Your browser isn't supported
It looks like you're using an old web browser. To get the most out of the site and to ensure guides display correctly, we suggest upgrading your browser now. Download the latest:

Welcome to the MSE Forums

We're home to a fantastic community of MoneySavers but anyone can post. Please exercise caution & report spam, illegal, offensive or libellous posts/messages: click "report" or email forumteam@. Skimlinks & other affiliated links are turned on

Search
  • FIRST POST
    • jap200
    • By jap200 12th Mar 12, 12:18 PM
    • 2,001Posts
    • 3,408Thanks
    jap200
    0 WOW
    Amazon kindle eBook reductions, bargains, freebies - post your finds here!
    • 12th Mar 12, 12:18 PM
    0 WOW
    Amazon kindle eBook reductions, bargains, freebies - post your finds here! 12th Mar 12 at 12:18 PM
    It seems that Amazon has started doing short-lived reductions on some kindle books which are down to 20p or so for around 24 hours. I have not had anything official about this, but just noticed them in the kindle books 'movers and shakers' list. Some have previously been posted in this forum by myself and other helpful people, but it would be handy to keep them in one place.

So please post any short-term bargains here.

Please don't post details of the (huge numbers) of self-published books that are at low prices long-term (usually 79p)or free books - just genuine short-lived bargains.

Also, to avoid clutter, please also don't post links to the many books that are permanently available free. Here is a link to the top 100 Free Books in the Kindle Store: http://www.amazon.co.uk/Best-Sellers-Kindle-Store/zgbs/digital-text/ref=zg_bs_fvp_p_f_digital-text?_encoding=UTF8&tf=1

So here is one short-lived bargain I spotted today for 20p, ususally £7.71 (Edit: offer now expired - price now £3.99)

Rules of the Game by Neil Strauss: http://www.amazon.co.uk/Rules-of-the-Game-ebook/dp/B005QEE22M/ref=sr_1_1?s=digital-text&ie=UTF8&qid=1331558177&sr=1-1
    Not read it myself, but it has a few good reviews

Also don't forget the ongoing Kindle Daily Deals (as previously posted) where a different book is available each day for 99p:
    http://www.amazon.co.uk/gp/feature.html/ref=amb_link_161849367_2?ie=UTF8&docId=1000577623& pf_rd_m=A3P5ROKL5A1OLE&pf_rd_s=right-1&pf_rd_r=1V6FWDY2986TX5AQM0GX&pf_rd_t=101&pf_rd_p =270713247&pf_rd_i=341689031

This Forum Tip was included in MoneySavingExpert's weekly email

Don't miss out on new deals, loopholes, and vouchers

Last edited by jap200; 02-09-2013 at 3:05 PM.
Page 64
    • greyfox
    • By greyfox 12th Mar 19, 1:41 PM
    • 456 Posts
    • 2,449 Thanks
    greyfox
    Prime Reading
    if you pay for prime, do you get access to all books marked kindle unlimited or are prime books different? can't quite find out looking on Amazon now, think they are but just want to check
    Originally posted by AbbieCadabra
    Although Kindle Unlimited isn't included in Prime subscription, there's something called Prime Reading, which is & includes many of the titles which are also in Kindle Unlimited. You can borrow up to 10 titles at a time.

Have a look here https://www.amazon.co.uk/kindle-dbs/hz/bookshelf/prime (I'm not sure whether the link will work if you don't have a Prime account.)
    • AbbieCadabra
    • By AbbieCadabra 13th Mar 19, 9:11 AM
    • 1,594 Posts
    • 957 Thanks
    AbbieCadabra
    No, its £7.99 a month.

All info here https://www.amazon.co.uk/kindle-dbs/hz/signup?_encoding=UTF8&*entries*=0&*Version*=1

The same as music unlimited is extra if you have prime.
    Originally posted by sarah1972
    sorry, i'm obviously being very thick, that link just took me to unlimited books (I'm already paying for kindle unlimited).

so, to get access to unlimited as I do with my membership now, NOT prime, I still have to pay £7.99 on top of prime membership? Prime books i'd have access to are not the same as unlimited??

thanks
    • Locky
    • By Locky 13th Mar 19, 9:16 AM
    • 971 Posts
    • 2,852 Thanks
    Locky
    If you've got Amazon Prime, you have access to over a thousand books, magazines, comics, Kindle Singles, etc. and you can borrow 10 at a time.

With Kindle Unlimited (£7.99 extra a month), you have access to over 1 million titles, thousands of audiobooks and a rotating selection of magazines on any device.
    • sarah1972
    • By sarah1972 13th Mar 19, 9:57 AM
    • 13,846 Posts
    • 43,099 Thanks
    sarah1972
    sorry, i'm obviously being very thick, that link just took me to unlimited books (I'm already paying for kindle unlimited).

so, to get access to unlimited as I do with my membership now, NOT prime, I still have to pay £7.99 on top of prime membership? Prime books i'd have access to are not the same as unlimited??

thanks
    Originally posted by AbbieCadabra
    Yes you would pay Prime and £7.99 on top.

