When did you realise your partner was the one?

2»

Comments

• Gloomendoom
    Gloomendoom Posts: 16,550 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    tho wrote: »
    Look, I'm fully aware this is a many accounted spambot, but what exactly does anything get out of asking all these questions?

Discounting mental illness, which is a possibility, it could be some kind of financial reward. Perhaps there is some value in analysing the responses (including this one) posted.
  • Pollycat
    Pollycat Posts: 34,655 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post Savvy Shopper!
    Discounting mental illness, which is a possibility, it could be some kind of financial reward. Perhaps there is some value in analysing the responses (including this one) posted.
    Good luck to anyone with that then. :rotfl:
  • seven-day-weekend
    seven-day-weekend Posts: 36,755 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary Photogenic First Post
    Straight away really. He's still 'the one' after nearly 47 years of marriage. :)
    (AKA HRH_MUngo)
    Member #10 of £2 savers club
    Imagine someone holding forth on biology whose only knowledge of the subject is the Book of British Birds, and you have a rough idea of what it feels like to read Richard Dawkins on theology: Terry Eagleton
  • 74jax
    74jax Posts: 7,921 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary
    tho wrote: »
    Look, I'm fully aware this is a many accounted spambot, but what exactly does anything get out of asking all these questions?

I honestly don't know. I've asked mods to move this and others to the discussion board but nothing ever is.
    Forty and fabulous, well that's what my cards say....
  • AylesburyDuck
    AylesburyDuck Posts: 939 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary
    2 weeks after i first started dating him, come this August we'll have been married 35 years and together for 37.
    Fully paid up member of the ignore button club.
    If it walks like a Duck, quacks like a Duck, it's a Duck.
  • sheepy21
    sheepy21 Posts: 221 Forumite
    Our first date, we'd emailed for 2/3weeks and felt there was a connection. I was 17 and in sixth form doing my a-levels, he was 23 and a graduate. We decided to go on a date, and I just knew as we walked along talking that he was it. We've now been together 10yrs, it's our 5th wedding anniversary in a few days, we have a nearly 2yr old son and buying our first house.
    I won't lie and say it's all been plain sailing and bliss everyday, to many we'd seem to have the perfect life. It's hard, like all relationships, but with anything some couples will work out whilst others don't.
    It's a big different for us as neither of us had been with anyone else, so for both of us it's our first and only relationship.
  • tasha-debt
    tasha-debt Posts: 974 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    After 6 months together I dislocated my knee and was on bed rest, I then got a sick bug. He held my hair, the bucket and looked after me, this was 12 years ago.

If a man holds your sick bucket he is the one lol

I’m back and more determined than ever!!!!!
  • motorguy
    motorguy Posts: 22,473 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post
    When i first saw my wife i turned to my friend who was with me at the time and said "i'm going to marry that girl one day".

Two years later we were married :)

Chance in a million really though. I used to say that a lot about girls i saw... :o
  • NeilCr
    NeilCr Posts: 4,430 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post
    When I realised that she could drink me under the table!
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.1K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.2K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 607.8K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173K Life & Family
  • 247.8K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure