Add your feedback on energy supplier Green Star Energy

Comments

• I have transferred to Green Star Energy, via the comparison page. Unfortunately, I miscalculated the date I could transfer without penalty (should have been June 14th, was scheduled for June 5th). My previous supplier (SP) was clear that it was my and Green Star's problem to solve, Green Star were helpful and said they'd amend the start date so I could avoid the penalty... and then didn't. They've apologised "for the inconvenience" but as the inconvenience has cost me £60 I'm a little less than happy. I also have the impression that they're a relatively small outfit who can't cope with the volume of work MSE are sending their way, to the detriment of anyone who's not completely statistically average. :(
  • spurtime
    spurtime Posts: 8 Forumite
    spurtime wrote: »
    Hi,
    I am not happy with the GSE switch recommended on here.
    First off all they do not have the facility to use smart meters and won't be doing so before Dec 17 at the earliest. I certainly wouldn't have switched for this reason only. I was with OVO previously without a hitch, but decided to switch due my current fixed tariff expiring and the new tariff was almost a 30% rise!

I was also advised wrongly by GSE customer services how to get the meter reading from the smart meter and had o ring OVO to get the correct figures. I took advantage of swapped from Eco 7 to standard tariff without charge when I received the meter and have been wanting to do this for so many years but found the switch meter cost to expensive.

But that has also caused a problem as the meter in now showing a different figure to what I should be quoting. I have to press 6 on the meter keypad to find the correct figure!

I now cannot give meter reading to GSE either by the APP, website or verbally to customers services as there is a 'Missing EAC' for my meter!

What a mistake I made moving to this firm to save a few quid.

Sometimes it just isn't worth moving, contrary to what Mr Lewis tells us!

Hi,

I don't believe you have answered my question or can not answer my question, which is very disappointing. I switched to GSE in good faith being recommended on this site, at the moment I'm think of biting the bullet and paying the £60 early termination fee so I can get the hell out and return to a proper company (OVO) that looks after their customers by helping them when they have a problem!!

A reply would be much appreciated and very much deserved!!
  • Nebulous2
    Nebulous2 Posts: 5,105 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post
    I switched early June, landed up with an estimated reading, but it wasn't far off the real one, so I just left it.

Electricity has switched okay, SSE have said they will refund a positive balance by DD. However gas still hasn't switched and I've just been direct debited by both companies. £40 to SSE for gas, £110 to GSE for dual fuel.
  • Green_Star_Energy
    Green_Star_Energy Posts: 59 Organisation Representative
    spurtime wrote: »
    Hi,

I don't believe you have answered my question or can not answer my question, which is very disappointing. I switched to GSE in good faith being recommended on this site, at the moment I'm think of biting the bullet and paying the £60 early termination fee so I can get the hell out and return to a proper company (OVO) that looks after their customers by helping them when they have a problem!!

A reply would be much appreciated and very much deserved!!

Hi Spurtime,

I am sorry that you are unhappy with the switch to Green Star Energy.

Green Star Energy do not offer smart meters, this should have been informed to you on the switch. I do apologise that you was unaware of this however our systems are not compatible for smart meters. It would be the same if you switched to another supplier that did not offer smart meters.

I would like to apologise that you have been unable to submit your meter reads on to your account, if you could please email mse@mygreenstarenergy.com with your meter reads and we will be able to assist further.

Thank you,
    Megan
    Official Company Representative
    I am the official company representative of Green Star Energy. MSE has given permission for me to post in response to queries about the company, so that I can help solve issues. You can see my name on the companies with permission to post list. I am not allowed to tout for business at all. If you believe I am please report it to forumteam@moneysavingexpert.com This does NOT imply any form of approval of my company or its products by MSE"
  • Green_Star_Energy
    Nebulous2 wrote: »
    I switched early June, landed up with an estimated reading, but it wasn't far off the real one, so I just left it.

Electricity has switched okay, SSE have said they will refund a positive balance by DD. However gas still hasn't switched and I've just been direct debited by both companies. £40 to SSE for gas, £110 to GSE for dual fuel.

Hi Nebulous2,

I am glad that our estimated reads ran in line with your actual reads.

