWh SynSynk batteries) (4 x 405W panels queued to go somewhere)
  • pinnks
    pinnks Posts: 1,259 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post Name Dropper Photogenic
    Mine is normal roof height. Not sure you'd need full scaffolding but at a minimum a tower would be needed. As mentioned I hired one the other year to replace my guttering. Did some cleaning of the panels while I was up there and felt safe as houses, so should be OK to add the necessary kit
  • theboylard
    theboylard Posts: 1,206 Forumite
    Combo Breaker First Post First Anniversary
    Thanks theboylard. Do you think it was money well spent ?

Absolutely! And this was on top of my original install costs.
    As you don't have that issue, then as pinnks rightly says, it's a no brainer for you?!
    Top tip, take a pic of your gen meter each month and for your quarterly submission, you'll need to show evidence when your read goes up dramatically after you have the work done.
    4kWp, SSE, SolarEdge P300 optimisers & SE3500 Inverter, in occasionally sunny Corby, Northants.
    Now with added Sunsynk 5kw hybrid ecco inverter & 15kWh Fogstar batteries. Oh Octopus Energy too.
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 247.9K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure