PPI Reclaiming Discussion Part 5

Options

Comments

• -taff
    -taff Posts: 14,501 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper Photogenic First Post
    Options
    I'm confused.
    You appear to be saying that you were paying a monthly payment decreasing life cover insurance, and then PPI on top of that too?
    Shampoo? No thanks, I'll have real poo...
  • fries320
    Options
    Yes that's correct.
  • davidpratt
    Options
    Hi all
    Several years ago I was insured through Cardif Pinnacle for either a credit card or loan ( most likely a card). Problem is I cannot remember which company I had the card with. I did try to claim once for sickness and was turned down so cancelled my cover. I have written to CP but they say they cannot trace me ever being covered through them. Any ideas?
    Thanks in anticipation
    Dave
  • amersall
    amersall Posts: 17,005 Forumite
    First Post Combo Breaker First Anniversary
    Options
    Slooooower...:D

:p:p:p:p:p
  • amersall
    amersall Posts: 17,005 Forumite
    First Post Combo Breaker First Anniversary
    Options
    fries320 wrote: »
    Hi All,

we need a bit of advice on what we should do regarding our situation:

My wife had taken out decreasing life assurance with Zurich in 2004 through an IFA.

At the time, we remember quite vividly saying the we did not want PPI . The IFA stated that if we didn't take out the policy with the PPI cover we would be charged in excess of £1000 for his advice.

Now on reading the advice on this website, we have decided that this could have been a case of mis-selling however, we note that all the PPI claims tend to be for loans etc and not life cover.

our questions are:

Should my wife still be able to claim?

we have lost contact with the IFA (in fact I think he was taken to the small claims court a number of times) so can we claim through Zurich directly?

many thanks in advance

PS we've called for a payment breakdown and they haven't provided it yet

we also haven't cancelled the PPI yet, should we do that before claiming (if the claim is possible) or do both at the same time.
    Post your question here
    http://forums.moneysavingexpert.com/forumdisplay.php?f=187
    They are more able to give you advice on this, especially if it was in connection with a mortgage.
  • Domran
    Options
    Hi Folks,
    I've sent my complaint to LloydsTSB who have since replied twice. The first time they sent the standard "We are investigating your complaint and will get back to you within 8 weeks." The second letter - about 7 weeks later - said "Due to a high volume of complaints there will be a delay of up to a further 8 weeks."

Is this a new stalling tactic or is it a fair response given how many people are claiming these days?

I was wondering what my next move should be. Do I;

a) Sit tight and await their reply until the extra 8 weeks is up.

b) Write back to them and say something along the lines of "I have no concern about what their work load is from other customers I wish them to respond within 2 weeks or I will push on with the complaint to the Ombudsman.

c) Write back to them and say "Sorry but you have had your 8 weeks I'm now getting in touch with the Ombudsman" and do exactly that.

Would the Ombudsman accept my response from Lloyds so far as reasonable for now and expect me to wait a bit longer?

Any advice on this would be great.

I have had a bit of a look and haven't found a question like it...... but then it is a rather large thread funnily enough.

Many thanks!
  • [Deleted User]
    Options
    Domran wrote: »
    Do I;

Yes, the answer is (a).
  • stu1960_2
    Options
    Domran wrote: »
    Hi Folks,
    I've sent my complaint to LloydsTSB who have since replied twice. The first time they sent the standard "We are investigating your complaint and will get back to you within 8 weeks." The second letter - about 7 weeks later - said "Due to a high volume of complaints there will be a delay of up to a further 8 weeks."

Is this a new stalling tactic or is it a fair response given how many people are claiming these days?

I was wondering what my next move should be. Do I;

b) Write back to them and say something along the lines of "I have no concern about what their work load is from other customers I wish them to respond within 2 weeks or I will push on with the complaint to the Ombudsman.

c) Write back to them and say "Sorry but you have had your 8 weeks I'm now getting in touch with the Ombudsman" and do exactly that.

Hi, when i logged my complaints with fos a fornight ago they advised me of 52 - 78 week wait.
    Option a) looks good to me.
  • [Deleted User]
    Options
    stu1960 wrote: »
    Hi, when i logged my complaints with fos a fornight ago they advised me of 52 - 78 week wait.
    Option a) looks good to me.
    I agree (see above)

(and fix your quotes!:p)
  • PPI_newbie
    Options
    Hi I took out a mortgage with Northern Rock back in 1997 through a broker 'Mortgage Matters'. They said I had to take out PPI to get the mortgage, but offered a cashback scheme to reclaim the money at a later date. The total cost of the PPI (and mortgage fees) were added to my new mortgage total. Yes you guessed the cashback was a scam as the firm that it was done through went bust well before it had to pay anything back! Anyway my question is do I complain to Northern Rock or Mortgage Matters (if they still exist). Unfortunately I don't have any of the records from this time.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 247.9K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure
  • 15.9K Discuss & Feedback