I do apologise that you have been debited a direct debit for both companies. If you could please email mse@mygreenstarenergy.com with your account number I am more than happy to look into this further for you.

Thank you,
    Megan
    I am the official company representative of Green Star Energy. MSE has given permission for me to post in response to queries about the company, so that I can help solve issues. You can see my name on the companies with permission to post list. I am not allowed to tout for business at all. If you believe I am please report it to forumteam@moneysavingexpert.com This does NOT imply any form of approval of my company or its products by MSE"
  • StopIt
    StopIt Posts: 1,470 Forumite
    I've hit a small snag I think.

My Electricity meter reads are being accepted, and I've submitted two now in the last month.

My Gas reads though keep giving me errors. As it's likely that an estimate would be far higher than actual usage because it's now summer, I would like the ability to actually submit it. More issues post Project NEXUS or is something awry?

In debt and looking for help? Look here for the MSE Debt Help Guide.
    Also, If you need any free and impartial debt advice, the National Debtline, Stepchange, and the CAB can help.
  • Green_Star_Energy
    StopIt wrote: »
    I've hit a small snag I think.

My Electricity meter reads are being accepted, and I've submitted two now in the last month.

My Gas reads though keep giving me errors. As it's likely that an estimate would be far higher than actual usage because it's now summer, I would like the ability to actually submit it. More issues post Project NEXUS or is something awry?

Hi StopIt,

I am sorry to hear that you have hit an error.

It may be as a result of an estimated reading. If you would like to email myself at mse@mygreenstarenergy.com with your account number and meter read for gas, I can investigate a bit further for you.

Thank you,
    Megan
  • AVOID, AVOID, AVOID, AVOID, AVOID, AVOID, AVOID, AVOID, AVOID, AVOID, AVOID, AVOID,
    GREEN STAR ENERGY NIGHTMARE
    I initiated a change over approx 5 weeks ago and within 24 hours had changed my mind. I informed them by email within 24 hours that I did not wish to proceed. They contacted me twice to confirm the cancellation.
    They then tell me they haven't acted within the 14 day cooling off period and they had erroneously taken over my gas!
    "Don't worry it will all be resolved"

I took no action believing it would sort out.
    Then I discover they have still enacted the direct debit and withdrawn nearly £200 from my bank.
    My old payment was £111.00 per month. The difference I suspect is because they I think have charged me a leaving penalty for NOT informing them within 14 days. I had, within 24 hours!
    They now tell me they are still supplying my gas but not electric and this will take 6+ weeks to resolve.
    I cancelled the direct debit arrangement they had set up today (despite my cancelling the contract) and Green Star have today sent me a thinly veiled threatening email regarding non payment, affecting my credit rating etc etc.

I've made a formal complaint and I am getting nowhere. They have even told me that 'my complaint is now resolved' - Ha bloody ha.
    So how many mistakes have they made - I've lost count.

I've changed suppliers many times and never had any problem. This lot are entirely dreadful. Just don't be tempted at all.!
    Quick Reply
  • Green Star Energy switch: I did this as an MSE Energy recommendation -appalling company. I will never again follow an MSE energy recommendation.
  • hi I put a requeset to green star energy to go from British gas to them on the 30th June my gas is processing no problems and British gas have told me that the gas will be with green star on the 18th July but here is the problem I have been advised by British gas that the electric switch is not on the national database to switch to green star and that they have not had a requsest to switch it to green star energy so phoned up green star last week who confirmed that British gas are correct as green star also went onto the national database and confirmed this is the case so the adviser asked my to give her the meter supply number and serial number which I did and informed me that she had to reregister the electric account this was done on Wednesday or so I was told so been calling green star since only for them to keep telling me it will be with them on the 19th July but when I contacted British gas on Saterday they told me its still not on the database to be switched and they still have not had a requsest to do so. so green star rep please respond I would like to know what the hell is going on as I do not want to be charged by two energy providers like some customers have if I knew how much bother it would be to go to you I would not have botherd.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.1K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.2K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 607.9K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173K Life & Family
  • 247.8K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure
  • 15.9K Discuss & Feedback