Anyone used EU Claim/Bott & Co?

Options

Comments

• Ploppy1
    Ploppy1 Posts: 5 Forumite
    Options
    I am trying to claim compensation from Easyjet and after doing a Google search on how to do it I got a form up to complete. I thought it was an Easyjet form but turns out it was from this company. Now they keep sending emails saying they are taking the case on and written to eastern on my behalf. I emailed them straightaway to say stop but am now a bit worried. The whole thing is turning into a nightmare any advice?
  • Vauban
    Vauban Posts: 4,736 Forumite
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    edited 29 June 2016 at 2:08PM
    Options
    Ploppy1 wrote: »
    I am trying to claim compensation from Easyjet and after doing a Google search on how to do it I got a form up to complete. I thought it was an Easyjet form but turns out it was from this company. Now they keep sending emails saying they are taking the case on and written to eastern on my behalf. I emailed them straightaway to say stop but am now a bit worried. The whole thing is turning into a nightmare any advice?

Who is the company you signed up with?

Edit: By "this" company, I see you mean Bott. There are quite a few companies out there whose websites, if you search "easyJet flight compensation" could arguably be misrepresenting themselves. But Bott is definitely not one of those, and I would struggle to understanding how you could confuse Bott's website with the easyJet one. What was the link you clicked on?
  • khblue
    khblue Posts: 8 Forumite
    Options
    Hi.

I'm a bit of a newbie but have done a fair bit of reading around.

We travelled with a single booking made on united.com from Bristol-Brussels-Washington-Denver (3 connecting flights.)
    Only the Washington-Denver was delayed (by 18 hours!) due to a technical fault with the aircraft (broken intercom.)

Does the October 2017 ruling mean that this journey is covered by 261/400, since it was a single through ticket from Bristol to Denver.

European Court of Appeal recently (11th October 2017, Gahan v Emirates and Buckley v Emirates) upheld the ruling of the European Court of Justice in Case C-11/11 (Folkerts), that:

“The compensation for long delays is also due to passengers of directly connecting flights reaching their final destination with a delay of at least three hours. The delay to be taken into account is the delay at arrival, including in case of flight connections. It does not matter whether the delay occurred at the departure airport, at the connecting airport(s) or at any stage of the journey, only the delay at the final destination of the journey is relevant for the right to compensation. “

Clarity would be good. Currently being offered $150 voucher :(

Thanks
    Kevin
  • JPears
    JPears Posts: 5,086 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post Combo Breaker
    Options
    Yes it should do.
    However, United will probably fight it.
    The current offer could be interpreted as a go away offer but to us is an admission of liability.
    There first response, if they are aware of the Emirates case, is that Emirates are supposed to be appealing to the Supreme Court to seek leave to appeal the appeal in CoA.
    Nobody knows if this has progressed or not as the higher courts are a very slow process with little information available.
    Technically the result of Emirates/Gahan is now law and applicable.
    If you're new. read The FAQ and Vauban's Guide

The alleged Ringleader.........
  • happyhunter1
    Options
    Hi - just had a confirmation from Bott that our claim against Thomson was successful.

This was a 6 hour delay (Turkey to London last summer) due to a lightning strike on the inbound plane.

In the end Bott served court proceedings, but Thomson didn't go any further.

We signed up to Bott in November 2017.

Hope this helps someone. I would recommend the firm.
  • Tyzap
    Tyzap Posts: 2,112 Forumite
    Options
    Thanks for the update Happyhunter1,

I'm glad all went well for you.

You benefited from Bott & Co being a regulated solicitor who can and do issue proceeding against airlines as and when required. Claims assistance companies cannot do this themselves and wait for firms like Botts to lead the way then jump on their coat tails.

Bott and Co are far more pro active at pursuing the airlines through the courts, as you have found, and have many more notable court successes that any other law or assistance company. Many 'escape routes' for the airlines have been closed by Botts winning precedent setting legal cases.

I hear on the grape vine that more are being worked upon as I type, which could open the way for even more claimants.

Much credit should be given to them because without their pioneering work hundreds of thousands of claimants would not have received any compensation.
    Please read Vaubans superb guide. To find it Google and then download 'vaubans guide'.
  • Tilla_Tech
    Options
    Hi
    I read in the Independant that Bott & Co have lost a High Court case against Ryanair regarding fees.
    Anyone know what this is about ?

I cant post the link due to being new user.
  • Justice13075
    Justice13075 Posts: 2,008 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post
    Options
    Please correct me if I am wrong, it seems that clients being represented by Bott are having their compensation sent straight to them and not through Bott. So Bott tried to claim the roughly 30% they take from a claim from Ryanair and lost, but say they are going to appeal. Why don't they just claim it from the clients?
  • jpsartre
    jpsartre Posts: 4,085 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post
    Options
    Why don't they just claim it from the clients?

They do but around 1/3 don't pay up.
  • Eagle998
    Options
    I have a claim which has been rejected initially by the airline, however the flight calculator on the Bott and Co websites suggests I have a valid claim (although I know this isn't guaranteed).

I'm considering letting Bott and Co take it on, however as the airline has signed up for CEDR I believe I need to go through that before I can even consider court proceedings/MCOL. Is it worth getting Bott and Co to take it now, or should I go through CEDR first? I can't see any mention of how CEDR on the Bott and Co website FAQ.
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.1K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 247.9K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure