What small DFW things will you do this week - w/c 21st May?

Comments

• Hopeless_Case
    Hopeless_Case Posts: 949
    First Anniversary First Post Combo Breaker Rampant Recycler
    Forumite
    edited 23 May 2018 at 5:14AM
    Morning all :)

Few little things on the go today, I'm in work so I'll be using my car, but hoping for a cheap one overall

Carrying on eating leftovers out of the freezer - I really didn't fancy what I had last night (sweet potato and spinach curry which hadn't frozen well) but I had it and just added a bit of toast, instead of popping to the shop for a treat, so that was a big little win for me :)

Cauliflower cheese tonight, I bought a few YL cauliflowers for 15p each a few weeks ago, cut them up, blanched them, froze them separately on trays so the florettes don't stick together, and there's been a huge bag of them just sitting there ever since taking up half a shelf :o. I WILL use them up!! :D

Water meter being fitted tomorrow - I'm getting into a routine of watering my plants by watering can not by hose to prepare, and trying to work out which ones really need it and which can do without

I've just ordered an EcoEgg - expensive to buy (£23.58 incP&P) but as that works out at 3p per wash and my benchmark at the moment is to try and buy washing powder at no more than 10p per wash, it will hopefully be a win overall. My sisters both use them and like them

Going to try and not spend any more money today - packed lunches for work and not going near any shops:)
  • PurpleFairy26
    PurpleFairy26 Posts: 3,903
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post I've been Money Tipped!
    Forumite
    Morning all :hello: quick post and I'll be away out the door. Dawn hope you continue to recover well, we did miss you. Foxgloves hope today's appointment is ok. I know it has been one of your, erm, larger frogs :o

My list :
    Check banking
    Check for surveys
    Packed lunch to work
    Hot drink for commute
    Get something out of freezer for tea
    Try and walk at lunchtime
    Take gym bag and go en route home, try not to leave late (work not gym :rotfl:)
    Water plants

Think that's about it for now, be back later.
  • carrielovesfanta
    carrielovesfanta Posts: 2,978
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post Photogenic
    Forumite
    edited 23 May 2018 at 3:33PM
    Morning all!

I'm rolling over some stuff from yesterday as I got very distracted by the garden

Happy days - I got my ENT referral through! Must book it.
    • B/L/D from stores. Still trying to use up bits from the freezer so I can defrost it. - need to get lunch. Am STARVING today
    • Might make a banana bread/muffins to try and lower the frozen banana stash (my mil buys tonnes of bananas cos apparently she enjoys watching them go brown. Then I take them home to freeze)
    • Update water bill in budget spreadsheet
    • Have a look at how we can save some electricity as the bill has gone up.
    • Read washing machine manual to see what the 30 degree cycle is and see how it goes for gym wear. Perhaps better in the summer with line drying??
    • Water garden.
    • Put washing away
    • Gym at lunch time - nope, need to get food
    • Charge phone in work - done
    • Message freeglers - done
    Have a good one all

clf x

LBM 11/06/2010: DFD 30/04/2013
    Total repaid: £10,490.31
    Student loan repaid: 01/07/2019
    SAVINGS: £20,000
    Car final lump sum: £6113/£6113
  • carrielovesfanta
    Forumite
    I've just ordered an EcoEgg - expensive to buy (£23.58 incP&P) but as that works out at 3p per wash and my benchmark at the moment is to try and buy washing powder at no more than 10p per wash, it will hopefully be a win overall. My sisters both use them and like them

I just switched to an ecoegg a few weeks ago and it seems fine. It doesn't really have a smell but I don't really care. Plus OH is a bit asthmatic so strong smells aren't good for him.