With Prime, you have access to over a thousand books, magazines, comics etc

With Kindle Unlimited which is £7.99 a month, you have access to over 1 million titles, thousands of audiobooks and magazines.

Its the same with Music, I have prime and have access to loads of music but if I wanted over a million songs I would have to pay a monthly charge.
    I'm a Board Guide on all of the Shopping & Freebies Boards http://forums.moneysavingexpert.com/forumdisplay.php?f=5
    I volunteer to help get your forum questions answered and keep the forum running smoothly. Board guides are not moderators and don't read every post. If you spot an inappropriate or illegal post then please report it to forumteam@moneysavingexpert.com (its not part of my role to deal with reportable posts). Any views are mine and not the official line of MoneySavingExpert.com
    • AbbieCadabra
    • By AbbieCadabra 14th Mar 19, 8:06 AM
    • 1,594 Posts
    • 957 Thanks
    AbbieCadabra
    brilliant, thank you all

sorry for being so dense, going through a really stressful time at the moment but keeping reading is the only thing keeping me calm.

I won't bother with Prime when my Kindle deal runs out soon (I paid for 2 years in advance on a deal), will keep to the £7.99 p/mth option on unlimited, still good value as I must be reading about 12-15 per month at moment.

thanks again
    • iscamaid
    • By iscamaid 14th Mar 19, 5:23 PM
    • 287 Posts
    • 538 Thanks
    iscamaid
    Yes you would pay Prime and £7.99 on top.

With Prime, you have access to over a thousand books, magazines, comics etc

With Kindle Unlimited which is £7.99 a month, you have access to over 1 million titles, thousands of audiobooks and magazines.

Its the same with Music, I have prime and have access to loads of music but if I wanted over a million songs I would have to pay a monthly charge.
    Originally posted by sarah1972
    I found out this week that you get free 4 audiobooks a month with Amazon Prime as well. Just ask Alexa - "what free audiobooks do you have" and she will tell you all titles. This month they have Emma and Michael Palins "Around the Wrld in 80 days". I was really pleased with this find.

I love audiobooks and they can get pricey through Audible (though I recently did a great deal on 4 months subscription). I have also found audiobooks can be consdierably cheaper if you get them via "Whyspersync". So if you get a Kindle book of the day at 99p and it has Whyspersync you can buy the accompanying audiobook often for uner £4 (saving massively on full price Audible).
    • *cupcake*
    • By *cupcake* 18th Mar 19, 6:22 PM
    • 27 Posts
    • 58 Thanks
    *cupcake*
    Beginner's Digital SLR Crash Course: Complete guide to mastering digital photography basics, understanding exposure, and taking better pictures.

Currently free on kindle.

Edit: This is no longer free.
    Last edited by *cupcake*; 21-03-2019 at 5:18 PM.
    • Locky
    • By Locky 18th Mar 19, 6:50 PM
    • 971 Posts
    • 2,852 Thanks
    Locky
    Say Nothing by Brad Parks is currently free.
    • InA
    • By InA 3rd Apr 19, 11:50 AM
    • 121 Posts
    • 381 Thanks
    InA
    Philip Pullman's La Belle Sauvage: The Book of Dust, Volume 1 is currently available for 99p.

Today only!

• pattycake
    • By pattycake 3rd Apr 19, 12:34 PM
    • 1,319 Posts
    • 1,169 Thanks
    pattycake
    Philip Pullman's La Belle Sauvage: The Book of Dust, Volume 1 is currently available for 99p.

Today only!
    Originally posted by InA
    My granddaughter is named after the heroine of His Dark Materials trilogy so Iíll look forward to reading this prequel. Thank you.
    • *cupcake*
    • By *cupcake* 5th May 19, 1:15 PM
    • 27 Posts
    • 58 Thanks
    *cupcake*
    The Hannibal Lecter books by Thomas Harris are all currently 99p each

Red Dragon

The Silence Of The Lambs

Hannibal

Hannibal Rising
Welcome to our new Forum!

Our aim is to save you money quickly and easily. We hope you like it!

Forum Team Contact us

Live Stats

1,071Posts Today

5,966Users online

Martin's Twitter
  • The maths is wrong. Even if MPs weren't given a penny by the state in salary or expenses, it'd save a trivial count? https://t.co/Kgskcjd6eG

• What an utterly depressing watch this is. I think the MP handles it as well as possible. Good on him for not just t? https://t.co/LrSY56HbPA

• RT @Caitch22: @MartinSLewis Maybe the cheap housing, final salary scheme generation that want to tax the young should pay for their own car?

• Follow Martin