Couch to 5K support thread.

Comments

• CattyCatX
    CattyCatX Posts: 76 Forumite
    So today should have been W2R2 but I came down with a high temperature/sickness/cold-like symptoms yesterday :( I haven't left bed for 24 hours so definitely won't be running today. Am pretty frustrated as don't want this to set me back but am just going to have to wait until fully fit again...

I know I'm pretty ill as I haven't touched my Easter egg yet!!
  • Cherryfudge
    Cherryfudge Posts: 9,853
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post
    Forumite
    CattyCat, are you any better? Get yourself well then pick up on the running again, meanwhile enjoy your Easter egg!

As for me, I've started Week 4 with an absolutely gorgeous run while I was away for a few days. Beautiful setting and those five minute runs really aren't scary now. In fact - much to my astonishment - I did the second one on an uphill slope and I was just enjoying the scenery when it suddenly occurred to me a) this is uphill and b) this is a five minute run! And it wasn't a problem at all.

So take heart - it only sounds scary. The program is obviously improving my fitness as I would have struggled with that not so long ago.
    I think a bit of sunshine is good for frugal living. (Cranky40)

Fashion on the Ration challenge, 2024: Trainers 5 coupons. 5/68
    20.5 coupons used in 2020. 62.5 used in 2021. 94.5 remaining as of 21/3/22
  • Welll done, Cherryfudge :T I'm doing W3R2 today and feeling great about it, I finally realised this is achievable
  • Cherryfudge
    Forumite
    Welll done, Cherryfudge :T I'm doing W3R2 today and feeling great about it, I finally realised this is achievable

Brilliant, well done you :).

Good feeling isn't it?!

• AlecEiffel
    AlecEiffel Posts: 874 Forumite
    Managed one run of W9 so far, only did one run of W8 as messed up my back lifting something from my car but as it was only a two minute jump to W9 I did the 30 min run for my next one. Then hurt my back again (not running). So only done two runs in the last two weeks. But back to it tomorrow!!
  • How inspiring was the marathon yesterday! !! Getting tempted....(not even started W4 yet hahaha)
  • Cherryfudge
    Forumite
    AlecEiffel wrote: »
    Managed one run of W9 so far, only did one run of W8 as messed up my back lifting something from my car but as it was only a two minute jump to W9 I did the 30 min run for my next one. Then hurt my back again (not running). So only done two runs in the last two weeks. But back to it tomorrow!!

Look after that back! Gosh, W9... that's still far over the horizon for me. :D

I was going to do W4R3 today but it's bucketing down and I'm still a fair weather runner.

• CattyCatX
    CattyCatX Posts: 76 Forumite
    CattyCat, are you any better? Get yourself well then pick up on the running again, meanwhile enjoy your Easter egg!

Thanks Cerryfudge! Gosh, the flu got me for the whole week... Watched lots of TV and felt very sorry for myself! I finally started feeling better yesterday and feel back to normal today so am currently having my Easter egg :D

Going to attempt to W2 either this evening or tomorrow morning, depending on how I feel. Very frustrated to have been unwell for quite so long and am wary of turning back into a couch potato. Oh well, will let you know how I get on with getting back into it!!
  • Cherryfudge
    Forumite
    CattyCatX wrote: »
    Thanks Cerryfudge! Gosh, the flu got me for the whole week... Watched lots of TV and felt very sorry for myself! I finally started feeling better yesterday and feel back to normal today so am currently having my Easter egg :D

Going to attempt to W2 either this evening or tomorrow morning, depending on how I feel. Very frustrated to have been unwell for quite so long and am wary of turning back into a couch potato. Oh well, will let you know how I get on with getting back into it!!

Good to see you are well enough for an Easter egg - always a good sign. :) Take it easy getting back into running, you won't have forgotten everything but your body's been working hard already to recover and might do a double-take if starting back where you left off. Hope the weather is kind to you - it's windy and cold here.

• Cherryfudge
    Forumite
    W4R3 done. :)

I am so pleased I didn't back out: it was a bit tempting as it's cold - snow further inland - and windy, but I told myself I'm tough. ;) I was more tired than I expected to be but I was running into the wind and partly uphill, so I'm trying to convince myself I'm fit enough to move up to W5 next time.

This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 342.5K Banking & Borrowing
  • 249.9K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.4K Spending & Discounts
  • 234.6K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 607.1K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 172.8K Life & Family