I never used expensive brands so I can't comment on performance against the leading stuff but seems fine against Surf/supermarket own brand
  • carrielovesfanta
    Forumite
    Water meter being fitted tomorrow - I'm getting into a routine of watering my plants by watering can not by hose to prepare, and trying to work out which ones really need it and which can do without

My watering tip - I have a bucket that I put in the shower while it's running as the water heats up before I get in. I use this water for the garden. It does add up :)
  • DawnW
    DawnW Posts: 7,423
    Name Dropper Photogenic First Post First Anniversary
    Forumite
    Morning all :)
    Feeling a bit stronger today after a good night's sleep :) but I have to be careful not to overdo it - frustrating though, as there are lots of things I want to get done. Normal life consists of carting boxes around for my business, a lot of walking, and at this time of the year, lugging large pots and bags of compost, and I just want to get on with it! So, today's light duties:
    Give dog worm and flea tablets - this is easily done with small pieces of cheese :)
    Put away the washing line dried yesterday, plus other dry washing that is threatening to take over the bedroom :eek:

Check banks and update sadly neglected spreadsheet with any payments and also info from spending diary that I updated yesterday
    Paperwork for business - this involves the dog barking frantically at the printer so I will wait till he is otherwise occupied outside!
    Continue recce of food supplies, maybe start a shopping list. As far as I am aware, we don't need anything today :)
    Patch jeans
    Ask OH to help me get the tomatoes planted out in their big pots :)
    Sow some more salad leaves :)
    Repot poorly looking chilli plant that dried out a bit while I was in hospital :(

Read meters and enter readings on energy company's web site

I am going to stop there - this list looks a bit aspirational - but I will get some of it done :D
  • Happy_Kitties
    Happy_Kitties Posts: 1,612
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post
    Forumite
    Morning everyone

Been a busy couple of days haven't had much time to post.
    DawnW sorry u have had a rough time of it, great to hear you are back home and posting again
    CLF good news on ENT appointment
    1LL I hope DS continues to do ok and everything will be okay at school
    Ally great savings on the broadband

Need to pop out this morning to do a few bits.
    Plan today is to do a couple of paperwork bits and then some painting where the wheelchair has destroyed my new paintwork......again. no matter how hard I try not to hit the paintwork I do
    Pull a meal out from the freezer
    Cat cleaning all done
    Banking all checked, everything good and quidco payout has gone in
    Need to get recycling all sorted ready for to tomorrow.
    Can't think of anything else, I'm sure I'll remember something later on

Have a great day everyone x
    Decluttering challenge 2023🏅⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️ 
    Decluttering challenge 2024 🏅⭐️
  • allthe7s
    allthe7s Posts: 187
    First Anniversary First Post
    Forumite
    morning all you lovely MSErs

today I am going to:

[STRIKE]bring breakfast from home (always have a late breakfast at work, then a snack at lunchtime)[/STRIKE] done
    [STRIKE]get out to defrost campfire stew for me & DH tea[/STRIKE]done
    update YNAB
    check payslip that should arrive today
    top up water bottle at work
    visit family member after work to get kids spending money for half term break
    book tickets for Edinburgh Zoo online (cheaper if booked in advance)

hope everyone has a great day
    Preparing to go bankrupt April 2020
  • Hopeless_Case
    Forumite
    I just switched to an ecoegg a few weeks ago and it seems fine. It doesn't really have a smell but I don't really care. Plus OH is a bit asthmatic so strong smells aren't good for him.

I never used expensive brands so I can't comment on performance against the leading stuff but seems fine against Surf/supermarket own brand

Thanks that's good to know - I don't use the more expensive stuff either, I try and stock up on Surf or Bold when there's a good offer otherwise supermaket for me :)

I can live without a smell too :)- and my OH is asthmatic too, my mum uses Persil and it makes us cough and itch!
  • Hopeless_Case
    Forumite
    My watering tip - I have a bucket that I put in the shower while it's running as the water heats up before I get in. I use this water for the garden. It does add up :)

Thanks that's a good idea! :)
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 342.4K Banking & Borrowing
  • 249.9K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.4K Spending & Discounts
  • 234.6K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 607K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 172.8K Life & Family
  • 247.4K Travel & Transport