Credit Resource Solutions

rhythmb
rhythmb Posts: 12 Forumite
My IVA was approved as of the 1st May this year, some of my creditors passed my debt to a company called CRS (Credit Resource Solutions) when I told them I was initially entering into an IVA. Now CRS are sending me a number of emails and texts saying they haven't heard from my debt management company.

When I told my case officer this she replied with:

Thank you for your email, paperwork has been sent to this creditor but this can take up to 3 months for them to action the paperwork, if you received any letters or phone calls just email them over to supervisor@payplan.com.

Can it really take that long to action? Should I contact CRS and give them my IVA details?

Comments

• sourcrates
    sourcrates Posts: 28,848 Ambassador
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post Photogenic
    You do not need to worry about any of your creditors listed in your IVA.

They are not a debt management company, they are an insolvency practitioner.

An IVA provides legal protection from prosecution for you, for the full length of the agreement, it can take a while for these things to filter down, especially if a debt has been sold on, the original creditor does not always pass on the information.

You can write to them if you wish, it may save some hassle in the long run.
    I’m a Forum Ambassador and I support the Forum Team on the Debt free wannabe, Credit file and ratings, and Bankruptcy and living with it boards. If you need any help on these boards, do let me know. Please note that Ambassadors are not moderators. Any posts you spot in breach of the Forum Rules should be reported via the report button, or by emailing forumteam@moneysavingexpert.com. All views are my own and not the official line of MoneySavingExpert.For free non-judgemental debt advice, contact either Stepchange, National Debtline, or CitizensAdviceBureaux.Link to SOA Calculator- https://www.stoozing.com/soa.php The "provit letter" is here-https://forums.moneysavingexpert.com/discussion/2607247/letter-when-you-know-nothing-about-about-the-debt-aka-prove-it-letter
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.1K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.2K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 607.9K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173K Life & Family
  • 247.8K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure