Credit Cards, Which option is best?

I currently have a few credit cards and on one of which the 0% is about to end which means it'll jump to it's default 19% interest. unfortunately due to circumstances I still have £1800 left on the card and was unable to pay it off before the deal lapses. As my credit rating is not so great I find myself in the pickle of unable to transfer it all to another card.

however, using the MSE credit club what is available to me is some of the 'poor credit scoring' cards.

• Marbles, 5 months 0%, 3% fee.
  • Aqua, 6 months 0%, 3% fee.
Would I be better to apply for one or both of these cards and try and transfer as much is feasible to pay off within the 5-6 months period. then cancel the card and see what options are available in the future, (potentially even reapply for the same cards) or would doing so harm my credit score more than I would gain from the 2 cards and short interest break?

Answers on a postcard please!

Thanks in advance.

Comments

• [Deleted User]
    [Deleted User] Posts: 35,242 Forumite
    First Anniversary Photogenic Name Dropper First Post
    Your credit score is just a made up number for entertainment purposes only. Like horoscopes. Ignore it.

Do you actually have a poor credit history? What appears on your files?
    What do you earn, what balances and limits do you have?

There may be better options than the sub prime cards.
  • Dobbibill
    Dobbibill Posts: 4,134 Ambassador
    First Anniversary Mortgage-free Glee! Name Dropper First Post
    Who are your current providers for your cards? Some are known to be quite generous with existing customer offers. Sometimes it's worth a quick call to ask if you have the available limit.
    I’m a Forum Ambassador and I support the Forum Team on the Budgeting & Bank Accounts, Credit Cards, Credit File & Ratings and Energy boards. If you need any help on these boards, do let me know. Please note that Ambassadors are not moderators. Any posts you spot in breach of the Forum Rules should be reported via the report button, or by emailing forumteam@moneysavingexpert.com. All views are my own and not the official line of MoneySavingExpert.

If you can't be the best -
    Just be better than you were yesterday.
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.1K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.2K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 607.9K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173K Life & Family